Bad news for Bulldogs fans with Canterbury tipped to run last with a 0.10 per cent chance of winning the wooden spoon.......

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I have seen plenty of media on South’s failing, Parra got away with it and I started a thread about it but they haven’t been near last with players revolting for half a decade either.
No but they haven’t won either even with that roster. Parra had a few spoons in their time and have the tigers . The saints are also a basket case with a better roster. We struggle and it’s is with 3 different boards, 4 different coaches and a mass player turnover. We have improved the roster for next yr and we all know we are lacking upfront but it doesn’t mean it’s a fail yet.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No but they haven’t won either even with that roster. Parra had a few spoons in their time and have the tigers . The saints are also a basket case with a better roster. We struggle and it’s is with 3 different boards, 4 different coaches and a mass player turnover. We have improved the roster for next yr and we all know we are lacking upfront but it doesn’t mean it’s a fail yet.
As long as we improve year on year even if the finish doesn’t look as good. We played better this year than last year with a full team.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder how many “experts”tipped the broncs to play in the GF at the start of the year? As they say X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure, fuck them all.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m glad you think Gus is royalty.
Gus Gould? I don’t mind him.

I was talking about you how your name is King Gus but your speech is not that of a royal.

In hindsight that was a bit harsh and cold and I apologize but you have to at least understand you acted a bit wrong youself

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder how many “experts”tipped the broncs to play in the GF at the start of the year? As they say X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure, fuck them all.
Well I tipped them to be top 4 as you’d remember.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all forgot to take into account the 50 year long standing trend.

Bulldogs last 50 year history on the "4" year of each decade.

1974 = Grand Final Runners Up

1984 = Grand Final Winner

1994 = Grand Final Runners Up

2004 = Grand Final Winner

2014 = Grand Final Runners Up

2024 = THE PREMIERSHIP IS OURS BABY!!!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus Gould? I don’t mind him.

I was talking about you how your name is King Gus but your speech is not that of a royal.

In hindsight that was a bit harsh and cold and I apologize but you have to at least understand you acted a bit wrong youself
No sorry I only speak facts and facts are south’s are a shit club that should of stayed kicked out.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
As long as we improve year on year even if the finish doesn’t look as good. We played better this year than last year with a full team.
I think the issue was a young team that were maxed out mentally and physically so many injuries to our forwards and worse off to our experienced forwards. Now they come back and looked off the pace . We just never played as a team especially in defence. Hopefully new faces and a freshen up we turn this around.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, in 2004 we were tipped to finish 12th.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
real hope
What a lot of you negative sad spinsters don’t understand is, it’s like talking shit about your brother sister or family, when you’re angry with them, you can talk shit about them, anyone else does it and you’re likely to break their nose for it ..

Same as the club we love, we can vent and be angry about shit, anyone outside of us supporters that do it and we’ll obviously defend it ..

That’s why so many defend the club management and coaching team against the clown crew, they’re forever putting the club down, rarely a good thing to say about it, it’s natural for supporters to stick up for the club we love, we accept both the good and bad times ..
And for too long, it's been bad times.

I'm looking forward to some good times, but I don't think 2024 will deliver anything more than a slight improvement on 2023.

We have the usual bad draw.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A team with Kyle Flanagan potentially in the halves is gonna finish higher than us? Yeah fat chance fox, lay off the pipe.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This the fans can tolerate.
The other negative shit, nyet!

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s realistic. Just a reflection of our coach, our roster and record from last year having the worst defensive record and second worst attack. A few roster changes and a couple of promising backline additions but still lacking a strong go forward pack, and still missing a potent half combination. Plus coach is same so can expect some bizarre selection and rotation decisions.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Struggling to see how a bunch of utilities are going to turn our season around.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Competition for spots, the likes of our spine have to be more consistent or risk getting dropped. If they don’t care about being dropped they have no professional pride and then we know which ones to clear out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They think we improve the roster every year only to then turn on the players, blame them and repeat the same process the following year. They don't have any real opinions.