Averillo & Wakeham

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both have potential, attack will be better after a good pre season together and tonight defense was much much better for Averillo and Wakeham didn't take a backward step so some good positives and something to look forward to within the next few years ... up the DOGGIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

A

Alexander the Great

Bad start from wakeham, but he warmed to the task nicely and help close out the game. Averillo very gun shy, needs to get more involved. Funnily enough, Lewis was actually doing a good job before he got knocked out.. typical murphy's law..
Its his second game in the halves. Wakeham need more time.

Throw Lewis into lock and ill take that.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both have potential, attack will be better after a good pre season together and tonight defense was much much better for Averillo and Wakeham didn't take a backward step so some good positives and something to look forward to within the next few years ... up the DOGGIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
agreed looks like wakeham might be a good hb but still jury is out on what averillos best position is, maybe fb if not 5/8 but we need to let this kid have more ball and let his speed burn burn burn

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Avo very likely has a big future ahead of him. Wakeham found something as the second half proceeded, but he is also fortunate Souffs didn't manage to throw more serious attacking raids down his side of the field. He did manage to put together a few decent kicks though, and his kick for touch with 6 minutes to go was smart.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its his second game in the halves. Wakeham need more time.

Throw Lewis into lock and ill take that.
I definitely wasn't criticising him, just calling how it was.. anyone that plays in the halves needs plenty of time to settle in.. I'm willing to give him as much time as he needs and hopefully he gets the right mentoring.. I also believe our forward dominated attacking structures aren't helping his cause..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I liked how Sua ran over the top of Wakeham then the young fella bounced back and cut him down to size every time
That was the turning point for the kid you could see his confidence growing after he cut him down one on one the key for wakeham is his game management his short kicking game for repeat sets and finding touch to run the clock down late went a long way to winning us that match if Lewis comes back next week we’re back to square one

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That was the turning point for the kid you could see his confidence growing after he cut him down one on one the key for wakeham is his game management his short kicking game for repeat sets and finding touch to run the clock down late went a long way to winning us that match if Lewis comes back next week we’re back to square one
Also intentionally missing the penalty goal to waste more time and force to Rabbits into making an error with thr drop out.... :tonguewink:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both have shown they have potential.

Unfortunately you can't run a FG football team with a pair of 20yo halves with limited experience.

In 2-3 years they may form a lethal combo but both are too young atm and kids their age are notoriously inconsistent.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Both have shown they have potential.

Unfortunately you can't run a FG football team with a pair of 20yo halves with limited experience.

In 2-3 years they may form a lethal combo but both are too young atm and kids their age are notoriously inconsistent.
And that’s the point they should be a lot further down the road than they are persisting with Lewis has cost us dearly

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hoping Wakeham can develop. The problem I see is that he is not a threat with the ball. He looks like just an organiser with a good short kicking game. I don't think he has ever made a half break yet

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are a work in progress and no Reserve this year doesn’t help.

Both need to hit the gym hard in the offseason and with new strength and conditioning trainers, who knows, we may see a few of our boys a little more physically dominant next year.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo and Wakeham haven’t kicked on yet. They don’t look like regular first graders yet. Deer in headlights stuff. But they’ll get better but they have to do the work.