Opinion Best gig ever...

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Sorry to let you down but no pit & was drinking water all night lol
Your right - you have let me down. Getting hammered at a Bocelli gig and making a dick out of yourself would have to be the most awesome story of all time. My missus is ex-COM, has season tickets at the Opera and is always trying to get me to go. I just say, are you really, really sure? She then invites her sister instead.

Win-win. btw - I'm @ Grays Point - where u at?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dropkick Murphy's and sick of it all Enmore theatre, was absolutely chaos, starting drinking at the woy blind by newtown we were out of control at some pub we gave a mate an atomic wedge his ripped his undies off threw them landed on some poor peoples dinner then we threw them in an open fire, booted a female toilet door off its hinges pissed in there got abused ( rightly fucking so ) but I did have the toilet seat up for them when I was pissing, broke a few chairs, got out checked phone had a barrage of abusive msg from a mate for leaving him behind ,he was so blind didn't make the first band , grabbed a kebab newtown station mate lasted 5 minutes before he proceeded to projectile spew like the exorcist all over the platform, train ride home a bit of a blur another mate somehow managed to rip a few seats to pieces still got me fucked to this day how he done it.
How we were not arrested or had the absolute shit beaten out of us is a miracle but we probably deserved both.
Live and learn
Danzig at the big top wasn't much better ( sorry kiribilly pub) but not getting into that one

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exodus and the haunted , in our 30s Me and a mate in our drunken wisdom decided to " teach these young fellas a lesson in the pit "
I lasted about 5 minutes and got absolutely destroyed pretty sure @Hacky McAxe was there
Yeah. I'm pretty sure I was in the pitt for most of it and may have had a minor heart attack.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dropkick Murphy's and sick of it all Enmore theatre, was absolutely chaos, starting drinking at the woy blind by newtown we were out of control at some pub we gave a mate an atomic wedge his ripped his undies off threw them landed on some poor peoples dinner then we threw them in an open fire, booted a female toilet door off its hinges pissed in there got abused ( rightly fucking so ) but I did have the toilet seat up for them when I was pissing, broke a few chairs, got out checked phone had a barrage of abusive msg from a mate for leaving him behind ,he was so blind didn't make the first band , grabbed a kebab newtown station mate lasted 5 minutes before he proceeded to projectile spew like the exorcist all over the platform, train ride home a bit of a blur another mate somehow managed to rip a few seats to pieces still got me fucked to this day how he done it.
How we were not arrested or had the absolute shit beaten out of us is a miracle but we probably deserved both.
Live and learn
Danzig at the big top wasn't much better ( sorry kiribilly pub) but not getting into that one
Sounds familiar!

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1972 - Led Zeppelin : I was learning the guitar at the time and my brother and his mates took me along to the show ground. My first real concert - great stuff!
197? - Queen : wasn't a fan but my friends convinced me to go (and they shouted me the ticket). Seriously good - Freddie was a superb entertainer.
197? - Frank Zappa : great fun. (decades later I saw 'Zappa plays Zappa' with Dweezil at the Enmore - also very funny).
1983 - David Bowie : Adelaide Oval. He was sensational (and Earl Slick/Carlos Alomar weren't too bad either!).
1987? - Pink Floyd : Never got the chance to see them in '73 and I really enjoy Dave Gilmour's guitar technique. A great spectacle.
1990's - Jeff Buckley and Nick Cave : both put on exceptional shows.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1972 - Led Zeppelin : I was learning the guitar at the time and my brother and his mates took me along to the show ground. My first real concert - great stuff!
197? - Queen : wasn't a fan but my friends convinced me to go (and they shouted me the ticket). Seriously good - Freddie was a superb entertainer.
197? - Frank Zappa : great fun. (decades later I saw 'Zappa plays Zappa' with Dweezil at the Enmore - also very funny).
1983 - David Bowie : Adelaide Oval. He was sensational (and Earl Slick/Carlos Alomar weren't too bad either!).
1987? - Pink Floyd : Never got the chance to see them in '73 and I really enjoy Dave Gilmour's guitar technique. A great spectacle.
1990's - Jeff Buckley and Nick Cave : both put on exceptional shows.
Would have killed to see Zeppelin

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
INXS at family inn Rydalmere
I actually caught Cold Chisel at the Family Inn when they first came up from Adelaide (late 70's). We had heard they were are hard hitting blues band so we thought we'd go and have a look.
There were only about 15-20 of us in the audience so Jimmy Barnes passed around flagons before, during and after each song.
Great fun and a wild night!

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a really long time ago but I'll always remember my brother coming up to me and saying (out of nowhere) "c'mon mate, we're going to see Zeppelin"! Five minutes later we were away!
Very special!
I have a pommie friend who saw Zeppelin in 1979 at the Knebworth festival. Lucky bastard. Closest I came was Page Plant at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre in 1996. That was a fantastic show. Probably in my top 5.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moving Pictures at the Sundowner Hotel 1983
Dragon at the Sefton Hotel 1982
Rose Tattoo at the Bayview Hotel 1984
Canned Heat The Family Inn 1983
Cold Chisel Bombay Rock 1983
Midnight oil The Playpen 1983
The Emanuel Brothers anywhere 1982-6
Swanee
Radiators
Enormous Horns
Flaming Hands
The Allnighters
The Diviynals
Spy vs Spy
Uncanny xmen
The Angels everywhere

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I seen and missed the best gigs ever I seen at the same place a year apart.

