BBQ Carnivore - Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it's the best i have ever eaten, it's similar to Speck, but not as Smokey, I try and do it often enough so i dont have to buy bacon from the hop, bacon from the shops is no way near as good as this
Great job ,looks awsome

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me fellas, stop with the posts it’s making Hungry
I know where to come for some tips with the bbq etc
I am no expert, i just love to eat!

My Misses got me the smoker for my birthday a few years back, every time i make something she says after we eat, best present ever and she's 100% right

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

My Misses got me the smoker for my birthday a few years back, every time i make something she says after we eat, best present ever and she's 100% right
I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and the shit they go on with all looks great, but I can get by with a bit of smoke and hot coals without the wankery.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and the shit they go on with all looks great, but I can get by with a bit of smoke and hot coals without the wankery.
I follow a few groups on Facebook, the Low and Slow facebook group is great, Australian BBQ alliance is amazing, but there are a lot of people that do Comps so the standard is way higher than i can do, it's still good to look at though

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Amazing mate, you should try butchers paper. I don't know why but honestly I think it makes a huge difference. I've used both Alfoil and I find butchers paper is better, making the meat more tender.

Bunnings now has a BBQ section and you get get a role for $9.

Amazing cook.
I can second this. Butcher's paper has the effect that it still absorbs and releases heat, but not too much. And it still takes in smoke.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, it's the best i have ever eaten, it's similar to Speck, but not as Smokey, I try and do it often enough so i dont have to buy bacon from the hop, bacon from the shops is no way near as good as this
There's a Butcher that cures and smokes their own bacon out in the Northern beaches. It's so good that they never have any in stock. They can't make it fast enough.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Amazing mate, you should try butchers paper. I don't know why but honestly I think it makes a huge difference. I've used both Alfoil and I find butchers paper is better, making the meat more tender.

Bunnings now has a BBQ section and you get get a role for $9.

Amazing cook.
So true mate.
I do have a roll from bunnings.
I agree, and do prefer butchers paper.
Foil is a means to end when butchers paper isn't available.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a little late to this thread, so ill try and catch up.

I have an Upright Smoker, i use it a lot, smoked meats are IMO the best thing you can eat

View attachment 23593

Bacon From Pork Belly, cured for 7 days

View attachment 23594

Smoked Chicken

View attachment 23595

I made my own Char Siu Pork (BBQ Pork)

This one had too much 5 spice so it's darker than it should be

View attachment 23596

Cattlemans Cutlet Reverse Seared
I wanna do the pork char sui
Please give me the run down.
What cut of pork
What recipes
What method
I'm really keen to give it a go.
Yours looks mouth watering.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me fellas, stop with the posts it’s making Hungry
I know where to come for some tips with the bbq etc
I honestly didn't realise how many of us are into this.
I'm impressed

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It's a hobby
You never stop trying new things and learning new things.
It's an addiction haha

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I follow a few groups on Facebook, the Low and Slow facebook group is great, Australian BBQ alliance is amazing, but there are a lot of people that do Comps so the standard is way higher than i can do, it's still good to look at though
Not only that, on Facebook pages, there is a lot of fuckwits.
The amount of smart arses ripping in to people who are simply asking questions and trying to learn
How hard is it to help people

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not only that, on Facebook pages, there is a lot of fuckwits.
The amount of smart arses ripping in to people who are simply asking questions and trying to learn
How hard is it to help people
Like anything there's an art to things ,but some of these hipster douches that carry on like its some form of degree gets a bit much.we do what we have been doing for thousands of years chucking chunks of meat on coals it should come natural most of the time.
Any meat smoking dripping on coals makes my Doodle go tingly ,