Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Block of cheese 2022...

There goes your reputation!

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I suspect that Harry is going to be a little injury prone, judging by the way that he plays.....1.1 million per season is a lot of cash for possibly injury prone.

Cheese is closest to a true Bulldog player and his attitude and humour would suit us.....he has more utility value also as he can play multiple positions. Not a classic hooker, but does the job pretty well.....more robust and better value for the money in my opinion.

Powell is a little untested at NRL level, but has shown a lot at international level.....however, he is coming towards the end of his career and that together with the "homesick syndrome" probably makes him last on my list. I think that he is also asking very top dollar.

Let's be honest though guys & gals.....we are most unlikely to get any of them.......

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Cordner and Friends salaries freed up and Smith being the highest profile player off contract in 2023 its a sure thing I reckon.

Malla

Reaction score
Does he even play? Seems to spend a lot of time on the sidelines which wouldn’t help us
He was out most of this year but I think he’s played the last few weeks

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cooper Cronk says he is worth about $500k which is how much the Roosters will put him under the cap for, but we would have to pay $8-900K. Got to target Roosters hooker now - Verrills. HE would have his nose out of joint because of it. Take advantage of it.
Verrils has got nothing

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was out most of this year but I think he’s played the last few weeks
I’d prefer we grew our own if we can’t get Smith. BBO looks good in limited mins

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cooper Cronk says he is worth about $500k which is how much the Roosters will put him under the cap for, but we would have to pay $8-900K. Got to target Roosters hooker now - Verrills. HE would have his nose out of joint because of it. Take advantage of it.
Of course Cronk says he’s worth 500K. He just forgets to mention he’s also worth the rent free apartment, new car, new boat and loaned credit card

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does he even play? Seems to spend a lot of time on the sidelines which wouldn’t help us
He's been injured a lot this year but hasn't been too impressive in the games he's played either (showed some promise last 2 years). That's probably the main reason why the Roosters are genuinely interested in Smith. Verrills hasn't developed fast enough (possibly gone backwards) for what the Roosters expected from him.

Malla

Reaction score
I’d prefer we grew our own if we can’t get Smith. BBO looks good in limited mins
100% agree mate but Verrils could be on the cheap I guess
Anyway agree would rather focus on juniors here and develop within I’m sure with the right team around them JMK and BBO combination might not be that bad after all

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course Cronk says he’s worth 500K. He just forgets to mention he’s also worth the rent free apartment, new car, new boat and loaned credit card
I couldn't believe the arrogance of the prick when Cronk said this Wednesday on NRL 360. So Cronk had a well publicised $1m Roosters 2 year contract but the Cheese is worth $500k? Are we all that stupid? Is Cronk blowing his own trumpet or indicating that Nick chips in around $400k off the books for players like Cronk and Cheese?...because his market value is clearly north of $800k so how the fuck could Roosters offer him a $500k contract and not be laughed at?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is on more at the Storm, who will upgrade him now i assume
Not sure when he signed his last contract but doubt he is on more than 500k now? Of course he is worth more than that now so a definite fanciful figure is the one Gronk stated.