Black Friday [RANT] (Explicit)

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Enough is enough, why is all of the worst consumerist garbage being imported from America?

Turn on the radio and every ad break, buy the latest cheap electronic goods on this "black friday sale".

All us normal people want to do is get our groceries for the week but no... All of the parking spots are taken by sheep who ate up all of the murican consumerist bs. Buy this buy that, baaa baaa here is my money.

Soon we will have fuckwits camping outside of electronics stores while the book store lines are empty.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I buy my books online tbh.
I love book shops. You never know what you’ll stumble across when you’re browsing. Online shopping is great for convenience, but I try to buy most of my books from shops, because it always saddens me when they close down.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I suppose the prospect of saving money is a powerful incentive. I just hope we don’t end up with people lining up outside stores before they open and rioting/ fighting over bargains and stuff. I’ve geard Black Friday gets pretty insane over there.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suppose the prospect of saving money is a powerful incentive. I just hope we don’t end up with people lining up outside stores before they open and rioting/ fighting over bargains and stuff. I’ve geard Black Friday gets pretty insane over there.
Only 1 shooting thats acceptable for a sale lol

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only 1 shooting thats acceptable for a sale lol
The cops killed the wrong person.

Because some Americans carry guns, a guy was running away with his gun in his hand & the cops killed him, thinking he was the gunman.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OP is mad for paying full price on his 5 year old TCL 42” TV

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The cops killed the wrong person.

Because some Americans carry guns, a guy was running away with his gun in his hand & the cops killed him, thinking he was the gunman.
Someone really got shot? Damn, I thought he was joking.

Fucked up!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t like the term either, it’s an American thing, which we need less of, not more of.

And when I think of “Black Saturday” I think of when the bushfires wreaked hell on Victorians, not a shopping expedition....on a Friday.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meh who cares.. Not like your rant is going to stop it.

Just like the Boxing Day sales.

Sales aren't sales, they are a chance for stores to shift excess stock at reduced margins with a few big ticket low margin items tossed in for good measure.

E.G lets say you had a stack of 3D TVs (which anyone with a brain knows are EOL now), and they are 12 months old (EOL by 12 months) stock.
Purchase price from disty - $900.
Claimed Rec Retail Price - $1800
Sell price when new from store - $1600.
Black Friday Sale price to clear them - $1200.

Consumer sees "WAS $1800 reduced to $1600 .. ONLY $1200 FOR 4 days!!"

Then along with those sales you throw in a NEW TVs for sale which are only 3 months old models.
Purchase price from disty - $2000.
Claimed Rec Retail Price - $2399.
Sell price when new from store - $2300
Black Friday Sale Price - $2200

Consumer sees "WAS $2399 .. ONLY $2200 for 4 days!!!"

and finally you toss in some non loss leaders with an over inflated RRP. Brand new TVs only a month old models.
Purchase price from disty - $2000
Claimed Rec Retail Price - $5000
Sell price when new from store - $3500
Black Friday Sale Price - $3400

Consumer sees "WORTH $5000 now $3400 for 4 days"

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It's very annoying yes but if its a significant mark down then i kinda get it. But what i don't get is when people line up the night before for a stupid new phone or something like that. They do realise they'll be making more, right? Wtf is wrong with these people?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's very annoying yes but if its a significant mark down then i kinda get it. But what i don't get is when people line up the night before for a stupid new phone or something like that. They do realise they'll be making more, right? Wtf is wrong with these people?
Like that **** that camped infront of apple for a week ,if you sleep out front of a shop for a week you don't have any real life friends who the fuck is he going to call

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meh who cares.. Not like your rant is going to stop it.

Just like the Boxing Day sales.

Sales aren't sales, they are a chance for stores to shift excess stock at reduced margins with a few big ticket low margin items tossed in for good measure.

E.G lets say you had a stack of 3D TVs (which anyone with a brain knows are EOL now), and they are 12 months old (EOL by 12 months) stock.
Purchase price from disty - $900.
Claimed Rec Retail Price - $1800
Sell price when new from store - $1600.
Black Friday Sale price to clear them - $1200.

Consumer sees "WAS $1800 reduced to $1600 .. ONLY $1200 FOR 4 days!!"

Then along with those sales you throw in a NEW TVs for sale which are only 3 months old models.
Purchase price from disty - $2000.
Claimed Rec Retail Price - $2399.
Sell price when new from store - $2300
Black Friday Sale Price - $2200

Consumer sees "WAS $2399 .. ONLY $2200 for 4 days!!!"

and finally you toss in some non loss leaders with an over inflated RRP. Brand new TVs only a month old models.
Purchase price from disty - $2000
Claimed Rec Retail Price - $5000
Sell price when new from store - $3500
Black Friday Sale Price - $3400

Consumer sees "WORTH $5000 now $3400 for 4 days"
When I was 16 & did work experience at Mathers Shoes. (working at the Brisbane headquarters)

One of my jobs was ordering the shoes the shops wanted.

Some shoes were $5 a pair & they were sold for over $300.

So even when they have 75% off, they are still making a huge profit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When I was 16 & did work experience at Mathers Shoes. (working at the Brisbane headquarters)

One of my jobs was ordering the shoes the shops wanted.

Some shoes were $5 a pair & they were sold for over $300.

So even when they have 75% off, they are still making a huge profit.
Family friend works for Harvey Norman in purchasing.

Before each store (franchise) gets their items, a "Harvey" Tax is applied, and generally around 10-15%.

Stores cannot order direct, they must order through head office.

So what you end up with is like this.

1. Manufacturer sells to distributor (or direct to HN).
2. HN apply a Harvey Tax and then either deliver or drop ship directly to the store.
3. Store then applies their markup, and goods are ready for sale.

So Gerry Harvey makes money even if the stores don't. That's why you can often get items in there were they say "we can't go any lower on price", despite being more expensive than other places.

Reactions: Kaz

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Enough is enough, why is all of the worst consumerist garbage being imported from America?

Turn on the radio and every ad break, buy the latest cheap electronic goods on this "black friday sale".

All us normal people want to do is get our groceries for the week but no... All of the parking spots are taken by sheep who ate up all of the murican consumerist bs. Buy this buy that, baaa baaa here is my money.

Soon we will have fuckwits camping outside of electronics stores while the book store lines are empty.
I buy what I want, when I want. No ads, Black Friday, White Monday, Purple Wednesday, Cyan Thursday shit will work on me. If I don't want something, my ass will stay tightly closed!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But i need to use it asap otherwise i'm missing out.