Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I completely disagree CK, completely

You're painting him as a man (used very loosely) who is doing it for the kids?

A. There is no confirmation she is taking them to Brisbane (as far as I know)
B. Was he thinking of the kids, when he cheated on their mother?
C. She is likely moving back home to get away from him. May or may not be true BUT she is definitely not staying for him. Says a little more about him I'd say...

In any case, I appreciate your post because it's not on the bandwagon but its wrong none the less IMO and he’s not worthy of the time and effort you put into that post
Well said brother

H

HajdukSplit

This is very selffish from Barba and his Manager.

the dogs are in a tough battle to stay in the 8 (especially if we lose tomorrow).

Why in Gods name would you ask for a release with a few games to go in the regular season
when you know you will bring unnecessary media and spectator pressure to the club, fans and his team mates at this crucial time of the year?

His not going to Queensland tomorrow to play for one of those 3 clubs and win a premiership. (Maybe none of them will make the 8 anyways).

Why couldn't they wait until the season was over?

Disgrace

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am a father and I'm sure the majority of REAL fathers wouldn't join some lame arse EBC crew or cheat on the mother of your children.

I love you CK but you can't pick and choose when you want to be a dad.
mind=blown

In red 100% agree with that. I still think that this family talk up is just all for show, a strategy to get released under compassionate grounds.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Well said brother
I agree completely. A good dad doesn't carry-on with out of control gambling, drinking and cheating on their mother. I am sorry but that is the brutal truth.

I first spoke to Ben as a fresh faced kid 5 seasons ago. He had a high opinion of himself but never said so publicly and acted in a relatively humble manner.

Over the last 12 months and especially since winning the Dally M, he has changed... not for the better. The last time I saw Ben in the sheds after the Melbourne match, the whole team suited up to go back to the leagues Club. He walked out in his tracksuit, ignored numerous autograph requests and generally ignored most everyone trying to get his attention. Other players stopped, mingled etc. But not Ben.

He has a sense of entitlement that I don't think we need. The club is always bigger than the player. Let him sit out the next two years to remind him of that fact.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
In short (with the few minutes spare before kids come home) ...

- I can see the logic in most of your statements.
- I concede it's impossible for me (or any of us) to know everything.
- I base my observations on pieces of information gleamed from multiple sources.
- I'm not painting Ben as a saint.
- I will continue to defend Ainslee's role in it all.
- I am sympathetic to the whole situation given the gravity of how big and unique it is.
- I wanted him to stay and I'm disappointed it got to this.
- I'm (to put it politely) disappointed by the manner in which some fans have responded.

You've all given me plenty of food for thought (especially you Eedz ;) ) .... there is no way I can respond without the biggest multi-quoted post in this site's history.

Finally, just because I don't like what you say, doesn't mean I don't like you.
And please .... please, please, please .... DO NOT mistake any of what I say as anger AT you.

Continue.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
QUESTION OF THE DAY: Why haven't the media spoken to Ainslie and got her view on this? They've been happy to before when they insinuated Barba had been violent against her (which was untrue)??

ANSWER OF THE DAY: She is being told to stay away from the media most likely, so that the puppetmaster himself can twist the clubs arm to breaking point, and get him and Benny Barba a nice little pay upgrade

IF this was about the whole family, why wouldn't she talk to the media and say "yeah we are looking to move north". Fans and the public wouldn't hate her for being honest.

ANOTHER THING: People display lieing in various ways. Benny looks to display with with a nervous laugh when he lies. He wasn't comfortable in that interview and struggled between what he wanted to say, and what he had been told to say.

He's lost the dogs fans now so its pointless upgrading his contract, that would be rubbing salt into an open wound. Lower grades for the 2014 season then dump him.
Those same fans wouldn't be complaining and would put him back up on a pedestal if he scored the match winning try in every game including the grand final.

The fans that whinge about Barba are the same ones that throw the towel in when we have the odd loss.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUESTION OF THE DAY: Why haven't the media spoken to Ainslie and got her view on this? They've been happy to before when they insinuated Barba had been violent against her (which was untrue)??

ANSWER OF THE DAY: She is being told to stay away from the media most likely, so that the puppetmaster himself can twist the clubs arm to breaking point, and get him and Benny Barba a nice little pay upgrade

IF this was about the whole family, why wouldn't she talk to the media and say "yeah we are looking to move north". Fans and the public wouldn't hate her for being honest.

ANOTHER THING: People display lieing in various ways. Benny looks to display with with a nervous laugh when he lies. He wasn't comfortable in that interview and struggled between what he wanted to say, and what he had been told to say.

Those same fans wouldn't be complaining and would put him back up on a pedestal if he scored the match winning try in every game including the grand final.

The fans that whinge about Barba are the same ones that throw the towel in when we have the odd loss.
i wouldn't even want to see him playing for us in the grand final after what he's been saying, the fact that you would want someone who treats the club, team and fans the way he has is just sad, and you're obviously still in denial that he is going, last night was all the confirmation you need

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Those fans I'm refering too would be the 99% who have lost all respect for him for the way in which he has dealt with this issue. I think you doubt the damage he has done to his own image, name, brand, respectability etc. I also think you doubt fans feelings and simply dismiss them as fence post sitting bofons if they don't support him and show dismay at his antics, attitude and arrogance.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I am a father and I'm sure the majority of REAL fathers wouldn't join some lame arse EBC crew or cheat on the mother of your children.

I love you CK but you can't pick and choose when you want to be a dad.
AMEN AMEN AMEN.

Where was his desire to be with his kids when he was in a dark TAB gambling their future away or when he was out all night with the EBC?

The guy is a twat.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Ainslie has alerady broken up with Barba, what the **** is she still doing in Sydney????

Is Barba following Ainslie or Ainslie following him????

seems like she will go where ever Barba gets the new contract..... This is all a big farce since day 1

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Re the last line (don't know how to make the line I want to refer to bold.)

That's a bit of a generalisation mate. I have been disappointed by the odd loss, but I have never called for heads or been of the sky is falling mentality.

I don't like the way Barba has carried himself this year one bit. Not that I'm about to go and call him every name under the sun. I've got way too much going on in my life to be angry, but the way he has acted is going to anger some people and he just has to wear that IMO.

Agreed some posts go too far though....footy is great, but if it elevates your blood pressure and you aren't even watching a game, you could be in trouble hehe.

Not angry, but very disappointed. I will cheer any try the Bulldogs score at any time, but I certainly won't be jumping back onto any Barba ``bandwagons".

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She will not dignify this with a response...
There are lots of things behind closed doors ATM which I can't talk about....
Time to confess mate, you said on 1 of your posts (seems you deleted it) that if Barba goes, you will spill the beans on everything he has done, hes as good as gone, so lets hear it :grinning:

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Quote of the day tbh
Naaah. Sorry. Not me. I don't throw the towel in on the odd loss and I'm fuming about the way Barba has handled this. No respect at all.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know this little ****er stuffed canterbury on Thursday...his manager organise the interview guess what happened when dogs officials tried to call to find out why he's going on sterlo all the phones were turn off.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is now the second time a star player has left the Bulldogs due to a **** up by Gavin Orr. This guys makes his players sign undervalued contracts and then we pay the price when they find out they can get better elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.