News Ben Hunt reportedly asks for release

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timing does seem off to me. Why would Hunt tell his manager to request a release while he’s in camp preparing for the biggest game of his life? But for Weidler to break it, where there’s smoke there’s fire. I wonder if he’s been tipped off by Gus. Who knows.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Why do this while he is focusing on an Origin game ? Surely the timing doesn’t seem right but stranger things have happened….

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Danny Weidler going hard at this story. He may be a c$%t but he doesn't get many things terribly wrong. He's all in again in saying Hunt wants out now.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How will any team afford him this year? Dragons will want compensation, say around 500K which comes out of the salary cap. Sure we can give them Flanagan as part of the deal but I doubt we have a spare 500k in the cap this year plus pay Hunt's salary which is about 400k more than Flanagan.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How will any team afford him this year? Dragons will want compensation, say around 500K which comes out of the salary cap. Sure we can give them Flanagan as part of the deal but I doubt we have a spare 500k in the cap this year plus pay Hunt's salary which is about 400k more than Flanagan.
We also released davey this year

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucked again missed hunt off back to qld we miss out on another halfback titans the greedy ***** got him but people saying he met with bulldogs powerbrokers last week

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fucked again missed hunt off back to qld we miss out on another halfback titans the greedy ***** got him but people saying he met with bulldogs powerbrokers last week
does your carer know you are using a phone? I’m not sure you have phone privileges

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans have Foran, Brimson, Campbell, Boyd and Sexton. They don't need anymore halves.

Foran due back next week for them.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like if he wants an immediate release, we would have more cap room this year than the titans. They have a lot of players on big money and we’ve released a few guys

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll wait until the club announce something before I believe any of this or get excited. Once upon a time the media would be very embarrassed if they published something that wasn't truth. Now we're in a time where rumour is more than enough to sell papers etc.

The first step in being let down is to get your hopes up, and I think that anyone who's putting Hunt in next year's line up at this point is a big chance of thinking the club has fucked up. Legally we can't just sign Hunt if the Dragons stick to their guns on keeping him. Secondly, Hunt has to actually want to join the club if he's released.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Titans are such an irrelavent club in my mind didn’t the bloke want a shot at a premiership or playing more top level footy?