News Barrett blasts Bulldogs' failure to stick to plan

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen should be made 5/8 meaney is our safest and quickest player so fullback we need a big hitter in the middle and big and mobile prop , we need to promote another centre from the nsw cup hoppa to the wing deitz at hooker with quick play the balls this guy can scoot and play up the middle for 3 sets then play out wide to cotric and meany chiming in lewis will do a job in the tackling department as long as flanno calls the shots
No way @ allen to 5/8 no kicking game. Barely a running game. At least lewis has an okay kicking game. Where are you playing lewis if allen is at 5/8. Hoppa is either centre, or ciao, as much as anyone is hoping for another centre to come from nsw cup, no one is an upgrade. Deitz struggles defensively and cant play without an exemption. Sorry not making whole lot of sense here.

hoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Allen is and will be a very good 5/8 Lewis in forwards and get rid of napa

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where have the skillful forwards gone like Dymock or a Jason Smith these useless ***** are all plodders. I suspect its been coached out of them

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where have the skillful forwards gone like Dymock or a Jason Smith these useless ***** are all plodders. I suspect its been coached out of them
I’m not sure if its been coached out of this them or they never had the skills to begin with. Just look at Elliott butchering a simple draw and pass last week.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not sure if its been coached out of this them or they never had the skills to begin with. Just look at Elliott butchering a simple draw and pass last week.
I feel if we are after forwards with skill we have to look seriously at the UK. I watch at least one game per round over there and you just have to find the right player. Most of the pommy forwards have offloading skills albeit with the game over there being a little slower pace.

Daryl Clark is a gun but unfortunately under contract. Probably Josh Hodgson is the only superior English hooker. Next best James Roby is 35 so not an option.

Alex Walmsley can offload but I have noticed the new rules have exposed his lateral .movement in defence.

It is really easy to see now exactly who did a lot of defensive work in the middle for the Bulldogs since 2011. Clue he now plays for the Sharks. Others have not stepped up to replace that workload.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel if we are after forwards with skill we have to look seriously at the UK. I watch at least one game per round over there and you just have to find the right player. Most of the pommy forwards have offloading skills albeit with the game over there being a little slower pace.

Daryl Clark is a gun but unfortunately under contract. Probably Josh Hodgson is the only superior English hooker. Next best James Roby is 35 so not an option.

Alex Walmsley can offload but I have noticed the new rules have exposed his lateral .movement in defence.

It is really easy to see now exactly who did a lot of defensive work in the middle for the Bulldogs since 2011. Clue he now plays for the Sharks. Others have not stepped up to replace that workload.
Ball skills have always been a basic skill for Pom forwards so it might be worthwhile seeing what’s over there.

I really don’t think we are missing Tolman that much personally. It’s just the lopsided possession that is forcing us to make way too many tackles if we sort that it will take a lot of pressure off.