Ben Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have today confirmed that Ben Barba will be suspended indefinitely from all contractual duties until further notice.

The Club has also advised the National Rugby League today that Ben will not participate in the NRL’s season launch on Wednesday night where he was due to officially open the 2013 season.

The decision to suspend Ben indefinitely comes after the Club was informed of a number of behavioural issues.

“Whilst we all know the undoubted on-field attributes and abilities that Ben displays, we must always maintain our focus on the more important issues of personal development and accountability,” Chief Executive Officer Todd Greenberg said.

“It is our hope that the media and the many rugby league fans understand and respect the need for privacy in order for Ben and his family to make the relevant adjustments that are required for him to return to the playing field.”

Please find below a statement from Ben Barba in relation to his indefinite suspension from all duties with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs:

“Today is a very difficult day for me as I feel I’ve let my family, children, Club and supporters down.

“My issues relate to seeking help for personal issues that I face day to day.

“I’m incredibly sad to be stepping aside as I’ve been so blessed with what’s happened to me over the past few years, but I feel as though I would be wearing a mask if I didn’t confront the matters I’ve been dealing with until now.

“I feel it is best to deal with these problems front on and I believe that by doing so this will make me a better person and player in the future.

“This will be a step by step process for me and whilst I hope to return to football soon, I hope that through this next period you can respect my privacy so that sooner rather than later I can return to playing rugby league as best I can.

“When I do, I hope that everybody sees a better person.”

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/Ben-Barba-Stood-Down-Indefinitely/68872

frogdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
WOW not a good start to our season, all the best Benny

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf is going on :(

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Surely this is bull****.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
The tele mentioned ydsy he had been out and about and playing pokies

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
**** it, thats just ****ed.

What the **** has the **** done?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Another bloody gambler eh. God dammit.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
WHatever he did must have been really big to break the club's COC and be suspended indefinitely.

I'd like to know what he did as well but I think its best to have this kept behind close doors while the club deals with it internally.

EDIT: He was out playing pokies?

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another victim of rapid fame and stupid over paid rugby league player..it's funny how some players world starts to tumble as soon as there status reaches high profile..there personal life take a turn for the worse..stupid stupid stupid...

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
To do with his break-up I'd say. Hopefully he hasn't mistreated his (ex)Missus or anything major, and just need some time.

Wishful thinking maybe. Always seems to end up the worst case scenario with footballers.

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank God he is at a club like the Bulldogs. I reckon TG has pulled him aside and said "Trust me son...this is how we will get your life back on track"
and when he is back on track.....oh boy!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
youngsters with the world at their feet, to much money, and no common sense
another black eye for the sport and the bulldogs, hope benny can come out of this a better man

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Another victim of rapid fame and stupid over paid rugby league player..it's funny how some players world starts to tumble as soon as there status reaches high profile..there personal life take a turn for the worse..stupid stupid stupid...
yeah I always wondered how he would handle this - I thought he was going well because whenever you see him interviewed he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, keeping his ego intact etc.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"indefinite" - could be a fortnight... could be a year... I guess we'll have to wait and see... and cop all sorts of sh!t from rival fans.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He will be back for the Storm game

Status
Not open for further replies.