Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Follow on from the last thread where Barba was a no show, he's on tonight

MYMUSTANG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Description for sterlos show tonight!

Episode 23: Don't miss an exclusive game day experience with one of the NRL's best; Johnathan Thurston mic'd up during the Panthers v Cowboys. Plus Ben Barba joins the panel to preview Round 23 as the top-eight race intensifies.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's supposedly a guest on every show and yet I haven't seen the guys head in weeks... Hopefully Matty Johns is there, he's the only one with the balls to ask Ben straight out what's going on with the rumours.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Even if he is on we will be in the same position on info as today, nothing either way will be cleared up other than people on here tonight and tomoz analyzing the things he said "between the lines". Barba has allowed this to be handled all wrong and even if he stayed (which I don't believe he will) he has lost so many fans already!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if he is on we will be in the same position on info as today, nothing either way will be cleared up other than people on here tonight and tomoz analyzing the things he said "between the lines". Barba has allowed this to be handled all wrong and even if he stayed (which I don't believe he will) he has lost so many fans already!
He has had ample opportunity to deny the rumours and the fact he hasn't pretty much says it all.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There aren't any rumours. He hasn't asked for a release, and hasn't signed with anyone else.
He has already stated that he will strongly consider moving only IF his family moves away.

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was with a very close friend of Ben's last night and he has asked for a release and will be leaving next year

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There aren't any rumours. He hasn't asked for a release, and hasn't signed with anyone else.
He has already stated that he will strongly consider moving only IF his family moves away.
While i get what you are saying:

Rumour: a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts.

If the current barba circus is not a rumour than i don't know what is lol.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was with a very close friend of Ben's last night and he has asked for a release and will be leaving next year
Why would barba's friend ask for a release? who does he play for?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He is back with Ainslie for sure man. She isn't just going to bail on him.

Bring it on

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I seem barba at the titans game walking in to the sheds before kick off he saw the indigenous performers stopped and spoke to them one asked him so wen u going Brisbane he said ohh mate I'm not sure yet on wats happening still waiting to c where kids gonna be

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
One thing I don't get with all these Queensland players getting home sick and going to Brisbane is how does signing with Brisbane help your homesickness if you are from McKay or whatever other Queensland city these mutts come from ???

It's like moving to Sydney if you're family is in Broken Hill?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing I don't get with all these Queensland players getting home sick and going to Brisbane is how does signing with Brisbane help your homesickness if you are from McKay or whatever other Queensland city these mutts come from ???

It's all BS to get out of contracts.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Speaking of Queenslanders, sorry to go off on a tangent here

But is Ben Ikin and/or Gordon Tallis capable of holding an objective opinion about ANYTHING Queensland related?

Thank god Benny isn't on NRL 360, those two would just about grip the pen with Ben's d!ck and sign a Broncos contract for him.

Ben Ikin's "most at stake" has been the Nth Queensland Cowboys 18/22 Rds so far... and I dare say the other 4 were either Titans, Broncos, Bennett or Big 3 related.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly, they are full of shit. Look at the milford saga in canberra. His did had the stroke or heart attack 18 months ago yet he waits until a few weeks after Brisbane all but tell both wallace and prince you are not wanted next season. He was even quoted saying his father was getting better. While i totally understand wanting to be with ya father who is not well, the timing of it all is very suss. Look at ferguson wanting a release too right after his good mate dugan just got a huge pay increase. All smoke and mirror's for the coin ;-)

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is back with Ainslie for sure man. She isn't just going to bail on him.
Wha, whats that got to do with what i said?

My point was his kids havnt moved yet, hence he hasnt had to ask for a release.

Asking if Barba is leaving or not is like asking "who's winning?" after a few sessions of a cricket test match.

Last edited by a moderator:

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asking if Barba is leaving or not is like asking "who's winning?" after a few sessions of a cricket test match.
Does that test match involve australia at all? Haha you know exactly where i'm heading with this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.