Ben Roberts - 2011 Discussion Thread

Should Ben Roberts Play Next Week against the Dragons?

• Yes - Starting Side

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - Bench

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

Okay... I'll make it easy.

This is right before Roberts threw the pass.
Tell me, can you see an intercept being made here?
lol did he pass at that time? if he did it was the worst looping pass in history?
no he ran about 5 metres then passed it when hayne was on top of Barba, it was a bad pass
why defend it ? it wasnt on, its that simple

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks D10 for the chance to explain.

As you can clearly see there are 3 Parra players, including Hayne their quickest, between Benny
the decoy (Jamal, who is standing flat footed) and Barba. The harbour bridge pass was always a chance of being picked off,
especially as Benny was, as usual, running sideways

Hayne reads the crap play from the crap player, takes the intercept and runs the length...end of lesson.

P

Paint.

The worst bit is that you're criticising his whole game for trying to set up a try

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop regurgitating Phil Goulds drible and form your own god damn opinion!
Enough.
My opinions are my own. The fact that they are different to yours
emphasises to me that I still know what I am talking about.

Plus, for goodness sake, if you want to be taken seriously, learn how to spell....DRIBBLER!!!!

C

chipandchase

i can not beleive people are trying to defend this pass, we or i am attacking his whole game, but this try was terrible work from Roberts and almost cost us the game.
there is nothing to defend imo, it was very very bad play, but the rest of his game was pretty good on friday night.
but unfortunately he always has this dumb play loses or potentially loses us the game

P

Paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1NedYXn5GE

Fast forward to 1:25.

Was that pass from Slater stupid? Hayne was right in line with the pass, they were in great field position - why would he try to score a try? Going by your logic, that pass from Slater was a shocker, and Slater's a sht player as well

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh dear, try using your other hand for a change D10.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Enough.
My opinions are my own. The fact that they are different to yours
emphasises to me that I still know what I am talking about.

Plus, for goodness sake, if you want to be taken seriously, learn how to spell....DRIBBLER!!!!
LOL Ummm no. Phil Gould said exactly what you said , in commentary; you most probably subconsciously absorbed his opinion.

LOL I miss spelt 1 word accidentally, so I can't be taken seriously because of that ? Your kidding ?

Are you 5 ? you are acting like a kid.

russler

Waterboy
Reaction score
Kk at this stage is no match for Roberts let's hope Kk improves for next year, I can,t believe Moore persisted with him for so long.perhaps something was going on behind the scenes that we don' t know about.Roberts and Trent is obviously a better option.Roberts has more experience than both Trent and Kris and as we all could tell after Fridays match he took some of the pressure of Trent plus this gave Trent a lot more time and options."

"this is simple stuff"

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
proved without any doubt that he's our best 6.how many times did we get quality ball wide on both sides? and his kicking game was the best we've produced all year.in fact his first half was almost the best performance by an individual for us this year.then you come on here and d!ckheads are still bagging the guy out and can't give credit where it's obviously due.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Ahh I knew reading this thread would make me angry.

Wanna talk about stats and how many games we've won this year with Roberts in the team? How many of those games has he played with both Ennis and Hodkinson in their respectful positions?

Also, yes that pass could have potentially cost us the game. His 40/20 (the first we've seen this year) could've also potentially won us the game if the team hadn't stuffed the opportunity. It's so easy to talk potentials and so easy to ignore the other side.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
His 40/20 (the first we've seen this year) could've also potentially won us the game if the team hadn't stuffed the opportunity.
I pretty much jizzed everywhere when that kick found the line

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I pretty much jizzed everywhere when that kick found the line
Surprisingly, she didn't know if he landed the 40/20 or not haha.

I think I may have just pummelled her when it went out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love how hi-tech the Roberts debate has now gotten. Now we have telestrators and breakdowns of youtube clips. What's next? Snickometer? Hot Spot?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love how hi-tech the Roberts debate has now gotten. Now we have telestrators and breakdowns of youtube clips. What's next? Snickometer? Hot Spot?
All that's left is a multi quote and we're done.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All that's left is a multi quote and we're done.
Haha. It's a 66 page thread for crying out loud! It's Ben f**king Roberts! Is he really worth this much attention? Imagine if on the Parramatta forum there was a 66 page thread on Jeff Robson. We'd laugh our asses off at them.

THE BIRD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He should have got a run in first grade for his final game with the dogs
I'm disappointed Dymock didn't have him in the 17

Hodgo got a run, why didn't Roberts?

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
He should have got a run in first grade for his final game with the dogs
I'm disappointed Dymock didn't have him in the 17

Hodgo got a run, why didn't Roberts?
NSW Cup is the priority now and he's playing for them the day before first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.