BBQ Carnivore - Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck bro haven't had quail in ages
For me quail is like crab. Sure it tastes great, but it's too much work to get too little meat. Give me a fat arse chicken or turkey packed with meat from centuries of selective fatty breeding.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
won't be for long - picking up a meat emporium order on Friday. Beef and pork ribs at $19/kg, pork butt at $13/kg.

and some goat shoulder.

Love goat. Its the best....

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me quail is like crab. Sure it tastes great, but it's too much work to get too little meat. Give me a fat arse chicken or turkey packed with meat from centuries of selective fatty breeding.
Crab is my favourite food in the world. I enjoy sitting there picking at crab, could do it for hours.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After some pointers if possible.

I’ve picked up a ooni Karu 12 pizza oven which is multi fuel and I want to use a charcoal/wood combo.

does any know any shops that sell wood chunks /hardwood kindling cheaper than the over priced stuff online?

don’t care about flavour, only need it for the heat factor.

thanks

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I’ve picked up a ooni Karu 12 pizza oven which is multi fuel and I want to use a charcoal/wood combo.

does any know any shops that sell wood chunks /hardwood kindling cheaper than the over priced stuff online?

thanks
Check Facebook marketplace. Heaps of people give it away

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

thanks
Don't buy the stuff from Bunnings or Servos. That stuff is crap wood that will ruin the pizza. Charcoal is generally cheaper and better for pure heat purposes. To get the wood smoked flavour, you can get some good wood chunks from most BBQ shops then mix that in with the Charcoal chunks.

If you're in Sydney, Alexandria Meat Emporium has a great selection. Otherwise most BBQ stores will have something.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks, great idea but I don't have facebook, I will check gumtree.
Someone in the family that can look for you? They come up very often by the truckload usually

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased Waygu from owsawa enterprise ?
Dude imports from Japan also has Australian, looks pretty tempting.
Australian-Wagyu-Yakiniku-set-3kg-WM-1024x1024.jpg