Ben Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm2012

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hope everything goes well for Ben. I want to see him get over whatever his problem is and come out to his blistering best on the paddock.I hope the club and supporters get behind him 100%.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
sooooo he split with his missus...he goes out, drinks alot, punts a fair bit, f ucks random slarts...sounds like a typical bloke in his 20s...

1-2 weeks they'll be begging him back on the field

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone else feeling seriously depressed?

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Channel Ten has said In their update.
"Ben Barba has been stood down indefinitely from the Bulldogs for assaulting his ex-girlfriend. "

I dont what their source is im trying to find out.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg fronting the media for a presser at 1:30pm I'm told.

If you are posting claiming sources in regards to this issue, please cite them. We don't need rumor, innuendo and speculation made in regards to this matter. Lets just stick to the facts as they are released.

Thanks
Thank you for pouring some calming water on this debate. We don't know what the story is, and don't need to speculate - the media will be doing enough of that for us.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This has taken all the excitement for the start of the season away for me. I have a bad feeling about this.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Fortunately the premiership is not won in March.

We just need to be in the top eight or so by the time Graham and Benny are back on board.
Seriously? We have lost the best player in the game indefinitely and the world's best forward for nearly half a season.

Thats about 20% of our salary cap out of action. The club is in trouble for this year.

We all hope Ben will be back later in the season but I must say TG was not putting his happy face on for that suggestion in the press conference.

We don't need to be in the 8, we need to be in the 4. We meet all of the other top 8 teams early in this season. I'm not usually a doom and gloom person but this is serious. Barba was our top try scorer and main attacker for 2 years.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope Ben has a speedy recovery and wish him all the best.

For the season, any which way you look at it - its a big headache. We could handle the forward reshuffle with Graham, Kasiano and Pritchard injured but the worst hand has been dealt to us with Barba out. Fingers crossed it is not for too long otherwise we are in for a long season.

This could prolong our dreaded finals curse for us. Barring 1999, every year we have made the Grand Final we failed to make the 8 the year after. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself this year.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The timing of this sucks dig fat d1ck...

Its like he partied in the off season and when that looked like coming to an end because of that start of the season proper he decided to ask for help...

Is there a reason he couldnt have been helped earlier? Its obviously something that has been an issue for a while. Were the dogs really that negligent in not realising something was wrong sooner?

I hope he is able to sort his mess out......... but FFS....

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"Ben Barba has been stood down indefinitely from the Bulldogs for assaulting his ex-girlfriend. "

TG said in his media conference that the breaches were not a police matter and a breach of the code of conduct. Assault is a police matter.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score

Did you read the post saying not to post up BS without a source???????
Ban!

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did you read the post saying not to post up BS without a source???????
Ban!
NO I didnt. Just passing on what Ten was saying get over mate. If its on TV what difference does it make if Im posting it on here.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
More a mixture of sadness (at the situation) and pride (at how Todd went in to bat for us all) ....
To be honest, I have the same sick feeling in the guts today as I did in 2008 when SBW ran away like a coward.

No matter how you look at it, this isn't a set back, this is a disaster. We have indefinitely suspended the Dally M of last year and the idol of every child under 16 running around kicking a footy. His player profile has even been taken off the website.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feeling seriously depressed?
Yep, im going home right now to collar myself because the fullback of our team will miss a few weeks of footy.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TG said in his media conference that the breaches were not a police matter and a breach of the code of conduct. Assault is a police matter.
I know. Problem is but when they asked Tod if Ben had assualted a family member or another player he didnt rule out that it had happened or not. Police are only involved if the person assualted lays charges.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
For them to remove his profile and background picture means they are dis-associating themselves from him.

Code of Conduct > Any Player

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact: Third Bulldog player to have a public association with Mundine.
Fact: Third Bulldog player to have a public issue.

Are the two related, hope not.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously? We have lost the best player in the game indefinitely and the world's best forward for nearly half a season.

Thats about 20% of our salary cap out of action. The club is in trouble for this year.

We all hope Ben will be back later in the season but I must say TG was not putting his happy face on for that suggestion in the press conference.

We don't need to be in the 8, we need to be in the 4. We meet all of the other top 8 teams early in this season. I'm not usually a doom and gloom person but this is serious. Barba was our top try scorer and main attacker for 2 years.
Yes. Seriously.

We played last season minus a number of regular FG players through injury, albeit luckily we picked up two excellent mid-season replacements.

Players get injured, suspended, lose form,are missing due to SOO etc every season. Few clubs are not affected. It's how you are performing in August and September that counts.

I'm concerned of course, but if we aren't at the top of the ladder mid-season, but we have blooded a number of young talents into FG, it won't be the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.