News Ben Hunt reportedly asks for release

UpDaDoggies1935

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Dragons captain Ben Hunt has reportedly asked for a release from the club less than a week before Game 2 of Origin.

The Queensland hooker has been linked with the Canterbury Bulldogs and Gold Coast Titans recently, with the latter being seen as the ideal destination for his future.

"The Shane Flanagan appointment has not settled him," NRL journalist Danny Weidler said via Twitter.

"(He) has confided in his inner circle he wants out."
"(It is) unsure if he's made contact with officials at (the) club but influential Dragons are aware."

The news comes less than a day after incoming coach Shane Flanagan assured Dragons fans that he would not be letting Hunt depart.
“Well, from a club's perspective Ben Huntwill be there,” Flanagan said on 2GB.
“He's got a contract, I spoke to Ben before I actually signed because I didn't want to obviously become the Dragons coach and then our halfback wanting out of the club, and he was fine with all that if I was to get the job.
“He's in Origin camp at the moment obviously, and I'm not going to worry him while he's in there, I'll get to him next week and I'm sure that's okay.
“But from the club's perspective, he's our captain, he's our halfback and we need him, I won't be letting him go anywhere.”
Hunt is set to feature for Queensland on Wednesday night as they look to clinch the State of Origin series at Suncorp Stadium.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hiw much truth is in this wtf would know but it's surprising if so, I thought he would stick.Must not like cheating **** coaches...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One and only thing in our favour is Gould. If he can sweet talk him then we are a chance.

Also if weidler is reporting it I’m sure he gets some intel from Gus or Atleast publishes stuff to agitate a move.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It shows how delusional and how much of a cock Shane Flanagan is.

- Rang Hunt before he was even given the job ;
- Met with him after this and told the media they have a great relationship;
- Hunt requests a release less than a week later but he says he won’t be going anywhere.

Read the room dickhead. He obviously doesn’t like you but he just doesn’t take no for an answer.

That’s why he doped his players and then ignored his ban. No wonder his son is delusional as well

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad news guys.

smh reporting hunt wants to go to Queensland and we’re linked to Tyrone may.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno already mentioned today that they will refuse the release. He’s stuck there till 2025 as per Flanno “he’s got a contract”. That bloke is going to suffer for a few more years unfortunately

Last edited:

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere he was homesick he’ll go to the Gold Coast