Board Report Card

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to say this with a straight face but how well have the Anderson's ticket gone so far.

Are they the mob to carry us from the ruins with their 9 pillars for suxcess

20200715_193410.jpg

btw if your a circlejerker - you don't need to reply as we already know your response-

"we love the Anderson's gobble, gobble slurp slurp"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
An honest answers on those pillars

1. About the same as previous board
2. Yes, but it's not successful at this stage
3. Not overly
4. Not by a long shot
5. We can't go back to the 80's or 90's. What is bulldogs culture these days?
6. If they mean players can't really say many have improved in recent years.
7. What is the strategic plan. They've been in place for 3 years, has it been made public.
8. An improvement there for sure
9. No chance. They're a long way off.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they even give out report cards to those with chronic absence?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
An honest answers on those pillars

1. About the same as previous board
2. Yes, but it's not successful at this stage
3. Not overly
4. Not by a long shot
5. We can't go back to the 80's or 90's. What is bulldogs culture these days?
6. If they mean players can't really say many have improved in recent years.
7. What is the strategic plan. They've been in place for 3 years, has it been made public.
8. An improvement there for sure
9. No chance. They're a long way off.
1. Covid affected this. There were plans for two member forums this year, both shelved.

2. Why, because there’s no running commentary?

3. Definitely. Introduced new rules to ensure the cap disaster can’t happen again. Eg: Any player who has a salary adjustment of more than $100k/annum over the course of their contract must now go to the board. Previously this was a CEO decision and contributed to the club being asleep at the wheel.

4. This is questionable sure, especially with the dramas between the league and footy clubs. I sense some work to change the master/servant relationship has been done though to address this, just don’t see it yet.

5. Hard to measure.

6. Probably not given cap and coaching issues and on-field results. That starts to change from November hopefully. Staff wise don’t know but would’ve been a tough year with shut-down, JobKeeper and other issues.

7. According to Baz today there is one and he’s got no history or loyalty. Also why would be have taken the job if he didn’t buy the plan - just to be head coach again? Nah, he could’ve waited for the Steelers or another opportunity - he chose us.

8. Definitely. Averillo and Doorey are the first signs of that and the Mounties partnership should also help this.

9. Not until everyone is rowing in the same direction and we’re winning. Obviously not there yet.

So of course they don’t get 10/10 and no-one would ever suggest so. Things go wrong and change on the way. But the suggestion nothing has been done is just wrong. The next 12 months is the real test. If they fail I’ll have no issue seeing them replaced.

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Some well measured goals there and a good few of them achieved.

Certainly makes for better reading than what your mate Ray Dib spewed out in 2015;

View attachment 16894
To be fair, that old plan was reaching far and failed spectacularly..

This boards laundry list was mediocre and they still failed lol.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm trying to say this with a straight face but how well have the Anderson's ticket gone so far.

Are they the mob to carry us from the ruins with their 9 pillars for suxcess

View attachment 16892

btw if your a circlejerker - you don't need to reply as we already know your response-

"we love the Anderson's gobble, gobble slurp slurp"
1) Not really much to speak of here. There was a great video made about the ties to Belmore a while back that I thought was great. But overall the poor results on field doesn't really help us to be engaged with football.

2) Hard to see from the outside.

3) Been a lot of staff turnover in the coaching side of things as well as in junior scouting. So some have been accountable for their lack of results. And it looks like plenty of players will be moved on too.

4) Coorey might prove to be an example of this if he's found guilty of the things he's been accused of.

5) Not seeing it in the players. Winning was a big part of that. But arguably difficult considering the roster isn't superb.

6) Seeing more people moved on than developed. But I'm not filled in on staff improvement within the club. So impossible to say.

7 & 8) Getting the Laundy family on board seems like a good strategy. Hopefully the partnership with some country regions pays dividends with good juniors coming in soon. But hard to judge the recruitment process as a complete job until it's actually complete for this year.

9) Will only be achieved by becoming a threat on game day. So this will largely depend on the playing and coaching staff. If they fail it will reflect back to the board once we've got the cap back in order and have a fair chance to recruit no properly.

