No Source Block of cheese

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I couldn't believe the arrogance of the prick when Cronk said this Wednesday on NRL 360. So Cronk had a well publicised $1m Roosters 2 year contract but the Cheese is worth $500k? Are we all that stupid? Is Cronk blowing his own trumpet or indicating that Nick chips in around $400k off the books for players like Cronk and Cheese?...because his market value is clearly north of $800k so how the fuck could Roosters offer him a $500k contract and not be laughed at?
Rorters can offer whatever they want too,then uncle Nick takes them out to play golf and bets em they will miss a 2 foot put for the $100,000 in the back of his golf bag,and that's GOSPEL.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't believe the arrogance of the prick when Cronk said this Wednesday on NRL 360. So Cronk had a well publicised $1m Roosters 2 year contract but the Cheese is worth $500k? Are we all that stupid? Is Cronk blowing his own trumpet or indicating that Nick chips in around $400k off the books for players like Cronk and Cheese?...because his market value is clearly north of $800k so how the fuck could Roosters offer him a $500k contract and not be laughed at?
Everyone remembers the ex NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert. He’s now on the books as a consultant for the Roosters. Safe to say they’ve got all the loopholes covered

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look at our golden era from 84-04

We rarely bought big names, we generally invested in youth and supplemented with the occasional young first grader being purchased - ie Tunks, Kelly, and later the likes of Andrew Ryan
The rest were pretty much brought through as debutants - the list from those eras is endless

We had to start with a bang to be somewhat competitive next 2 years, but from here on I’d be surprised to see us purchasing many stars

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we start well next year it might sway him

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Easts were probably better off keeping Verrills tbh Smith was good as an impact player at the Storm but looked very average today
Exactly right mate. He doesn’t have the quality at the chooks that he did at the Storm. It’s going to be a long year for him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look at our golden era from 84-04

We rarely bought big names, we generally invested in youth and supplemented with the occasional young first grader being purchased - ie Tunks, Kelly, and later the likes of Andrew Ryan
The rest were pretty much brought through as debutants - the list from those eras is endless

We had to start with a bang to be somewhat competitive next 2 years, but from here on I’d be surprised to see us purchasing many stars
We didn't have any pre-season hype jobs either and dancing around the camp fire.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The list below is the forward pack Brandon Smith was playing behind last season. It's no wonder he looked like a super star. FMD WOW

Jesse Bromwich
Christian Welch
Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Tui Kamikamic
Josh King
Kenny Bromwich
Felise Kaufusi
Tom Eisenhuth

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go Dolphins 28 Feather Dusters ( Poofsters ) chickens....I mean Roosters 18 :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Easily the most enjoyable game of the round, they played some good footy.
It was a good game of footy, I ask the question though, was it good coaching, experience in a good pack of forwards, Roosters being complacent or all of the above?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a good game of footy, I ask the question though, was it good coaching, experience in a good pack of forwards, Roosters being complacent or all of the above?
Some complacency for sure but they were shellshocked i reckon.Maybe the heat too affected them more? A lot of credit must go to Benny and the players for how pumped and ready to fight they were.