No Source Block of cheese

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If this is true, that means Grant and Clarke have rejected our offers. Smith is our 3rd target for hooker.
Grant is the pick of the lot obviously, but think he is the longest odds. Probably extend with Melbourne with an eye on the 2nd Brisbane team and command the largest $ when we still need some marquee signings/positions to fill.

Clarke sounds like he could be a good option but would be the biggest risk/complicated. Untested in the NRL and having to get him over here and settled etc.

B Smith probably the least natural 9 but I personally think he is the best choice. Has the experience, skills and winning culture. Give him the 9 for 2 years while we develop our own junior then move him around the rest of the pack or 14 for the next 2 years.
For TPA get Laundy to buy a pub in QLD and hire his family to work there. Give him 10% ownership for each year he spends the majority of his games in 1st grade.

I really think his attitude and style is what we need at this point of the "reconstruction" as he can hit the ground running unlike Clarke and will leave us with more powder to spend on a quality prop and gun X factor unlike Grant.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d be happy with any of the 3 mentioned here. I have no idea about $$ but I’m guessing Harry would be $1M+, Cheese $800 and Clarke around the $600-$650 mark? Whilst Harry is a clear standout for me in ability, for the balance of the salary cap and overall squad, I think Cheese or Clarke are the better fits and they also free up that little extra to target some other problem areas.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d be happy with any of the 3 mentioned here. I have no idea about $$ but I’m guessing Harry would be $1M+, Cheese $800 and Clarke around the $600-$650 mark? Whilst Harry is a clear standout for me in ability, for the balance of the salary cap and overall squad, I think Cheese or Clarke are the better fits and they also free up that little extra to target some other problem areas.
Grant ~1.2-1.3m
Smith ~700k
Clark ~600k

I think we're looking at something around those figures if we actually want a chance in signing them. On Grant, we need to remember the Storm are going to offer him something in the vicinity of 800k-1m.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My source told me that our offer to Harry was in the vicinity of $4.5m over 4 years
Wow, that's a huge offer. Surprised he didnt bite.
Great player no doubt, but that is enormous.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone know what @iron aiden’s strike rate is? I noticed he’s posted a few threads linking the cheese to us in 2022...