BBQ Carnivore - Thread

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't buy the stuff from Bunnings or Servos. That stuff is crap wood that will ruin the pizza. Charcoal is generally cheaper and better for pure heat purposes. To get the wood smoked flavour, you can get some good wood chunks from most BBQ shops then mix that in with the Charcoal chunks.

If you're in Sydney, Alexandria Meat Emporium has a great selection. Otherwise most BBQ stores will have something.
Thanks, I'm more concerned about getting the "rolling flame" needed to cook the top, going the branded route seems ideal.

I want to use the firebrand hardwood briquettes since I have them for my bbq and don't want to get hardwood lumps just for it, mixing briquettes and hardwood yields results from what I read.

Someone in the family that can look for you? They come up very often by the truckload usually
I could do that - thanks

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Beef available straight away. Pork/lamb they order in overnight. Can order and pick up next day.

Just like a factory though - and a prick of a place to find. I was after some pork so no point ordering - will go for it next week.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
They sell Aussie Thongs? A bit rubbery but I guess it’s Australia Day!

Seriously, though, did you go? Were they any good?
Well gentlemen. On Tuesday, made an order for 5kg pork butt and 3 kg of USA pork ribs from this place.
Got a message late Tuesday night order was being processed. Got message on Thursday morning ready for pickup.

Walked in, just one dude working there. Paid by card, got my box and went home. Definitely wholesale type from the bags the meat was in - the butt was 6kg, not frozen, nice fat cap and blade in. Basically perfect. For $60. As an example - same - 4.5 - 5kg from Chop butchery - $95.

Ribs - weren't St. Louis style but filthy big back ribs. And consistent sized from one end to the other. Not perfect trimmed but similar to what u get from a butcher. $18.30 a kilo. Comparison? Vics do 1.5kg for $60. So basically half price on Vics.

If you are in Sydney and smoke meat - recommend. You can basically pay for delivery and would be so far in front of anywhere else its stupid. Wholesale prices for the masses boys. And best thing, you order 5kg they go over. Cannot stand it if you order 5 kg and end up with 4kg.

And simple as. Send em an email with what you want from their weekly price list with your details. Pay when they send u an invoice if getting delivered or pay by card on pick up at Taren Point. Only drawback is you cannot pick which ones you want but at that price - who cares.

Never buying meat anywhere else again.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well gentlemen. On Tuesday, made an order for 5kg pork butt and 3 kg of USA pork ribs from this place.
Got a message late Tuesday night order was being processed. Got message on Thursday morning ready for pickup.

Walked in, just one dude working there. Paid by card, got my box and went home. Definitely wholesale type from the bags the meat was in - the butt was 6kg, not frozen, nice fat cap and blade in. Basically perfect. For $60. As an example - same - 4.5 - 5kg from Chop butchery - $95.

Ribs - weren't St. Louis style but filthy big back ribs. And consistent sized from one end to the other. Not perfect trimmed but similar to what u get from a butcher. $18.30 a kilo. Comparison? Vics do 1.5kg for $60. So basically half price on Vics.

If you are in Sydney and smoke meat - recommend. You can basically pay for delivery and would be so far in front of anywhere else its stupid. Wholesale prices for the masses boys. And best thing, you order 5kg they go over. Cannot stand it if you order 5 kg and end up with 4kg.

And simple as. Send em an email with what you want from their weekly price list with your details. Pay when they send u an invoice if getting delivered or pay by card on pick up at Taren Point. Only drawback is you cannot pick which ones you want but at that price - who cares.

Got Meat..now I await the sequel… Cooked Meat! :hearteyes:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I await the sequel… Cooked Meat!
Sunday. Might start with the pork ribs.

Funny though - got the butt with the view of cutting in half for two bouts of smoking. Great idea until I hit the shoulder blade. Out came the hack saw.

Guess thats the other drawback. Any work - u gotta do it yourself.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sunday. Might start with the pork ribs.

Funny though - got the butt with the view of cutting in half for two bouts of smoking. Great idea until I hit the shoulder blade. Out came the hack saw.

Guess thats the other drawback. Any work - u gotta do it yourself.
Pics please..it should be a crackle..sorry a cracker..YUM!

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hoping they can deliver to NT.

The meat and prices up.here are Putrid.