Opinion Biblical Barrett?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Barrett our chosen one?
Is he our most important signing?
Has he said or done anything wrong since being in charge?
I think with the people he has surrounded himself with..the players he has signed and wants to sign..the change he has already bought to the club..
He is our biggest signing in 10 years in my opinion..
Des was big at first,but always had a stigma about his gameplay and use of the salary cap,plus he was surrounded with muppets like Cleal and Egan.
I can’t think of a player that comes close to the change he has bought to the club since 2011
Let’s hear some genuine opinions without being dickheads

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think with the people he has surrounded himself with..the players he has signed and wants to sign..the change he has already bought to the club..
Des was big at first,but always had a stigma about his gameplay and use of the salary cap,plus he was surrounded with muppets like Cleal and Egan.
I can’t think of a player that comes close to the change he has bought to the club since 2011
Let's wait and see how the coming season unfolds. But its quite possible!

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He may very well be the right man, at the right time. Everything that I have observed, seems to be on the right track. And, he's saying all the right things. I am full of confidence that things are going well, and on course. Time will tell how it all pans out.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have close freinds in the panthers system. They tell me he is missed. He set up a lot the values and systems that helped the riff. He got as I think bulldog Steve said consistency so same calls same structure plated through all ages. If he can bring the dogs together and nock down some the decisions making to all for the good of the club. Yes we will be all better for it. I believe in my opionion if anyone can he could. So let’s wait and see how things go the next three years on the field. The rest will follow

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ is legend and very well could be our saviour, he’s done everything correct to date and we are in for a much improved year and great future.!!

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All fair comments guys..
But for the change he has already bought,the people he has around him and the players we have bought..
Judging him on these things alone..he has hugely exceeded expectations...surely
Of course time will tell..as with everything..but I doubt any of us have been this excited about the direction of our club since Desneyland hit Belmore.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has done well in fact very well, he presents well and is ticking all the boxes so far BUT until the season kicks off and we play a good number of games we cant annoint him at all, it's all about improvement on the field as a team...
Lols at Dogsofwar's post i can see that happening i've heard that about this site..lots of knivethrowers :laughing:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The news to date has been very positive,the signings have been very positive,he’s bought in all the right people,his ability as a coach will start,in another 4 weeks,I for one will give him,the same time frame I gave dean pay,a year,unfortunately for dean he dint have the funds,that Barrett has.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everything seems very positive at the moment. But the only true measuring stick will be in seeing the team improve on the field. I'll be singing his praises if we're well inside the top 8 by the halfway point of the season.

I won't be on the sack Barrett bandwagon if we aren't. But he's had a pretty good chance to establish the team he wants to a large extent. He's picked his own coaching staff.

I think he should have two years to have us pushing deep into the finals. If by then we're not looking highly competitive it'll be pointing towards him being a myth.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Havent won a single game with him yet.
Thinks he's still 20, walking around ripped with abs.
Bet the players love him too.
Making the players coming back a week earlier from there xmas break, Elliot never even had a chance to break out the vinyl and spin a few Neil Diamond records in his birthday suit.
Players said they havent trained this hard in years, sounds like a dictatorship to me.
Havent seen any cross's taped on walls during the training vids, why were they taken down? Took the old coaching staff months to put them up.
He's let all our talent go and signed younger players. We had players that fianlly had 50 games under their belt. Not to mention Foran still had another 2-3 good years of rehab in him.
I dunno, its going to be a long couple of years.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Havent won a single game with him yet.
Thinks he's still 20, walking around ripped with abs.
Bet the players love him too.
Making the players coming back a week earlier from there xmas break, Elliot never even had a chance to break out the vinyl and spin a few Neil Diamond records in his birthday suit.
Players said they havent trained this hard in years, sounds like a dictatorship to me.
Havent seen any cross's taped on walls during the training vids, why were they taken down? Took the old coaching staff months to put them up.
He's let all our talent go and signed younger players. We had players that fianlly had 50 games under their belt. Not to mention Foran still had another 2-3 good years of rehab in him.
I dunno, its going to be a long couple of years.
Love it..
Sarcasm is real..hehe

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he was sent by God himself.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think if we finish 10th or better it’s a solid season
Definitely feel he needs 12-24months to then be judged.
if we can get Burton this year my expectation would be we are pushing for the 8
As a supporter of over 30 years my expectations are always if we don’t make the 8 it’s a failure season.
Canterbury have always been in my lifetime a ‘premiership threat’ this is the longest drought and longest period without finals in my lifetime.
We cannot become a parramatta and talk about ‘what about us in the 80’s?’
it’s time for ‘we will win it this year!’

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ask me in 12 months time. Even if we win four games this year, it's an improvement.