News Back to the future? Bulldogs interview Ray Dib for CEO role

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Pal,

In respect to Hill there is no written rule on when to call a potential candidate or player manager. ( timeframe)

In fact being too keen,generally means more $$ to the other party.

The fact he took his time,a more measured approach and called when he felt was right was probably a good move, made them sweat a little particularly if they were expecting the phone call.

It would be good to see the current mob demonstrate the reasoning behind a new ceo, albeit a low profile one,makes no sense.
Sure but a big piece of the puzzle no matter who the CEO is a winning footy team. We’ve finally gotten ourselves into a position to compete again but on field results will make it an easier sell. That’s why I didn’t get the timing of sacking Hill. Unless there was a plan that’s been blown up? To me it would have been justified perhaps if we compete well this year but didn’t bring in extra revenue leading into 2022 when our squad strengthens again - but now? I did hear Hill was slow to return calls to Hansen and Burton’s manager so maybe there’s more to his demise than we know.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Pal,

In respect to Hill there is no written rule on when to call a potential candidate or player manager. ( timeframe)

In fact being too keen,generally means more $$ to the other party.

The fact he took his time,a more measured approach and called when he felt was right was probably a good move, made them sweat a little particularly if they were expecting the phone call.

It would be good to see the current mob demonstrate the reasoning behind a new ceo, albeit a low profile one,makes no sense.
Thanks for the tips Ted :-).
Was just passing on what I heard about Hilly and whether it may have played into his demise, I wasn’t commenting specifically. I’m sure he had his reasons and clearly there’s things JK wasn’t happy with.

As for the boards strategy I’d say it’s unlikely it will be shared, however assuming you’re attending the virtual AGM this Sunday there might be a few snippets there.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Aaron has a lot of commercial connections and was running a very successful sponsorship company connecting businesses with sporting organisations. I also read he teaches business management at University. He was responsible for our Kia and all major sponsorships when he was at the club. He will excel in the commercial side of things but will need a footy knowledgeable person to partner him for recruitment and stuff. I hope he gets the gig.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: Former Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib has been told he has missed out on the Canterbury CEO role. Had support on board, including the chair, but not majority. Aaron Warburton now frontrunner. Also, Dogs have poached Eels recruitment manager Peter Sharp to help Trent Barrett.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
UPDATE: Former Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib has been told he has missed out on the Canterbury CEO role. Had support on board, including the chair, but not majority. Aaron Warburton now frontrunner. Also, Dogs have poached Eels recruitment manager Peter Sharp to help Trent Barrett.
I just had a call from John White our interim CEO to re-assure me Dib was interviewed but wasn’t successful.

Would anyone be interested in Dinkum Dog & I giving updates from the AGM on Sunday?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just had a call from John White our interim CEO to re-assure me Dib was interviewed but wasn’t successful.

Would anyone be interested in Dinkum Dog & I giving updates from the AGM on Sunday?
yes pls

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I got a call from John today about a few things too. I was very impressed.

Alamoti is very close to re-signing long term and we will announce a sleeve sponsor over the next week.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My god.... talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. Surely that has to be the list of applicants that failed to make it to interview.

At this rate Aunty Rae Rae will be making a return..... FMD.
Do NOT even joke about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!