First year Narrara ‘83 on the one night Cold Chisel.. hot, Angels (whom they themselves say was their best gig ever, and it was) and Rose Tattoo when Angry was fucking angry before he turned into the made for TV pussy the mum's loved on the Ray Martin show.

You can’t get better than that.

Andthe following year Narrara ‘84, missed Talking Heads doing THE Stop Making Sense set because I decided to drop a trip and drink 2lts if cheap Moselle on the banks of the public toilet mud pit that passed as a pond - greatest regret of my life. I didn’t know the band at the time and so passed to drop a trip… which was a dud.

And it was THAT FUCKING SET! One of the greatest of all time.

I still can’t forgive myself.

Drugs are bad m’kay.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Swanee
Radiators
Enormous Horns
Flaming Hands
The Allnighters
The Diviynals
Spy vs Spy
Uncanny xmen
The Angels everywhere
Fck Baz - stories not a resume :-). I grew up with Paul Freelands son (MP drummer). We thought he was cool but only saw him once or twice. Also touched my first pussy to the Radiators (Blue Night disco rofl). Nice list.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I seen and missed the best gigs ever I seen at the same place a year apart.

First year Narrara ‘83 on the one night Cold Chisel.. hot, Angels (whom they themselves say was their best gig ever, and it was) and Rose Tattoo when Angry was fucking angry before he turned into the made for TV pussy the mum's loved on the Ray Martin show.

You can’t get better than that.

Andthe following year Narrara ‘84, missed Talking Heads doing THE Stop Making Sense set because I decided to drop a trip and drink 2lts if cheap Moselle on the banks of the public toilet mud pit that passed as a pond - greatest regret of my life. I didn’t know the band at the time and so passed to drop a trip… which was a dud.

And it was THAT FUCKING SET! One of the greatest of all time.

I still can’t forgive myself.

Drugs are bad m’kay.
Fucking love Talking Heads.. My best or weirdest memory of them was a hoot. My wife got a job when we were first married, in a factory. She wanted me to meet some friends she made on the job and we were invited to dinner.

Long story short I spent all day playing golf with a group of mates and got pretty pissed. My wife was angry because I was late getting home and unable to drive. She drove and when we got there they met us at the door and it looked like Jesus and his hippy girlfriend and he introduced himself by handing me a beer and a joint..

After a quick tour of the almost furniture free house
They led us to the back sunroom that was 4 bean bags and the biggest wall to wall stero/tv/video unit I had ever seen.

They laid out a big selection of nibbly stuff, drinks and a huge bowl of pot and a bong…

On the stereo and Tv was Talking Heads stop making sense and a video of the movie Toxic Avenger.

Anyway some 4 hours or so later my wife and I woke up to see them still watching the same shit but having a ball. We thanked them for a great night and drove home….

Fuckin hilarious.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Swanee
Radiators
Enormous Horns
Flaming Hands
The Allnighters
The Diviynals
Spy vs Spy
Uncanny xmen
The Angels everywhere
You and me seen a lot of the same gigs in the same places. how good was the Eamanual bros. Did you know Tommy, I think it was, played drums in Goldrush? Think the other one, who’s name I can’t remember, played a few gigs with them too

I used to get pissed and fight a lot in those days, and lost most of them… badly

Hope you didn’t bash me too badly.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking love Talking Heads.. My best or weirdest memory of them was a hoot. My wife got a job when we were first married, in a factory. She wanted me to meet some friends she made on the job and we were invited to dinner.

Long story short I spent all day playing golf with a group of mates and got pretty pissed. My wife was angry because I was late getting home and unable to drive. She drove and when we got there they met us at the door and it looked like Jesus and his hippy girlfriend and he introduced himself by handing me a beer and a joint..

After a quick tour of the almost furniture free house
They led us to the back sunroom that was 4 bean bags and the biggest wall to wall stero/tv/video unit I had ever seen.

They laid out a big selection of nibbly stuff, drinks and a huge bowl of pot and a bong…

On the stereo and Tv was Talking Heads stop making sense and a video of the movie Toxic Avenger.

Anyway some 4 hours or so later my wife and I woke up to see them still wat Hong the same shot but having a ball. We thanked them for a great night and drove home….

Fuckin hilarious.
They did that Stop Making Sense set at Narrara ‘84, as is in the film.

And I fucking missed it.

Can you think of a bigger loser.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You and me seen a lot of the same gigs in the same places. how good was the Eamanual bros. Did you know Tommy, I think it was, played drums in Goldrush? Think the other one, who’s name I can’t remember, played a few gigs with them too

I used to get pissed and fight a lot in those days, and lost most of them… badly

Hope you didn’t bash me too badly.
Tommy and Phil,Tommy found God and Phil… was fun.