News Back to the future? Bulldogs interview Ray Dib for CEO role

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ridiculous idea, re Dib, we are on course for a new crusade,and new chapter for our beloved bulldogs, surely we can find a smart operator with links to the business community.
We are a big club, surely we can attract a big name from the business world, we have $$
Mr Chairman wake up you moron, this even making the press is embarrassing to say the least.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dib probably leaked this to get a story written which would get him some attention again amist the revival of the club. It must kill Dib to see the club in such a great place after the mess he left them in and with him having nothing to do with it nor getting any credit.

Dib is an egomaniac who's political bullshit will always lurk around the club.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it’s true JK was pro-Dib for CEO he must’ve had great confidence (or been deluded) that Dib wouldn’t come after his own job sooner or later.
I think it's confidence when you consider what they did with Hill. It's a lot easier for the board to punt a CEO then the other way around.

It defiantly looks like the CEO is going to be strictly corporate if they appoint Warburton. He pretty much has zero footy expertise apart from the sponsorship and commercial side of things.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's confidence when you consider what they did with Hill. It's a lot easier for the board to punt a CEO then the other way around.

It defiantly looks like the CEO is going to be strictly corporate if they appoint Warburton. He pretty much has zero footy expertise apart from the sponsorship and commercial side of things.
Usually I’d agree with your first statement but not in Dib’s case. And that’s not aimed to be an insult to JK who is a credible guy, I’m just saying Dib is about Dib.

Agree that if they pick Warburton it’s strictly a commercial role, which to me says JK wants more of an Executive Chairman role. Not a full time employee as such but more hands on than other Chair who largely leave the exec team to run the business and simply provide oversight and governance. We’ll see.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. One of the game's gents

Peter Sharp is a good man. Humble, always polite, always helpful. Peter is a real footy man. He loves the game. I don’t think I have ever met anyone more knowledgeable about rugby league than Peter Sharp. If you listen to him, I guarantee you will learn something. Peter has spent his life bringing kids through the junior systems and teaching them the game. Many of these young players have gone on to enjoy very rewarding professional careers and performed at the highest level.

I guess at one time in Peter’s career he had ambitions of being an NRL head coach, but there is a lot more to this job than just knowing the game of rugby league. There are many other pressures. It’s not for everyone. However, Peter found his niche in this game, supporting the NRL head coach as an assistant – a role which continues to take on more and more significance in the modern era. In the NFL for example, it’s the assistant coaches that actually do all the coaching. The head coach simply oversees the program and deals with the million-and-one other issues that arise from day to day.

The same pattern is emerging in rugby league and I know other head coaches who have employed Peter Sharp swear by his knowledge of the game. They speak of his passion, his loyalty, his humility, his lack of ego, his encouraging manner and his meticulous work ethic. He never seeks praise. Peter Sharp makes the head coaches look better. I am so glad he walked away from that situation at the Sharks. He didn’t deserve the disrespect he had been given. Typically of Peter, he stayed silent and got on with his job. I cheered when his team won on Friday night against the Broncos. I cheered even louder yesterday when he handed in his resignation. Walk tall, Peter Sharp.

I found this from a Gus Gould article from 2014

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Usually I’d agree with your first statement but not in Dib’s case. And that’s not aimed to be an insult to JK who is a credible guy, I’m just saying Dib is about Dib.

Agree that if they pick Warburton it’s strictly a commercial role, which to me says JK wants more of an Executive Chairman role. Not a full time employee as such but more hands on than other Chair who largely leave the exec team to run the business and simply provide oversight and governance. We’ll see.
Yeah no doubt about that with Dib.

I just worry about things like when the shit hits the fan such as Port Macquarie and how someone like Warburton would handle that with the media. Obviously you'd hope something like that doesn't happen again but with footy players its only a matter of time. There are a few grey area's between the commercial side and footy side.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah no doubt about that with Dib.

I just worry about things like when the shit hits the fan such as Port Macquarie and how someone like Warburton would handle that with the media. Obviously you'd hope something like that doesn't happen again but with footy players its only a matter of time. There are a few grey area's between the commercial side and footy side.
Agree re: media but Baz has that in spades so if not the Commercial CEO then perhaps whoever they choose as the footy side of the CEO role in combination with Baz. You’d hope not to distract the coach too much with matters like that but it’s somewhat inevitable when it affects the playing group.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree re: media but Baz has that in spades so if not the Commercial CEO then perhaps whoever they choose as the footy side of the CEO role in combination with Baz. You’d hope not to distract the coach too much with matters like that but it’s somewhat inevitable when it affects the playing group.
Having a decent media department and consultants (spin merchants) on call wouldn't hurt.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Having a decent media department and consultants (spin merchants) on call wouldn't hurt.

Go Dogs
Fair call. Always wondered what else David Townsend does - only seems to appear to MC at forums etc.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair call. Always wondered what else David Townsend does - only seems to appear to MC at forums etc.
The Chooks have 3 permanent staff in media and 2 consulting firms. It's no accident that they get only good publicity.

Go Dogs

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the chairman is pro dib....FMD !!

He needs to go,certainly not a visionary.

Think we are in trouble fellas,who in their right minds would even consider this even as a thought running through their brains.

What else is running through his brains?

What do you stand for Mr Chairman??

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the chairman is pro dib....FMD !!

He needs to go,certainly not a visionary.

Think we are in trouble fellas,who in their right minds would even consider this even as a thought running through their brains.

What else is running through his brains?

What do you stand for Mr Chairman??
did you miss the tweet saying dib is out of the race????