Ben Roberts - 2011 Discussion Thread

Should Ben Roberts Play Next Week against the Dragons?

• Yes - Starting Side

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - Bench

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As bad as they both are, they are the best in that selected position. Roberts has been horrible in nsw cup all season pretty much. We have no other centres capable of playing better than idris atm.
LOL Roberts is better than Keating. Until someone tells me what Keating does better than Roberts other than support play, you can't justify Keating being better.

Secondly, people use the argument against Roberts playing because he won't be here next year but Keating will, so why not use it with Idris too and play someone else?

P

Paint.

As bad as they both are, they are the best in that selected position. Roberts has been horrible in nsw cup all season pretty much. We have no other centres capable of playing better than idris atm.
Horrible in NSW Cup all season he may be, but I really dont care, I'd rather use his NRL form as example. Bar Hodko in the last few weeks, Roberts has been by far our best half this year, in only a handful of games. His short kicking game is really missed...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had some great little grubbers but he was below average everywhere else. I'm not saying Keating was better, just that my kid is better... And I haven't even got the wife pregnant yet.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
LOL Roberts is better than Keating. Until someone tells me what Keating does better than Roberts other than support play, you can't justify Keating being better.

Secondly, people use the argument against Roberts playing because he won't be here next year but Keating will, so why not use it with Idris too and play someone else?
Lol Roberts hasnt been able to control a NSW Cup game even though he is a fringe first grade pack leading the way. If Roberts wanted to play first grade he should at least aim up there. THATs why Dymock has not picked him the last few weeks.

I never mentioned anything about getting the team ready for next year crap. Im not a firm believer of 'oh theres a few more weeks, lets get the team ready for next year' Thats utter BS. By the time the off season is up, they would have lost anything they would have got from a couple of games.

ROBERTS is the better all round 5/8, but he doesnt want to show it nor does he really care. Thats the jist i get from Dymock.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Horrible in NSW Cup all season he may be, but I really dont care, I'd rather use his NRL form as example. Bar Hodko in the last few weeks, Roberts has been by far our best half this year, in only a handful of games. His short kicking game is really missed...
Really??? Ok lol

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol Roberts hasnt been able to control a NSW Cup game even though he is a fringe first grade pack leading the way. If Roberts wanted to play first grade he should at least aim up there. THATs why Dymock has not picked him the last few weeks.

I never mentioned anything about getting the team ready for next year crap. Im not a firm believer of 'oh theres a few more weeks, lets get the team ready for next year' Thats utter BS. By the time the off season is up, they would have lost anything they would have got from a couple of games.

ROBERTS is the better all round 5/8, but he doesnt want to show it nor does he really care. Thats the jist i get from Dymock.
He's not a controller of a game though, that's well established. The argument is that he is a better 6 than Keating and I believe that is still the case.

People like to mention NSW Cup, but Roberts has not been worse than Keating in first grade, which is really what we should be judging on.

And if the reason you cite is the reason Dymock hasn't picked Roberts, then what does he keep picking Keating based on?

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
He's not a controller of a game though, that's well established. The argument is that he is a better 6 than Keating and I believe that is still the case.

People like to mention NSW Cup, but Roberts has not been worse than Keating in first grade, which is really what we should be judging on.

And if the reason you cite is the reason Dymock hasn't picked Roberts, then what does he keep picking Keating based on?
I honestly think Roberts hasn't been selected because they need to figure out what to do in the 5/8 role for next year (hence the Romelo/Keating experiment) and because NSW Cup is the priority now as they have a shot at the title.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The other question is, if Keating is junk, why replace him with someone who is just as bad?

How could that possibly help?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They're both rubbish right now. Roberts was great at one stage but those days are gone. I'd rather Romelo. He's a hooker, but still better than those two.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is keating better, then?
Why are we discussing someone that never reached great heights consistently since he has been with the Dogs and will not be with us next year??

Let's move on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.