Baz's Record

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess we will see. In tthe meantime im not going to lose my mind over a few losses to top sides though, i will save my sack baz thoughts for if we are doing it vs weaker sides later in the year.
Thats fair enough, but I dont rate Souths at all this year and think if they make the 8 they will go straight out. I really thought we were a chance against them and early we looked ok, but as soon as a few things went against us we folded like a cheap suit.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thats fair enough, but I dont rate Souths at all this year and think if they make the 8 they will go straight out. I really thought we were a chance against them and early we looked ok, but as soon as a few things went against us we folded like a cheap suit.
They are still better than us and beat better teams than us. And if we remove the binning of jmk that cost 3 tries (2 were right up the middle where he defends, by the opposing 9) and its a lot closer

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are still better than us and beat better teams than us. And if we remove the binning of jmk that cost 3 tries (2 were right up the middle where he defends, by the opposing 9) and its a lot closer
I dont disagree about the sin bin call, it was wrong. But they put 36 on us which is not acceptable.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont disagree about the sin bin call, it was wrong. But they put 36 on us which is not acceptable.
Hooker is the most important/busiest defender in the side, they scored 18 points while he was binned, exploiting where he would have been defending. Not reading too much into that. I think a random player being binned for previous team infringements they may not have been part of, is a ridiculous rule. The punishment is way too much for the crime

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Because they're proven players, proven rep players, proven GF winning players, it can't be the players.....
JAC is a winged and he’s only as good as his inside men and Burton was a centre being made to play half’s

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
JAC is a winged and he’s only as good as his inside men and Burton was a centre being made to play half’s
Hes not being made to. He came here to be a half. He would have stayed at Penrith if he wanted to be a centre.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of the talk has been about how unfair the draw has been or how the refs favour the better teams against us..

But take out all of the games against Melbourne, Penrith, Souths, Manly, Parra and the Roosters and our record is still atrocious at only 4-12 vs every other team.

We're 0-14 against those top 6 teams which is embarrassing.. All of this further highlights how uncompetitive we've been under Baz. People need to stop making excuses when Baz's record speaks for itself.

2021:

Round 1: at Newcastle - Lost 32-16
Round 3: at Brisbane - Lost 24-0
Round 6: at Nth Qld - Lost 30-18
Round 7: at Cronulla - Won 18-12
Round 9: at Saints - Lost 32-12
Round 10: vs Canberra - Lost 20-18
Round 11: at Titans - Lost 30-20
Round 14: vs Saints - Won 28-6
Round 19: vs Cronulla - Lost 44-24
Round 20: vs Titans - Lost 34-6
Round 21: vs Tigers - Lost 28-16
Round 22: at Warriors - Lost 24-10
Round 23: vs Newcastle - Lost 22-16
Round 25: at Tigers - Won 38-0

2022:

Round 1: at Nth Qld - Won 6-4
Round 2: vs Brisbane - Lost 16-10
Not many close losses either

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooker is the most important/busiest defender in the side, they scored 18 points while he was binned, exploiting where he would have been defending. Not reading too much into that. I think a random player being binned for previous team infringements they may not have been part of, is a ridiculous rule. The punishment is way too much for the crime
to be honest I think the refs should use the bin more often ( against all clubs ).You think it’s harsh but south’s momentum was crushed twice previous to that set of six in attacking zone by consecutive 6 agains in the red zone with the second set them knocking ball on a play later and that knock on I believe was the real catalyst for the sin bin

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Embarrassing. He needs to go effective immediately.

Just 4 wins from 30 games now under his coaching. I can’t remember worse returns for a coach than this. How is he not under more widespread scrutiny? Blows my mind. Talk about a protected specie..
So true!!!!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Embarrassing. He needs to go effective immediately.

Just 4 wins from 30 games now under his coaching. I can’t remember worse returns for a coach than this. How is he not under more widespread scrutiny? Blows my mind. Talk about a protected specie..
He is being protected in the mainstream media as well!!! That tells you the MSM loves the state our club is in, they do not want to analyse what is going wrong because they are loving our demise.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
A lot of the talk has been about how unfair the draw has been or how the refs favour the better teams against us..

But take out all of the games against Melbourne, Penrith, Souths, Manly, Parra and the Roosters and our record is still atrocious at only 4-12 vs every other team.

We're 0-14 against those top 6 teams which is embarrassing.. All of this further highlights how uncompetitive we've been under Baz. People need to stop making excuses when Baz's record speaks for itself.

2021:

Round 1: at Newcastle - Lost 32-16
Round 3: at Brisbane - Lost 24-0
Round 6: at Nth Qld - Lost 30-18
Round 7: at Cronulla - Won 18-12
Round 9: at Saints - Lost 32-12
Round 10: vs Canberra - Lost 20-18
Round 11: at Titans - Lost 30-20
Round 14: vs Saints - Won 28-6
Round 19: vs Cronulla - Lost 44-24
Round 20: vs Titans - Lost 34-6
Round 21: vs Tigers - Lost 28-16
Round 22: at Warriors - Lost 24-10
Round 23: vs Newcastle - Lost 22-16
Round 25: at Tigers - Won 38-0

2022:

Round 1: at Nth Qld - Won 6-4
Round 2: vs Brisbane - Lost 16-10
Playing the top 6 sides 14 times in 1 and a qtr seasons is a shit go.

Wonder how many times other teams have played the top 6 sides in the same time frame

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
30 games and 4 wins,
So far this season with a full strength team we are 1 from 6 and it could very quickly turn into 1 from 10 looking at the next 4 rounds unless we have some lucky plays and the rub of the green. It can get worse if we get injuries that will certainly drive us towards a consecutive wooden spoon which would be absolutely devastating for everyone. Some tough decisions are going to made as soon as possible.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
So outside of Barrett's clearly shit Win / Loss record, what else can we credit him for:

- JAC, Burton, Dufty, Jackson - all established players that have gone backwards under Barrett's reign

JAC - was once topping the try scorers list, now averaging one try in 6 games.

Burton - attacking weapon at Penrith, hasn't developed a single aspect of his games under Barrett and looks lost at 5/8.

Dufty - rocks and diamonds, probably uncoachable but Barrett signed him thinking he could improve our attack, has done SFA incorporating him into our attacking structures.

Jackson - poor **** has sat by this clusterfuck of a club for these last 6 years, only to now be asked to be a key cog in our attack, which is making him look like a reserve grade player.

- Rookies that Barrett has developed - Averillo, Meaney, Reimis Smith, Schouup, Wakeham - all have gone backwards and those that have left look great in other systems.

- Flanagan leaves Barrett's tutelage, Gould gets another coach to train him for a few weeks, comes back and looks better than ever

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly fans warned us and we gifted Des back to them. We are a comedy club.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look at the roster time and time again and my view never changes. I don’t see a top 8 side although I definitely think that Baz is not the answer.
I think that have the potential, they just need a better plan.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Playing the top 6 sides 14 times in 1 and a qtr seasons is a shit go.

Wonder how many times other teams have played the top 6 sides in the same time frame
Since the beggining of last year the Sharks will have played top 6 teams 8 times after tonight's game.
Bulldogs 14 times playing top 6.