Ben Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe they went off early. I found nothing on it anywnere, even the Channel 10 website!
I still dont know their source but I do work thier and it was said in the update.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I think its disgusting the way supposed fans are throwing around rumours on this issue.
AGREE 1000%, I can't believe even our own so-called fans are even adding fuel to the fire of assumptions, WTF?..Poor form from this forum IMO.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah but that doesnt mean woods gets banned for the channel 10 mistake unless he happens to be bill woods
hahahaha well im safe then cuase i can confirm im not bill woods.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Everyone just be cool , let the haters hate (don't bite) then when Benny's running rings around their team again , we can have that ever so beautiful smug smile from ear to ear and just laugh at them., thats what ima do anyways. I'm staying positive about the outcome.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Barba was battling some inner demons in the All Stars game, just imagine what a force he'll be when he's back in a sound frame of mind, happy and playing football.

I've actually come around a bit on this, and think it may not be the doom and gloom everyone is assuming.

Yes Barba is a superstar, but what's the first thing you do when a mate is injured or needs help? You do everything in your power to help your mate out.

There are 17 players that will take the field in Round 1. 17 good friends of Ben Barba who are looking out for their mate. 17 good friends who are going to want to play the best damn football they can, so come later when Benny is better, they can hold their heads high that they did the best they could for their mate, and for the team.

This will be the fire inside every fan, every staff member, and every player out there.. the want to succeed without our star player.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
WHatever he did must have been really big to break the club's COC and be suspended indefinitely.

I'd like to know what he did as well but I think its best to have this kept behind close doors while the club deals with it internally.

EDIT: He was out playing pokies?
From reading between the lines, it is his mental state that would be in question. Apparantly he has broken up with his long time partner, and that does very strange things you mentally. From all reports, he has not done anything unlawful, it is just that he needs his head in the right space to play good footy and at the moment, it is not there at the moment.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The abc news said he would miss a fair portion of the season.

Not sure what that will be, can't imagine they would drag it out any longer than needs be.
I am not liking this one bit guys.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
More a mixture of sadness (at the situation) and pride (at how Todd went in to bat for us all) ....

I find it slightly ironic, he's clearly got a drinking, depression problem. Possibly gambiling.

This news today had me leave work early, sitting on the couch cracking a beer and having a bet to relax....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be honest, I have the same sick feeling in the guts today as I did in 2008 when SBW ran away like a coward.

No matter how you look at it, this isn't a set back, this is a disaster. We have indefinitely suspended the Dally M of last year and the idol of every child under 16 running around kicking a footy. His player profile has even been taken off the website.

Yep. Exact same feeling I have. The fact he's off our wesite worries me alot. Especially seeing it's so quick.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Exact same feeling I have. The fact he's off our wesite worries me alot. Especially seeing it's so quick.
I really cant understand that, its not like he has left the club or done a blade runner

Doggies Fan

Waterboy
Reaction score

Same here, figured just ride it out and after a month or two we might see him back but to remove his profile from the site? That's a pretty big move I would have thought?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You guys are worrying too much. Greenberg said the club had the option to sack him but that it wouldn't help Barba doing so.

Just think about that and remain positive!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe they know what is coming?
Being on the front foot and maintaining a good image, maybe Ben is stuffed and they are taking the high moral ground,
This is starting to smell bad, it's got nothing to do with the chicken snitzil

Status
Not open for further replies.