News Back to the future? Bulldogs interview Ray Dib for CEO role

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The back ended contracts alone are not the problem, the problem is back ended contracts while playing to a salary cap that doesn't exist (came from higher up). When you add the two together it is our last 3 years.
The cap increase had nothing to do with backloading contracts. They were doing them long before any talk of the cap going up. They essentially wanted to use the backloading like a credit card and keep rolling it over each season.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally think it's natural he's on the 'list' tho doubt they'll give full disclosure to who we're interviewing. If the club wants to make the right step forward they need to interview every possibly candidate so understand Dibs being interviewed

At the present time none of us know what the club is looking to do structure wise. One CEO? Splitting duties? Responsibilities of each position or the one? So it's hard to make any judgement really.

Would I be happy if he gets the CEO role? No, but there's a long way till that and the club has been making an awful lot of right decisions of late. Gotta trust in the process

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope he can go back to obscurity after what he did to us. It's sickening that people on this forum want him back.

We are only getting out of the mess he and the other stooges made. Getting him back will just be another shit show waiting to happen.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
So Dib gets rolled by voting members after sending the club into a downwards spiral. Then a few years later about 100 members signs a piece of paper which means the elected board members are forced to stand down to save further infighting. Then the new board members grandfather in the guy who was rolled in the first place, now in a role where members have no say how long his tenure can be.
Massive slap in the face to all members if this is true, 100 or so pot stirrers should not be able to manipulate the system to get their man back in a spot of power

headphonehouse

New Pup
Reaction score
You think its easy for Ray Dib to even put his hat back in the ring? Just readIng this thread and I think he's seriously be mad to even contemplating it. But he's focussed on improving the club.

From what Ive heard he's totally got what he believes the best interest of the club at heart. I believe he's an asset in some capacity.and if not CEO right now so be it but I think he's a shit load better than the current bunch.

All those that voted for others to take however how have they done? From what Ive heard a few are likely to be facing legal action for some not so straight activities in their private and business dealings so will be quite pre-occupied and have no time for footy.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You think its easy for Ray Dib to even put his hat back in the ring? Just readIng this thread and I think he's seriously be mad to even contemplating it. But he's focussed on improving the club.

From what Ive heard he's totally got what he believes the best interest of the club at heart. I believe he's an asset in some capacity.and if not CEO right now so be it but I think he's a shit load better than the current bunch.

All those that voted for others to take however how have they done? From what Ive heard a few are likely to be facing legal action for some not so straight activities in their private and business dealings so will be quite pre-occupied and have no time for footy.
Calm down Ray

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When are we going to realize
1 The club can not legally deny Ray Dib the opportunity to apply for the job
2 The club employed an independent organization to interview candidates
3 The club will make a decision based on the recommendations of those professionals
Anyone has a problem with the process doesn't have the club's best interests at heart !!!

Last edited:

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Either Ray Dib or Aaron Warburton, either one of those guys for me. Personally I’m for Ray Dib as his connections alone could dramatically improve our commercial department substantially. All the guys crying covid didn’t allow us to compete financially would see the massive effect he could have on the club with sponsors etc immediately. Aaron I also believe could do a great job as he was our commercial manager when we were thriving. Make it happen JK!

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Either Ray Dib or Aaron Warburton, either one of those guys for me. Personally I’m for Ray Dib as his connections alone could dramatically improve our commercial department substantially. All the guys crying covid didn’t allow us to compete financially would see the massive effect he could have on the club with sponsors etc immediately. Aaron I also believe could do a great job as he was our commercial manager when we were thriving. Make it happen JK!
Oh no...You Evil man :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The total gall of the man to even apply for the job. He is just a selfish pick stroking his own ego at the detriment of the loyal fans.

For the past three years the fans have held out hope waiting for season 21 and 22 anticipating that we would be relieved from the financial burden which he oversaw, only for him to seek a return when the books are rebalanced.

The club and more importantly the loyal fans deserve better.

Piss Off Dibb...... get that on a banner!

Raging Bull

Waterboy
Reaction score
It doesn't matter! Have a look at the football club member list next time it's published. I guarantee there'll be an extra 500 members because everyone worked out last year how easy it is to stack the numbers and overthrow the board. So whoever is CEO will have a new Board to deal with in 2 years and they'll have their own pet CEO. They might as well advertise it as a casual role.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is a lot of fans won’t do that so the club is going to have a very hard time selling it to those fans. I agree with you that Dib did do a great job corporately and there’s no denying that .I think his heart was in the right place and he genuinely thought he was doing everything for the best of the club. The way things ended and the painful years recovering after his departure aren’t going to be forgotten though and that’s where the problem is.

If he comes in and looks after the corporate stuff than I’m ok with it but if he is going to be a normal CEO over seeing everything I think it’s too soon for him to be involved with football matters again.
To me it looks like Dib has some very good attributes, but his EGO will never allow him to be a team player and will eventually want to take full control of everything.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dib would create a managerial power imbalance. The front office would run the Board. The Club cannot go there. He has blood on his hands. To go to Dib right now would be akin to appointing Gary McIntire. No, no and a big No. There are other worthy candidates among those interviewed.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
When are we going to realize
1 The club can not legally deny Ray Dib the opportunity to apply for the job
2 The club employed an independent organizations to interview candidates
3 The club will make a decision based on the recommendations of those professionals
Anyone has a problem with the process doesn't have the club's best interests at heart !!!
To be fair though it's the same system that got us Raelene isn't it? Maybe it's not foolproof.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair though it's the same system that got us Raelene isn't it? Maybe it's not foolproof.
The difference, Greenturd signed Des (Hitler) Hasler in full control of football allowing him to turn Raelene into his own puppet.