FullyHektic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our start to the season has been railroaded. This is a faarrkin disaster

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let him off, simple, he's not a pub brawler or uncontrollable drunk.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously? We have lost the best player in the game indefinitely and the world's best forward for nearly half a season.

Thats about 20% of our salary cap out of action. The club is in trouble for this year.

We all hope Ben will be back later in the season but I must say TG was not putting his happy face on for that suggestion in the press conference.

We don't need to be in the 8, we need to be in the 4. We meet all of the other top 8 teams early in this season. I'm not usually a doom and gloom person but this is serious. Barba was our top try scorer and main attacker for 2 years.
Allan, we always play best from adversity.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More a mixture of sadness (at the situation) and pride (at how Todd went in to bat for us all) ....
Precisely this.

It's awful news for the club and for Barba, but it's not the end of the club's chances this year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow.....total mindf**k!

A serious issue, no doubt. But to all those mentioning the possibility of domestic violence....that's a pretty horrible accusation to aim at someone even in the form of speculation.

Benny always has seemed like a decent bloke. I think most likely, last year's success has gone to his head and he has developed some serious problems that need addressing because of it....but I don't think speculating about domestic violence based on rumour and conjecture is constructive.

I understand some people are maybe trying to prepare themselves for a worst case scenario, but we don't really know...so for the time being we should just support the club's stance and support Ben and hope he can resolve whatever issues he has and can, as the statements vsays emerge as a better person.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow.....total mindf**k!

A serious issue, no doubt. But to all those mentioning the possibility of domestic violence....that's a pretty horrible accusation to aim at someone even in the form of speculation.

Benny always has seemed like a decent bloke. I think most likely, last year's success has gone to his head and he has developed some serious problems that need addressing because of it....but I don't think speculating about domestic violence based on rumour and conjecture is constructive.

I understand some people are maybe trying to prepare themselves for a worst case scenario, but we don't really know...so for the time being we should just support the club's stance and support Ben and hope he can resolve whatever issues he has and can, as the statements vsays emerge as a better person.
What he said :grinning:

That's enough for me, i'd better actually get some work today, (or perhaps I can send the club my invoice @ my charge out rate $500ph)...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
PS If I had to guess I would definitely guess it is not a matter of domestic violence. I think if it was and charges weren't pressed, either the club would not know....or if the club did know they would have been more overt about confirming exactly would the problem is. Greenberg would know playing coy over something like that would only bite us in the ar*e when the truth did emerge.

The only thing that will clear things up is time I guess. Listen to League Freak....he be wise.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing thats a bit confusing to me is that he looked so happy and at ease in the allstars game hence scoring 3 tries and looking the goods.
He must have been acting or these issues have just come down on him in a tonne of bricks.
I love benny to bits but just a little dossapointed in that wht has happend between the allstars game and now???

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What he said :grinning:

That's enough for me, i'd better actually get some work today, (or perhaps I can send the club my invoice @ my charge out rate $500ph)...
Enduring a crisis relating to the footy club you support should result in a mandatory afternoon off ;)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Maybe they went off early. I found nothing on it anywnere, even the Channel 10 website!
yeah but that doesnt mean woods gets banned for the channel 10 mistake unless he happens to be bill woods

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
All this means is that i get better odds for my $100 for when the BULLDOGS win in '13...#BRINGBACKBARBA.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
humblebrag
Hardly.. it's not like I see anything near that amount - my boss does :grinning:

More just pointing out that he will be unhappy to see a large gap in my timesheet without billing a client.

BTW, I had to "urban dictionary" humblebrag... might use that one.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Or if the police have enough evidence to lay charges themselves but if the victim doesnt lay charges its very hard for police to win the case.
Well, yes, police will often be reluctant to charge knowing the victim will not assist.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to relax.

The season will be fine. Barbs will sort his issues out and come back fired up for the bulk of the season.

I remember last time we had a situation where at the beginning of the season the press were flogging themselves raw over the Roosters and we were in turmoil.... That was about 9 years ago.
Except that at that time it didn't involve our best player being stood down indefinitely...Not only that we also uncovered SBW in Rnd1 of that year

Status
Not open for further replies.