For what it's worth I still haven't decided if I think this board has done well. We've picked up some positive signings since they got in. Some haven't been brilliant. But cap space has been a hindrance. Moving forward that's not meant to be an issue anymore. So I will withhold judgement on this year's recruitment until next year. Hopefully we see improvement on field and we become a more attractive club for potential recruits in the process.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Big F for Fail. But forget about the goals. What they set out to achieve takes decades.

It’s the small things that count for now. Fan and community engagement is abysmal. The perception of the club is poor. Our junior development is the weakest in the competition. Pathetic roster management.

Weak leadership on and off the field. Talent scouting is non existent. The list goes on. These are the things that they should have been working on

A simple fix would be to win games. Nobody would be talking about the zoo in the office.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah hello 12th, 12th & 16th.
At this stage we would have to be favorites for spoon again in 2021.
We are a long way off top 8.
Hopefully there are some more good signings and and Barrett gets the team playimg better but we have been going backwards since 2017.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some of those targets are so vague.. "Develop our people", "develop a new strategic plan".. Shouldn't they have had a plan before they took over? 3 years later, I still don't see a plan.. And what does develop our people even mean?

It's like they couldn't think of or ran out of things to say but threw things in there to reach the word count required for their homework. Looking back, it's amazing anyone fell for this amateur hour pitch in the first place..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Some of those targets are so vague.. "Develop our people", "develop a new strategic plan".. Shouldn't they have had a plan before they took over? 3 years later, I still don't see a plan.. And what does develop our people even mean?

It's like they couldn't think of or ran out of things to say but threw things in there to reach the word count required for their homework. Looking back, it's amazing anyone fell for this amateur hour pitch in the first place..
All true. Although anybody putting themselves up against the Dib Board would have won. There was a lot of hope and inspiration placed in the Andersons with the Bullfrog angle and a previously successful coaching pedigree in Chris.

Now, after 3 years, a very lacklustre performance all round, except the slashing and burning of the most overpaid, useless players early on. That they did well. I guess it really was necessary to pay other clubs to take them so we have to accept that issue was handled correctly. Although Castle and Hasler have pushed back on that.

But unfortunately they replaced those players with near on like for like cheaper, less skilled versions and upgraded more of the also rans on inflated contracts themselves. This must surely impact us further in the next few years eg its rumoured DWZ and others already being shopped.

Hanging on by a thread with a pass mark for me.

But it is what it is as they say and they got Laundy and Barrett and Cotric and so far we have to hang our hopes that these people can bring our club up to scratch for 2021.

Anything more than competitive after 2021 will take years of best practice, huge signings, luck and the very soul of poor Trent Barrett.

Any inkling of competence and a footy brain with selections, roster, tactics, junior development and he'll have the club supporters full support.

We can move on from there and see how it pans out for 2022.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All true. Although anybody putting themselves up against the Dib Board would have won. There was a lot of hope and inspiration placed in the Andersons with the Bullfrog angle and a previously successful coaching pedigree in Chris.

Now, after 3 years, a very lacklustre performance all round, except the slashing and burning of the most overpaid, useless players early on. That they did well. I guess it really was necessary to pay other clubs to take them so we have to accept that issue was handled correctly. Although Castle and Hasler have pushed back on that.

But unfortunately they replaced those players with near on like for like cheaper, less skilled versions and upgraded more of the also rans on inflated contracts themselves. This must surely impact us further in the next few years eg its rumoured DWZ and others already being shopped.

Hanging on by a thread with a pass mark for me.

But it is what it is as they say and they got Laundy and Barrett and Cotric and so far we have to hang our hopes that these people can bring our club up to scratch for 2021.

Anything more than competitive after 2021 will take years of best practice, huge signings, luck and the very soul of poor Trent Barrett.

Any inkling of competence and a footy brain with selections, roster, tactics, junior development and he'll have the club supporters full support.

We can move on from there and see how it pans out for 2022.
Absolutely, they won because everyone was desperate to get rid of Dib. I'm happy with Barrett and still am hopeful we can get some more signings but my point is those nine pillars were so vague and illustrate how they really had no strategy from the beginning. They've made it up as they go along.

Hopefully things sort themselves out because no one at the club or any other ticket or faction inspires confidence and the circus around the club isn't helping anyone.