Bad news for Bulldogs fans with Canterbury tipped to run last with a 0.10 per cent chance of winning the wooden spoon.......

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
They all forgot to take into account the 50 year long standing trend.

Bulldogs last 50 year history on the "4" year of each decade.

1974 = Grand Final Runners Up

1984 = Grand Final Winner

1994 = Grand Final Runners Up

2004 = Grand Final Winner

2014 = Grand Final Runners Up

2024 = THE PREMIERSHIP IS OURS BABY!!!
our only chance is if we have the bye in magic round and then something happens to the other 16 teams, like some sort of deadly virus in the stadium

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
0.1% chance of winning the wooden spoon is good news though :grinning:
Actually it’s a 27.47% chance of the spoon, 0.1% chance of the minor premiership (according to their dubious methodology).
Probably not a million miles away from where it lands.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't mind them predicting us coming last, feels like no pressure at all now.
That's the spirit. The inflated expectations last pre season were way too optimistic which was a catastrophic mistake.

If we go into it hoping to at least give most teams a shake on game day we might be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the issue was a young team that were maxed out mentally and physically so many injuries to our forwards and worse off to our experienced forwards. Now they come back and looked off the pace . We just never played as a team especially in defence. Hopefully new faces and a freshen up we turn this around.
The coach was maxed out mentally as well. He failed to adjust and play a higher percentage game plan when the team was struggling to make tackles.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The coach was maxed out mentally as well. He failed to adjust and play a higher percentage game plan when the team was struggling to make tackles.
I don’t think you adjust the system halfway through the season with a young team. Holding the ball or running hard isn’t the coaches fault.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Struggling to see how a bunch of utilities are going to turn our season around.
They weren’t utilities making grade, they did what they needed to do at their club, also they are genuine football players with husstle, sometimes these team needs.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disagree. If the Ciraldo adapts to the deadwood he might as well walk out the door. Ciraldo needs to set the standards high and keep them there. If the flops can't adhere to those standards they need to be cleared out.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually it’s a 27.47% chance of the spoon, 0.1% chance of the minor premiership (according to their dubious methodology).
Probably not a million miles away from where it lands.
When you think about it Uleh in 2022, Cowboys we’re tipped for spoon of close to it, and ended up in semis
In 2023, the warriors were topped for bottom 4 and again did semis
The logical improver for 2024 will be St George because of the Flanagan factor,
But who knows yo
Maybe 2024 will be our year?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Disagree. If the Ciraldo adapts to the deadwood he might as well walk out the door. Ciraldo needs to set the standards high and keep them there. If the flops can't adhere to those standards they need to be cleared out.
Pounding away at mid field bombs cause they look cool and surrendering field position to superior opposition isn't setting the standards high.
A good coach must be somewhat adaptable and work within the limitations of the team the takes to the pitch on game day.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pounding away at mid field bombs cause they look cool and surrendering field position to superior opposition isn't setting the standards high.
A good coach must be somewhat adaptable and work within the limitations of the team the takes to the pitch on game day.
Like your new pic, looking good these days.
As for those midfield bombs, got to afford last season's forwards a chance to get into the opposition's side of the field.
Seriously though, if he gains better control over his kicking, it will be a tactical advantage, affording us more time to pressure the opposition.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
even better for when i bet on them to make the 8 and chuck a lil sneaky on to win the ompcaaaays my bahhhhh and bring dat dere trophy home uce

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like your new pic, looking good these days.
As for those midfield bombs, got to afford last season's forwards a chance to get into the opposition's side of the field.
Seriously though, if he gains better control over his kicking, it will be a tactical advantage, affording us more time to pressure the opposition.
With such a big boot he's more than capable of driving the ball deep into the corners and try to find the ground and turn the opposition around which would also give the forwards a chance to move into opposing half.

Don't get jealous i'm just like Austin Powers I may have bad teeth but I can still put the broads into a frenzy make no mistake.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With such a big boot he's more than capable of driving the ball deep into the corners and try to find the ground and turn the opposition around which would also give the forwards a chance to move into opposing half.

Don't get jealous i'm just like Austin Powers I may have bad teeth but I can still put the broads into a frenzy make no mistake.
OH, Behave

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the Staff writers of Fox Sport are very brave. They can’t even put their names to the story. Anyway I think the Bulldogs should print that out and put it up on the team meeting wall. If that’s not motivation to prove people wrong I don’t know what it is. Put all the doubters stories up on the wall, and fire up the team - before each game - to prove the doubters wrong overall. We need to use these type of stories for team motivation. I personally can’t see the Dogs coming dead last, but we all would hope for a bigger improvement in 2024.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think your wrong here mate, defence is attitude, easy to see that half the team checked out .. there’s a ton of pictures proving this with players slowly walking to get back on side and some only taking 1 maybe 2 runs in a whole 80 minutes ..

Coach wasn’t maxed out mentally, definitely frustrated by a lack of effort though ..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Well the Staff writers of Fox Sport are very brave. They can’t even put their names to the story. Anyway I think the Bulldogs should print that out and put it up on the team meeting wall. If that’s not motivation to prove people wrong I don’t know what it is. Put all the doubters stories up on the wall, and fire up the team - before each game - to prove the doubters wrong overall. We need to use these type of stories for team motivation. I personally can’t see the Dogs coming dead last, but we all would hope for a bigger improvement in 2024.
Warriors were tipped by a few last year to run last. Always based on the previous year and by that mentality no will can improve unless they sign 5 superstars. Warriors are a good example of my point and tigers are a bad example lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
0.1% chance of winning the wooden spoon is good news though :grinning:
Dunno whose butt those numbers got pulled from. If all teams had equal chance of the spoon it 5.9% chance. If only the bottom 8 are a chance, and we are botton 8, its 12.5% chance. Where does 0.1% come from? And how is that the highest chance, the rest are below 0.1%?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors were tipped by a few last year to run last. Always based on the previous year and by that mentality no will can improve unless they sign 5 superstars. Warriors are a good example of my point and tigers are a bad example lol
Yeah prob by the same members on here who tipped us to make top 8 lol