News Barrett blasts Bulldogs' failure to stick to plan

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard johnny Gibbs on ABC radio a week or 2 ago say he predicts sides are going to put 70 plus on other sides cause of the new 6 again
they were talking about some of the biggest winning margins over the years. 91-6 dragons v berries got mentioned.i thought he was geeing up andrew moore and luke lewis but I think he was serious......
‘I don’t know why they are always negative about the 6 again , the reason it’s introduced is because the players ans coach take the piss and blatantly break the rules to Slow the play the ball . Follow the rules and no 6 again

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not happy about 2 weeks in a row getting the doughnut either mate it’s terrible.. let’s just hope this is short term pain for long term gain.
It’s going to be baby steps I think. Even if we get lapped in these next two games I just hope we see some signs of improvement that we can build off and go from there. It’s been a terrible start but I think some perspective is needed that it’s round 3.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only way to keep them accountable is to f###ing drop players, next man up, we could be pleasantly surprised.

if TB sticks with the same team lists next week and we dish up the same shyte, whose fault is that, it’s the Head Coaches fault
At the very least Hoppa needs to be dropped... He is slower than a wet week..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Picking one player out for treatment probably isnt fair. Replacing 1 player isnt going to change anything.
Mate he hasn't been able to stop a single raid that has come down his flank..

Opposition teams don't need set plays they just need a good paced centre ..

We cannot continue to haemorrhage metres and tries down his edge.

The rest of the team were average, without question... But Hoppa is and will continue to be an enormous problem..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This isn’t under 10’s. You don’t move a weak player to the wing. He must simply go altogether.
We don't have any more backs until DWZ comes back from suspension. That's why I suggested that he moves to wing where he cannot be exploited for his lack of pace.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I reckon if he said he needed to change things after round 3 I’d be more worried. I’m glad he’s sticking to his guns and has belief.
I think he's starting to realise how bad our players actually are tho.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he's starting to realise how bad our players actually are tho.
Quite possibly but I think he kinda knew that’s why he was desperate to get Burton over and the quality of the players we are targeting indicate he realises a lot has to change.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Quite possibly but I think he kinda knew that’s why he was desperate to get Burton over and the quality of the players we are targeting indicate he realises a lot has to change.
He's taking a bit of a hit bc his signings aren't performing either.

That's causing fans to question his ability to actually pick quality bc we had enough project players already.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's taking a bit of a hit bc his signings aren't performing either.

That's causing fans to question his ability to actually pick quality bc we had enough project players already.
He's playing favourites with Waddell too. Doorey should at least be in the 17 and tbh starting over Waddell. That's a mistake Barrett made at the start of the season and now 3 rounds in it's obvious and if he doesn't change it well...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's playing favourites with Waddell too. Doorey should at least be in the 17 and tbh starting over Waddell. That's a mistake Barrett made at the start of the season and now 3 rounds in it's obvious and if he doesn't change it well...
He'll be forced to play both of them this week, or CSmith.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Until DWZ and Okunbor gets back he can play wing coz we don't have anymore decent backs.

or We bring Lewis in and Avo shifts back to centre.
Wingers are up against monsters these days. How many tries would Hopa concede to the likes of Sivo, or anyone with a bit of speed?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett confirms what every coach prior to him have also said: "when we do get down there to execute what we’ve practiced and we didn’t" he is just saying the same old thing we've heard for five years.

Players have had it too easy for too long. Time they were paid on performance.

Perhaps we need a psychologist instead of a coach.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The issue is see is that we seriously lack any squad depth.

Hooker position is a clear weakness, adding to that we've got a long-term injury there. Who do we fall back on?

Lack go forward in the props. But who can we possibly fall back on?

Backs lack in quality. But who do we fall back on?

Things need to change, but what scares the shit out of me is that there's really no one banging on the door to play first grade.

Lewis to play at 5/8? Deitz at hooker? Oku perhaps 12 games in? Thompson 5 games in?

We're in for a world of pain tbh as I don't see that much hope in new players. Bring in some youngsters perhaps? Something needs to be done for sure, but what? Or better yet, who?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Barrett is going to go out can he do so being ruthless