Bad boys cost Dogs a dynasty- Daniel Mortimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wow this is freaky, yesterday i posted this in the broncos are interested in barba thread...

IMO Ben Barba is another one of those 'Ben Roberts' projects, maybe his all round attitude is lacking and he needs to get it right before he is given the chance to step up. Either way, leaving him in NSW cup or bringing him up to first grade is a gamble, i trust whatever Kevin Moore decides as i believe it will be in the best interests of the team and the club. I do however have a slight inkling that maybe Daniel Mortimer may have caught our attention and with Steve Mortimer having returned recently i think it may only be a matter of time before he is in the blue and white colours.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
mason and reni - respect to their performace from 02-04 but the money and fame went to their heads. thank god they left with SBW
without their stupidity we wouldnt have the team we have now.

i think mortimer is alrite...would rather have him than barba

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol at this article, as if it was cause of Reni and Willie

His dad has said many times he went to parra to develop his game under hagan not Folkes

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. I still think Barba would prove to be better than Mortimer if given a fair opportunity in the 6.

Oh well:sleep:
There's nothing super special about Mortimer. I'm not going to JIMP about him. I'm merely JIMP'ing over his name :o

A name like that belongs to Belmore - not Parrascum >:(

Like you said, I'm happy having Barba here :grinning:

Those of you pissed off at Reni and Mason, are you not satisfied with our current five eighth?

You know, they guy that's been killing it and made Lockyer and Hunt his btch?
Couldn't have asked for anything better :grinning:

Everything happens for a reason, and I'm glad Mason and Reni turned out to be scumbags. But that doesn't change the fact they were scumbags before they left our club.

Thanks for the memories guys, but you turned out to be a serious stain on our Logo.

His dad has said many times he went to parra to develop his game under hagan not Folkes
If there is truth to this article (which rightly looks to be so considering it was Mortimer who commented) - then it says a lot about that post-2004 period. We had players with bad attitudes, the Coach was under pressure for his style of coaching, and Noad was the CEO who had to deal with it all.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Mortimer already has the game for NRL footy, Barba is still learning the ropes. No use comparing the two until both are set in the NRL.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Good luck to the kid but seriously, big deal. People get so worked up about kids with a famous lastname.

At best, Daniel is above average. At the moment, he's nothing special at all. He may have potential but who doesn't?

To envy Parramatta because they have Mortimer would lead us to be ungreatful for Roberts. Some people look to tomorrow so much they forget about today.
will you be eating your own words IF he did carve us up on saturday nite?

For those p!ssed at Mason and Reni, Mason in particularly, so you'd rather us not have won the 2004 premiership?

Whatever he is now, he was once a Bulldog and his performance in that 04 Grand Final went a long way to winning the trophy for us.
Mason and Reni had their heads and hearts at the right place at that time but because they thought they can do whatever the **** they want signing big contracts and go out at nite get themselves into trouble showed then that they arent committed to what they want to do

Hagan was **** at developing players... he couldnt do it at the knights and he picked up what jason taylor and brian smith left behind and made them much worse.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
will you be eating your own words IF he did carve us up on saturday nite?
No.

Nearly every pup that come into first grade kills it in their first year. Wasn't Tim Smith called the next Peter Sterling?

I don't rubbish the kid but at the same time, he's not that good.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was talk that the Broncos are interested in Barba.
At least with smart players at the club, noddy hazem and patts and Ryan etc maybe they will help barba stay if someone is interested, we lost a lot of talent because of ********s like mason in the young kids at the clubs ear…

Anastabation

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry if I was everyone else. I am 100% certain he will be back in blue & white before long. He used to go to bed at night dreaming of pulling on a bulldogs jersey. His father and uncles are club legends and the structure of the club has changed and everyone is happy. At the moment we are going great with Roberts and Kimmorley running the show, Mortimer is getting a feel for first grade at Parramatta and he will return to the dogs as an experienced NRL halves player and his best years will still be ahead of him.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im just wondering if the Mortimers decision to send him to Parra had a bit to do with the way Turvey was treated a few years back when he was in charge.
As for Peter Mortimer, I dont blame him for making the decision he made looking out for his sons best based on what he saw what was happening at our club at the time (Masons and other trash ruining the club) but I think its a bit rich for him to say that he will be supporting Parra on the weekend.
He can support his son, and hope he has a blinder but to say he will be supporting against the dogs is lame...he should remember that he made something for himself because of the Bulldogs.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Bad boys cost Dogs a dynasty"

One man dynasty, eh?

Anastabation

Reaction score

One man dynasty, eh?
lol. Good point mate. I strongly doubt we'd be going any better this year had we had Mortimer at the expense of Kimmorley or Roberts. Realistically everything has worked out for the greater good. Like I said before, Mortimer will return at the right time.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Long time, AB. What's been happening, champ?

Anastabation

Reaction score
Same as always mate... just haven't had the internet at home for a few years... needed to get it because I started university. I'll be back regularly now though. lol. How are you these days mate?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Same as always mate... just haven't had the internet at home for a few years... needed to get it because I started university. I'll be back regularly now though. lol. How are you these days mate?
Haha. Good stuff. Same ol, same ol.

Please come up with those random stories of yours. Those were the best! Hahaha

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score

One man dynasty, eh?
I think what they mean by dynasty is a dynasty of the Mortimer name at the Bulldogs Club

Like the Mortimer's reign on Belmore kind of thing lol :p

I doubt they're talking about a performance dynasty

NuffSed

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why compare a starting five eighth (Mortimer) to a future one? I dare you to compare Mortimer with our current starting five eighth.

In fact, you can't. No one can.
I'd take Daniel Mortimer over Ben Roberts. Mortimer will play for Australia in the next 4 years.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think what they mean by dynasty is a dynasty of the Mortimer name at the Bulldogs Club

Like the Mortimer's reign on Belmore kind of thing lol :p

I doubt they're talking about a performance dynasty
If that was the case, we already have a dynasty of Mortimers, you seemowa. :p

I'd take Daniel Mortimer over Ben Roberts. Mortimer will play for Australia in the next 4 years.
I have nothing to add to this.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry if I was everyone else. I am 100% certain he will be back in blue & white before long. He used to go to bed at night dreaming of pulling on a bulldogs jersey. His father and uncles are club legends and the structure of the club has changed and everyone is happy. At the moment we are going great with Roberts and Kimmorley running the show, Mortimer is getting a feel for first grade at Parramatta and he will return to the dogs as an experienced NRL halves player and his best years will still be ahead of him.
He resigned for one year. Which kid ever signs a One year deal unless he's got options. Barba,Mortimer or Thurston will be the 2011 Half back. Time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.