My fantasy
Hunt —-> Cantebrey
Brooks——> Cowboys
Townsend —-> Canberra
Foran——> tigers

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As good as Hunt is and I do hope we get him and it does seem likely reading between the lines with the rumor of Averillo heading to the Dolphins next year and the ongoing saga of Thommo's "injury", doubt he's playing another game for us, especially with what we're paying for him, hope I'm wrong but feel he's being pushed out to with the money he's on.

Bottom line Hunt would be great, but we need FRONT ROW FORWARDS before anything else.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As good as Hunt is and I do hope we get him and it does seem likely reading between the lines with the rumor of Averillo heading to the Dolphins next year and the ongoing saga of Thommo's "injury", doubt he's playing another game for us, especially with what we're paying for him, hope I'm wrong but feel he's being pushed out to with the money he's on.

Bottom line Hunt would be great, but we need FRONT ROW FORWARDS before anything else.
I have to disagree here,
We need a half so much more than props.
I’m not saying props are not important, they are. We need them too. But we can never be top 4 again without a proper halfback.
Our forwards generally roll down field. We don’t have the ability to finish off plays clinically.
Almost any premiership winning team the last 20 years has rep level spines. Every time a team has shifted their results heavily, is always because a great halfback has either left or came to a club.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gut feel is we miss out again. 100%. Only thing giving me hope is we know Gus met with him before he re-signed with Dragons. And supposedly again during the week. The timing to me suggests something happened in that meeting to prompt him to request the release. If he’s honest about going to a team to win a comp in the next 2 years, out of us and titans. It’s gotta be us. Broncos could be an option, but surely we have the money and the attractiveness to come here.

If we get Hunt, we’re top 4 bound next year. That’s the thing that’s making me excited. But know I’ll get let down and it’ll be Tyrone fucking May at halfback.
What have we shown you recently to make you think we are a chance of winning a comp in the coming years?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's grand mothers in Mt Druit younger than Ben Hunt, this bloke shouldn't be in our future.
The club should stick with Khaled and Oloapu as the halves, Burton has had enough time to prove he's not a 6/7 and Hunt is way too old and going by Flano's statement Hunt is stuck at saint's until he's 35, agree with another kenneler's quote 'Your not going to release your best player' would any team!!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not expecting Hunt to sign but you take a good half when they become available and if that is before the front rowers then you get them after.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to disagree here,
We need a half so much more than props.
I’m not saying props are not important, they are. We need them too. But we can never be top 4 again without a proper halfback.
Our forwards generally roll down field. We don’t have the ability to finish off plays clinically.
Almost any premiership winning team the last 20 years has rep level spines. Every time a team has shifted their results heavily, is always because a great halfback has either left or came to a club.
Sorry have to disagree here, Forwards have and always will win you games. Unless you have a strong mobile forward pack then you’re going to struggle in attack and attack.

Now I’m not saying your 1,6,7 & 9 aren’t important, they are very important, all positions are but the “spine” term only came around through the dominance of the Queensland dominance with Slater, Lockyer/Thurston, Cronk and Smith.

Shane Perry, Matt Orford, and Michael Hagan have won competitions as halves on the back of dominant forward packs.

Everything starts with the engine room. Tunks/Kelly in ‘88. O’melley and Mason in 2004.

Just have a look at the Warriors this year! Big mobile forwards coming in waves that allow the likes of Johnson to shine and even make Montoya look like a rep winger.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How Flanagan Sr was allowed to even be coaching again was baffling. He just knows the right people.

Anyone else gets done for his cheating and we would never see them again. Clearly he is connected. The whole legal system/NRL is broken.

Thanks fuck he didnt sign with us and we maintained some integrity and ignored him at every turn. Phew. Take your son and give us a proven rep player thanks.
You don’t believe in second chances ?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Sorry have to disagree here, Forwards have and always will win you games. Unless you have a strong mobile forward pack then you’re going to struggle in attack and attack.

Now I’m not saying your 1,6,7 & 9 aren’t important, they are very important, all positions are but the “spine” term only came around through the dominance of the Queensland dominance with Slater, Lockyer/Thurston, Cronk and Smith.

Shane Perry, Matt Orford, and Michael Hagan have won competitions as halves on the back of dominant forward packs.

Everything starts with the engine room. Tunks/Kelly in ‘88. O’melley and Mason in 2004.

Just have a look at the Warriors this year! Big mobile forwards coming in waves that allow the likes of Johnson to shine and even make Montoya look like a rep winger.
Peter Kelly’s last year at Dogs was 1987. He was a Panther in 1988.

Bulldogs grand final winning front row in 1988 was Paul Dunn and Peter Tunks.

Despite that, I agree with the gist of your post. Doesn’t really matter who your halves and other backs are if your forward pack is s**t

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don’t believe in second chances ?
I do. But when you commit a mistake such as Flanagan did, at his age, I can’t do that. He pretty much strong armed young players into taking peptides. He knew what the fuck he was doing.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do. But when you commit a mistake such as Flanagan did, at his age, I can’t do that. He pretty much strong armed young players into taking peptides. He knew what the fuck he was doing.
Dr dank did that. You can’t say he “pretty much” did that, sounds like an assumption. Dank put a friend of a friend of mine into a coma with all the shit he prescribed him.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr dank did that. You can’t say he “pretty much” did that, sounds like an assumption. Dank put a friend of a friend of mine into a coma with all the shit he prescribed him.
what do you mean man? If your coach is the guy who picks and recruits players, and he’s on board with the peptides he did that. The players sounded like they had very little choice.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you mean man? If your coach is the guy who picks and recruits players, and he’s on board with the peptides he did that. The players sounded like they had very little choice.
Dank manipulated him

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny Weidler going hard at this story. He may be a c$%t but he doesn't get many things terribly wrong. He's all in again in saying Hunt wants out now.
More I think about it maybe Gus told DW to say titans front runners so spotlight is off us

Smokescreen?