Baz's Record

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the following games I say will determine Barrett's fate..

Bronco's Away
Roosters Home
Raiders Away
Knights Home (Suncorp)
Tigers Away

Now, if we don't win at least two of these games Barrett needs to go and Gould, if he is fair dinkum about the club moving forward, must sack Barrett. So I am giving til round 11 for change to happen.
Just 2? I think 3 is a minimum

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was calling for his head last year. Yes we had average players but I saw things diff to a lot of people. We had nothing in attack, our game plays were boring and dull… it’s exactly the same this year and we recruited some of the best attacking players in the game.

Not only does Baz need to go so does all the coaching staff he recruited with him. We are one of the most unfit packs in the comp, we are the worst defence team in the comp, our conditioning is embarrassing and our strength is almost non existent. I’ve never seen backs in any other team get so dominated then I do with us. Hell even stains looks stronger then some of our backs and he is tiny!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality is we haven’t looked competitive since Kevin Moore and Des Hasler. We def have the talent to be playing better. I can only blame baz and the assistants.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stats speak for themselves, 4 form 30, new coach please

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So the following games I say will determine Barrett's fate..

Bronco's Away
Roosters Home
Raiders Away
Knights Home (Suncorp)
Tigers Away

Now, if we don't win at least two of these games Barrett needs to go and Gould, if he is fair dinkum about the club moving forward, must sack Barrett. So I am giving til round 11 for change to happen.
Which 2 games are you thinking?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have made zero progress….zilch. A much improved roster but same results and a lack thereof of points - That is the true measurement of Trent Barrett’s coaching.

He’s not improved anyones individual capabilities with the exception of Matt King who looks like he’s improved since coming over.

He’s not given the team any reasonable game plan that stands out.

He’s not given us any identity outside of that first game vs Cowboys where we dug deep defensively to hold on. We have showed no resilience since.

How long Gus will stick with him is the $1M dollar question.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this earlier,
Speaking as a coach of 20 years of experience, I have always said on this forum that Baz should have time to get the team to jell, and calling for his head after a couple of near losses is just symptomatic of the keyboard coaches and no-nothing, immature, and death-riding supporters on this site.
However, enough is enough!
I believe we have (on paper at least) a top 8 team that is being woefully managed!
The squad is stilted and unimaginative in attack and though determined, they are undisciplined in defense making far too many silly and stupid mistakes that have the ref reaching for his whistle and that has cost us dearly!
So as far as I'm now concerned, Baz needs to be replaced ASAP..!
You know things aren't going to well when @Grunthos starts calling for a coach to be replaced

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year was terrible but given the roster which included the names Britt, Ogden Atoni Napa S Katoa Deitz it was expected - this year has been disappointing - the skill level, lack of execution and players making the same errors game after game suggests the coaching / training are not at the level required.

The next 6 weeks need to win three at least. Being competitive is no longer the measure of success of the coaching team.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I was just about to write that "now that the top 4 teams are out of the way" BUT looking at the draw it doesn't get much easier moving forward. After the last 3 games we are 112 to 28 in points scored against and for. We play Broncs, Rorters, Canberra, Knights & then Tigers in the next 5 weeks, we may be lucky to win 1 game in that based on how we've been. I can't see how Tbaz lasts if in 5 weeks time we've won 1 game maybe none?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
To take a team with some great signings and bring them down to a level consistent and comparable to last years team is pretty fukin disgraceful. Anyone notice JAC's body language after he scored yesterday? Went from getting up every player in game 1 when they didn't run in and celebrate to not even celebrating it himself!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To take a team with some great signings and bring them down to a level consistent and comparable to last years team is pretty fukin disgraceful. Anyone notice JAC's body language after he scored yesterday? Went from getting up every player in game 1 when they didn't run in and celebrate to not even celebrating it himself!
This is genuinely spot on.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, the culture with in the team stinks and Fox showed it last night.

He's beyond frustrated and will lose interest in the team and playing with a passion that he normally does. If the shot callers at the club can't see where we are headed they should be sacked too.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is what has concerned me the most about Barrett and people constantly telling me I am over reacting and that "I should give him time" "its not his roster", "we dont have a hooker, we dont have a halfback", "the new players need time to gell" etc etc.. He is a proven dud.

More concerning to me is our own supporters now starting to question the quality of players like Burton and JAC.. These players have fallen off a cliff form wise, but Burton is our first real chance at a quality long term and young half for decades...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This is what has concerned me the most about Barrett and people constantly telling me I am over reacting and that "I should give him time" "its not his roster", "we dont have a hooker, we dont have a halfback", "the new players need time to gell" etc etc.. He is a proven dud.

More concerning to me is our own supporters now starting to question the quality of players like Burton and JAC.. These players have fallen off a cliff form wise, but Burton is our first real chance at a quality long term and young half for decades...
Because they're proven players, proven rep players, proven GF winning players, it can't be the players.....

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 2009 we started the year with
I don't get this the team need time to gel especially at the elite level.
Why can players come together for origin and preform like a team and win games without this excuse.
Come round 20 are we still going to say the team need time to gel and then when the new players arrive next season use the same excuse.

Baz is probably a fantastic assistant coach but the step up to head coach is beyond his ability.
In 2009 we had around 10 new signings and we won 7 out of the first 8 games - they didn't need time to Gel.

However, the argument is hat we signed the former Australian long term Half back, A hooker shooting toward rep status & other representative players in Staggs, Hannant & Eastwood.

The reason Origin Players Gel so quickly is because they are the best players in the comp coming together in one team.

I didn't expect us to replicate what the 2009 team done as we don't have the spine players we did then.

But I did think we would have at absolute very least 2 wins from our first 6 and not have a for & against of -89, currently the worst in the league.

Defence is an attitude & attitude is instilled by those who teach.

Baz comes across a a very good human being - But there ain't no prize for that in the NRL.

The Hang Man Jury is close to delivering their verdict and the vote is currently sitting at 11 to convict V's 1 still holding out, the Foreperson.

I think he's got 4 weeks V's Broncos, Roosters, Raiders & Knights & the results must be a minimum of 2 from 4.

That's just my opinion anyway.

Last edited: