News Barrett blasts Bulldogs' failure to stick to plan

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not happy about 2 weeks in a row getting the doughnut either mate it’s terrible.. let’s just hope this is short term pain for long term gain.
Hate to say it but I reckon we are in for a hat trick of fought it’s. We are gonna cop a hammering from South’s!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always wanted Griffin. He has the skill set to rebuild our club. We are fucked now for another 3 years unless we can move Trent into a demountable office
Yeah righto mate. I was speaking at length with a former broncos player, that played under Griffin. He didnt have a single decent thing to say about the guy. Absolutely hated him!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh....sounds like Anthony Seibold and HIS conviction in his all mighty gameplan. Maybe his gameplan isn't suited to our squad. Teams play different styles. What works for one doesn't work for another.
Did Baz ever do an apprenticeship under Belamy?...or who was his apprenticeship under?
There's no doubt the players need to freshen up, relax and play more off the cuff in attack. Why isn't Allen following the forwards up looking for a offload? Why can't Avo organise the backs, the angles, the timing of their runs. Forwards can run up together. More players in motion creates confusion for defences.
Are we terribly unfit? Can we slow the ball down a bit more in defence?wrestle better?...many refs weren't calling many 6 agains this last weekend...so the better teams laid on in D for longer. Does ANY of our team have footy smarts? ...to be able to see opportunities and adapt on the field? Or is it all up to the coach? Do we look switched on or confused?
There's no use saying players didn't execute. Maybe they don't understand or maybe it's a confidence or ability thing? All I know is that we are spending the salary cap and many players are off contract season end. I thought teams are suppose to go better when it's a major contract year?
Wow that’s a lot of questions there mate.. I’ll just say that I agree the biggest disappointment for me is I thought some blokes off contract would be trying a bit harder. But reality is nobody we let go last year is a starter anywhere else besides Foran and possibly Tolman if there is injuries. Will most likely be the same at the end of this year and maybe some of those blokes have read the papers as we keep hearing about clean outs.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
QUOTE="bulldogsfan_88, post: 3966657, member: 6348"]
Hate to say it but I reckon we are in for a hat trick of fought it’s. We are gonna cop a hammering from South’s!!
[/QUOTE]
Kennel will be a terrible place to be for a few days if that’s the case :tearsofjoy:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole "top 30" fucking bullshit, heavily disadvantages a club in our position. Mounties were fantastic on the weekend, and our forwards really stuck it to canberras NRLol quality pack. Yet due to this rediculous rule we can not give any of them a run in fg this year, even when our fg forwards are failing miserably.
Sam can be said for our mounties backs like Watson Helata, who would at least provide some go forward on kick returns.
If your NRL fg squad is humming along and stacked with quality player, then there is very little need to look outside of your top 30. But if your diabolically poor lime us, then you need every option possible!! Im sure that some of these reserve grade forwards like Topine, Vincent Rennie, Pua, or Seufale would relish a fg call up. But we dont have that option. We can only pick the same average players over and over again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The whole "top 30" fucking bullshit, heavily disadvantages a club in our position. Mounties were fantastic on the weekend, and our forwards really stuck it to canberras NRLol quality pack. Yet due to this rediculous rule we can not give any of them a run in fg this year, even when our fg forwards are failing miserably.
Sam can be said for our mounties backs like Watson Helata, who would at least provide some go forward on kick returns.
If your NRL fg squad is humming along and stacked with quality player, then there is very little need to look outside of your top 30. But if your diabolically poor lime us, then you need every option possible!! Im sure that some of these reserve grade forwards like Topine, Vincent Rennie, Pua, or Seufale would relish a fg call up. But we dont have that option. We can only pick the same average players over and over again.
We struggle with the transition of players from reserves to firstgrade, Renouf, Ogden, etc killed it regularly in reserves yet other blokes who made far less of an impact at that level look more at home in the NRL than they do. Going to be the same story for this next lot until we address this issue.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I struggle to see who we signed that’s not a fringe grade player or lower grade player at best besides cotric. Besides jac coming next year we still hope Burton could play a consistent type of football he is capable of week in and week out in first grade. So it makes total sense that we are getting lapped. Jackson is 30 and past his best, Thomson is sitting in the sheds because of stupidity, heatho was playing grade with a team that had monster forwards so he didn’t have to take on the whole forward pack himself, Ogden and the rest are average at best and can’t string 30min of decent footy without blowing a gasket, our backs ain’t even better. And our hookers wouldn’t make any other team in the comp.

Flano was dumped by the roosters because he isn’t even in the top 10 halves in the Comp, avo is playing on hype and thrown into the deep end with a shit roster around him, cotric is solid but playing in a total new position, hoppa is slower then ever and then we have some in fills from lower grades who havnt even been special in that grade.

Unless we sign some quality up front and a hooker then forget 2022 also. No amount of coaching is going to get this lego team put together by rubbish players competing with the lower teams in the Comp let alone a top 8 side.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t see much of “plan” that the team were following Trent, when they weren’t dropping the ball. If getting to a shit ineffectual kick, at the end of a set and turning it back inside for Elliot is a “plan” then time to look for Plan B Trent old boy!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But reality is nobody we let go last year is a starter anywhere else besides Foran and possibly Tolman if there is injuries. Will most likely be the same at the end of this year and maybe some of those blokes have read the papers as we keep hearing about clean outs.
Reimis Smith

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Reimis Smith

Go Dogs
Yeah slipped my mind young Reimis I stand corrected. Although with current form I am not sure he will remain in the starting team once they are at a full compliment.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so its up to the Coaching staff to prepare the players and develop the game plan... Its up to the players to implement the game plan. and its up to the on field leadership to rip into players when they are not implementing the game plan...

Has anyone ever seen Jacko losing his cool at one of our players?... I can think of multiple times when Ennis and Graham lost it.

We have been consistently going downhill since Jacko became captain.

I am glad in a way that Barrett isn't just throwing out the game plan yet, comparing Des and Pay was like chalk and cheese Des had his ideas and he simply wouldn't change. Pay changed plans with the wind. We need to find somewhere in the middle, at this stage i'm willing to be patient. I don't need to see changes in team or plan, what I need to see is changes in attitude.

Malla

Reaction score
He's been so bad with Melbourne though. Even Bellamy can't do anything with him. He's rubbish.
Remember against Souths in round 1 he took a scoot it was a half decent run and he worked so hard to get the quick play the ball. Commentators were frothing over him... big loss for Bulldogs bla bla lol Okkkkkkk

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember against Souths in round 1 he took a scoot it was a half decent run and he worked so hard to get the quick play the ball. Commentators were frothing over him... big loss for Bulldogs bla bla lol Okkkkkkk
They clearly have no idea. Although I'm stunned Bellamy has him in the centres. He's a winger or nothing.

Malla

Reaction score
They clearly have no idea. Although I'm stunned Bellamy has him in the centres. He's a winger or nothing.
Yeah I would assume it would have to be because Lee is injured and he doesn't have any other option to play in the centres. Jennings on the wing has been shit house too.

Anyway couldn't care less. Smith had such a good start to his career, he chose to be lazy since. If the Storm system can't get the best out of him then his career is cooked.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I struggle to see who we signed that’s not a fringe grade player or lower grade player at best besides cotric. Besides jac coming next year we still hope Burton could play a consistent type of football he is capable of week in and week out in first grade. So it makes total sense that we are getting lapped. Jackson is 30 and past his best, Thomson is sitting in the sheds because of stupidity, heatho was playing grade with a team that had monster forwards so he didn’t have to take on the whole forward pack himself, Ogden and the rest are average at best and can’t string 30min of decent footy without blowing a gasket, our backs ain’t even better. And our hookers wouldn’t make any other team in the comp.

Flano was dumped by the roosters because he isn’t even in the top 10 halves in the Comp, avo is playing on hype and thrown into the deep end with a shit roster around him, cotric is solid but playing in a total new position, hoppa is slower then ever and then we have some in fills from lower grades who havnt even been special in that grade.

Unless we sign some quality up front and a hooker then forget 2022 also. No amount of coaching is going to get this lego team put together by rubbish players competing with the lower teams in the Comp let alone a top 8 side.
Phil Gould summed it up when someone on twitter asked him his thoughts on us. He said our failure to invest in junior development is coming back to bite us. We were one of the clubs who voted to can the under 20's so we could save money. Now we are producing very few juniors and the ones we do produce are pretty average.

That means we have to recruit alot of players and when that happens you generally have to pay overs.

I put a post up before Round 2 highlighting that the good teams either develop players or pinch them from other clubs before they have played NRL. The Storm and Panthers had 14 players who made their debut with the club in Round 2. Even the Roosters had 11.

We had 5.

I think the club has recognised this and will pour some more resources into developing players but its just mind boggling that previous management let it get to this.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I would assume it would have to be because Lee is injured and he doesn't have any other option to play in the centres. Jennings on the wing has been shit house too.

Anyway couldn't care less. Smith had such a good start to his career, he chose to be lazy since. If the Storm system can't get the best out of him then his career is cooked.
I wouldn't be surprised if that Iriemia kid gets a run soon. I don't know why Bellamy just doesn't put Hynes in the centres instead. He's no smaller than Reimis and at least he's a good player unlike Smith, Jennings etc.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil Gould summed it up when someone on twitter asked him his thoughts on us. He said our failure to invest in junior development is coming back to bite us. We were one of the clubs who voted to can the under 20's so we could save money. Now we are producing very few juniors and the ones we do produce are pretty average.

That means we have to recruit alot of players and when that happens you generally have to pay overs.

I put a post up before Round 2 highlighting that the good teams either develop players or pinch them from other clubs before they have played NRL. The Storm and Panthers had 14 players who made their debut with the club in Round 2. Even the Roosters had 11.

We had 5.

I think the club has recognised this and will pour some more resources into developing players but its just mind boggling that previous management let it get to this.
Yep and to sum that all up we are years away from being competitive again.
People are riding the 2022 train like we will be contenders. But from what I’ve seen the last 3 weeks we are 6-8 great players from making the 8. A half and winger ain’t going to solve any of our problems. We need the likes of waddle, Stimson, Ogden etc to be playing reggies and are good back ups, they ain’t starting first graders.
I know we have a lot of players off contract but even with that money I doubt we could buy 3-4 decent players and not just for one reason.

we will struggle to attract them unless we pay massive overs and there ain’t much on the market atm. I don’t see why we didn’t go for a hard runner like frezil (how ever you spell his name) or a big body like tomou! We sign shit players like Waddell and Stimson who at best are good backup players!

I hope I eat my words and some sort of miracle happens and they all just click and play out of there skins but I highly doubt it. A lot of pain is coming to the dogs brand and when we thought it can’t get worse then last year, we begin 2021 worse!!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett why don't you f**k off with your stupid excuses what game plan .The players you put in are rubbish and not NRL standard players axe them clown.
And replace them with who?
Easier said than Done...
We are still in the process of clearing the dead wood.
Soon enough we all will know if he is a good coach, give him time and I don't mean years !
Speculations and prejudging will do us no good !

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can they stick to any game plan if they don't stop the fucksticks trying to rupture society?
The start of game one saw them looking pretty slick, they gotta get back to that.