Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry but you are talking rubbish.

1. He wasn’t on one leg when we signed him. We cant pull the offer now
2. We are nowhere near a premiership. Bottom of the 8 is our goal for next year. Anyone who doesn’t think so has less than no idea about football
3. We have enough veterans ?? Do you even watch the game

Answer the question.Who would you sign ????
If our goal for next year is bottom 8 I wouldn’t sign anyone and just stick with the players we currently have that is signed on beyond this year. So again to answer your question as you think I’m avoiding it, if I had the choice to sign Green or no one as a half for next year I choose the latter.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Now I expect the Knights to resign Cogger to complete the merry go round. Or is it a circus? Maybe they’ll sign Foran... lol.
It will be Newcastle or Manly for Foran.
It's good Newcastle are prepared to give Cogger a lifeline.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol channel 9 headline something like
‘Not wanted by the Knights but signed by the Bulldogs’
Just yuck

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a bad one apparently.
I was reading yesterday that he was considering early retirement after this injury???
Seriously I think a lot of the Rugby League "journalists" just make shit up.

No preseason on a one year contract and probably last season before retirement.
It will be every day of 9 months mate.
He’s a cheap halves option. He’ll be out less than Foran and he’s been relatively injury free his whole career, I’d back him to get back before round 1.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
but because we have been cellar dwellers for the last 3 years, we will have to pay overs to get quality players. That's just how the system works.
To a point yes, but it would be a mistake to splash any substantial ‘overs’ on someone either unproven or who ends up playing 50% of games with us - otherwise we end up at the start of those 3 years again. So if we have to have a placeholder or two until the right talent can join (given money is no longer the issue), it’s not perfect but I get the logic.

The other thing is if we make it too obvious about how much money is available we get the gold-diggers lining up. I’d prefer to avoid another T-Rex situation (both for what he delivered on field and how much we paid him).

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If our goal for next year is bottom 8 I wouldn’t sign anyone and just stick with the players we currently have that is signed on beyond this year. So again to answer your question as you think I’m avoiding it, if I had the choice to sign Green or no one as a half for next year I choose the latter.
Yep fair enough you are entitled to your opinion.

As am I

And my opinion is that we offered Foran a 1 year deal which was more than fair. He knocked it back. If we rely on Wakeham and Lewis as our halves pairing for next year god help us. We will get consecutive wooden spoons. That would be guaranteed.

The goal doesnt always have to be a premiership. In the big picture sponsors and players will come on board if we are competitive. At the moment we are coming last.

But you still sort of avoided the question. Who would be your halves pairing next year considering that :

1. Foran kocked backed a 1 year offer ;
2. Burton is on contract

You say to stick with what we have. So if we do that who starts at 6 and 7 next year ????????????

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very smart youre right LOL its already stated due to his injury he won't be able to take part in any pre-season training. "Smart signing"
Yeah the dude went to the Knights without a pre season with them and just fit in to that system

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Burton better than Munster/DCE/Whiton?
Like JT/Cronk caliber? Way people talk about him he is incredible, like future immortal incredible. I’ve only seen his NRL games where he was just a good rookie with potential in a good system and red hot team. I must be very misinformed, hope I am at least.
This..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the dude went to the Knights without a pre season with them and just fit in to that system
lolllll did he though? playing with Pearce + Ponga and behind that very good forward pack, Lewis would look like he belongs too FFS. How did Blake Green manage at the Warriors with a bunch of nobodies which is very comparable to our own squad?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate like your optimism.
34 year old with no pre-season.
Call me skeptical but I doubt he will back before May.
Maybe we will get lucky & there will be some sort of pandemic next year that will delay the season so he won't miss any games.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Green is just a backup plan in case we cant get Burton for next year. The fact that he'll miss the entire pre-season is a massive concern though
Remember terry lamb,the last 4 years of his career had no preseasons,because of bunged up knees,I think he will be a good buy,he did well at the warriors,was playing well at Newcastle before injury,and a good game manager,and has a good kicking game unlike foran and his dodgy hamstrings,and everything else.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Like JT/Cronk caliber? Way people talk about him he is incredible, like future immortal incredible. I’ve only seen his NRL games where he was just a good rookie with potential in a good system and red hot team. I must be very misinformed, hope I am at least.
The premature ejectulation factor is very high on the kennel, very high grasshopper.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s better than we have. I remember gus saying Cleary, burton and luai were good halves but said burton is Special. Pretty much said he can become better than Cleary

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen Burton play, but it seems everyone on here is jumping on the Burt wagon. How much first grade experience does he have?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But was he signed before he played for the other 9 clubs racking up a completely unremarkable resume and before he was due for a pension? Truly rubbish signing and if Barrett has his paws in it, God help us.
but he went away played in the UK & learned the trade. He came back to the NRL a FAR better player