Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't even talk about Holland and Montoya tbh. Montoya is a bloke that came through the grades and has had shit luck after a promising first season. I'm not saying we give him an extension but it's not as if he has been on massive chunk of cap and prevented us from making any signings. Elliott i also don't hate, at a good price he can potentially offer some value..I just personally would've prefered to cut him loose along with a few others and shakeup our back.

I prefer not to speak about the others you mentioned..
Lol

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very smart youre right LOL its already stated due to his injury he won't be able to take part in any pre-season training. "Smart signing"
He will add so much both off and on the field. He’d be better than Foran and he’s cheap, not costing the farm. Burton will be there in 2021/2022. He’s very solid.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair he was signed BEFORE he did his ACL.
If we had an A grader I might understand the argument to why we’d want a player like Green for that supporting role. But he’s 34. And we expect him to come in and be that creative half for us and then retire after 1 year? What’s the point of it? It’s so short term thinking.

Club three years ago stated that we would compete in 2021. Basically as it looks now we will be competing for 9th - 16th next year and again be given false promises that 2022 is the year. Feels like Groundhog Day.

The club had three years to prepare for 2021 and and in my opinion many choices thus far on player retention/recruitment has been very underwhelming.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely.
We should have signed Holbrook, but Trent was the next best option in regards to fresh ideas and using him as a tool to steal Panthers juniors

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we had an A grader I might understand the argument to why we’d want a player like Green for that supporting role. But he’s 34. And we expect him to come in and be that creative half for us and then retire after 1 year? What’s the point of it? It’s so short term thinking.

Club three years ago stated that we would compete in 2021. Basically as it looks now we will be competing for 9th - 16th next year and again be given false promises that 2022 is the year. Feels like Groundhog Day.

The club had three years to prepare for 2021 and and in my opinion many choices thus far on player retention/recruitment has been very underwhelming.
Very underwhelming/plain wrong.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1 year contract indicates Green is a short term measure for next year as there are no top class halfbacks from other clubs off contract this year. With Foran gone its highly unlikely the club can move forward next year with Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham as halves. Their performance varies between duds to below average. Our long term halfbacks will be on the market at the end of next year.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's going to out for 9 months.
I'm hoping Wakeham & Lewis aren't the halves combo for next season.
That will be a horror show.
He’ll be back round 1-4, that’s on the 7 to 8 month schedule. More and more ACL recoveries are on the 6 month range.

He’ll do more off the field than on.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
At least Newcastle have to pay Blake & his surgery & rehad until November.
That's something at least.
I wonder what the cost of the Blake Green signing was for Newcastle "per game".
Can someone work it out please.

DogDayAfternoon

Waterboy
Reaction score
Now I expect the Knights to resign Cogger to complete the merry go round. Or is it a circus? Maybe they’ll sign Foran... lol.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look it’s not the best signing. Timing couldn’t have been worse to announce it. Overall he is what we need, an experienced half to replace Foz. He’d be cheaper. Just a shit time with his ACL.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’ll be back round 1-4, that’s on the 7 to 8 month schedule. More and more ACL recoveries are on the 6 month range.

He’ll do more off the field than on.
It's a bad one apparently.
I was reading yesterday that he was considering early retirement after this injury???
Seriously I think a lot of the Rugby League "journalists" just make shit up.

No preseason on a one year contract and probably last season before retirement.
It will be every day of 9 months mate.