Bad boys cost Dogs a dynasty- Daniel Mortimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Greenberg just said on 10 news there will be some interest from the Bulldogs when he comes off contract next year

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
On a side note, I had no idea Paul Osbourne is now the Parra CEO

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All this just because of his last name lol How many fg games has he played again?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Eels five-eighth Daniel Mortimer still drawn in by Bulldogs' tradition

July 23, 2009

Parramatta have a fight on their hands trying to hold on to gun rookie Daniel Mortimer, with the Eels playmaker admitting it would be great to carry on the family tradition at the Bulldogs.
Just days out from his first NRL game against the club at which his father Peter and uncles Steve and Chris created a dynasty in the 1980s, Mortimer did little to dismiss the possibility of one day emulating their deeds in the blue and white.

“It would be great to see a Mortimer back running around with the Dogs, just growing up I always idolised players from the Bulldogs and I used to just dream of pulling on that blue and white jersey,” Mortimer said.

“It'd be great to be back there but I'll take it as it comes.

“Growing up I never thought I'd be playing against the Doggies - I thought if I did end up making a career it would be with the Doggies.

“It's a weird place to be in but I've been at Parramatta for two years now and I've grown to love the club.”

Weird indeed, considering for much of his childhood Parramatta and the Bulldogs were arch-rivals - the two clubs sharing seven premierships between them in the 1980s.

The 19-year-old rejected advances from the Bulldogs earlier this year to sign a new deal with the Eels through to the end of next season, but he admitted it could be harder to say no should the blue and whites come knocking again.

“My manager has always said the club that you're with you give them the first and last chance to sign you,” Mortimer said.

“I did give Parramatta the first chance (this year) and what they came up with was a one-year extension and I thought that was good for me.

“I'm very happy at the club for at least one more year and I'll see what happens, but I'll definitely heavily weigh up any Bulldogs options the year after.”

Eels chief executive Paul Osborne said the Eels were keen to hold onto their new half, while Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said Mortimer was definitely a player of interest for his club.

Veteran Bulldogs playmaker Brett Kimmorley is off contract at the end of next season, but it is believed the club would still go after Mortimer even if Kimmorley decided to play on.

“There's no doubt that Daniel Mortimer's been spoken about at length here, both through his obvious ability this year and also through the heritage that the surname brings inside this club,” Greenberg said.

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and knowing Daniel Mortimer and the whole Mortimer family like we do, it's little surprise to us that he's a quality player as well as a quality young man.”

The fact Mortimer can speak so openly about his future typifies the confidence with which the former Australian schoolboy carries himself.

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's such a shame some idiots at the club ruined for him.
I hope to see him in the blue and white in the future. He has potential.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Paul Osbourne's comments re: Dogs wanting DM:

"Uhhh, i'd like to get my hands around Todd Greenberg's neck"

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe everything happens for a reason.

If Mortimer is to be a Bulldog in 2011, so be it. If not, then Oh well.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
He only became CEO two weeks ago

On topic - can't blame him looking for a start elsewhere, good luck to him as the famous Mortimer bloodline was never going to stay in tact at the dogs.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
a mortimer in a parra line up is very very very wrong.

i don't blame his dad for doing what he did, which father wants there son to play with people who go out every night and do stupid things?

Well at least D Mortimer stayed local. Not a long drive from Belmore to Parramatta. If he went to say Cowboys or Warriors that would suck more. He may still end up playing for us in the future. Mortimers have played for other clubs b4

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
its sad to see this happen but hope to see him at the dogs 1 day

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
i really quite like mortimer & its sad to see him playing for parra
hopefully he'll come to the dogs eventually.
make things right :p

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
neither did i! i was at dinner at bankstown sporties the other day and paul was at the table next to us with a whole buncha other suits and i thought oh bulldogs ppl having a meeting, then daniel anderson showed up and i was like "hmmm...?"

lol

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WE All Know that another NRL Club will pay OVERs For Barba , look at Brisbane paid 500k for a winger So im sure theyd be happy to pay OH i dont know , 700k for barba. :whacky:

LEt hope this Young Motimer comes back home where he belongs

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I cant plame Peter, he made the right choice, Mason and reni were cancer at our club. He will come back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.