Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you disagree with what I always say, but seriously both sides are hypocritical fuckwits. They can excuse their side and condemn the other side for the same shit, just to keep the sheep occupied so they stay divided and not look at the more important issues.
Bro there are some topics in politics where 100% I agree with you. But other topics in politics where it's not the case.

Look the end goal is to get elected, so that you can implement the policies you want. Along the line to that end goal there are deals made, or things said for PR purposes, so yes I completely agree on that. However, there is a purpose to implement policies, sometimes along the line these policies become compromised due to the nature of todays political machine (e.g. donations, etc).

When these allegations were first levelled at Bill Shorten, I don't remember Labor shifting blame onto the Libs (if I'm ignorant/wrong, anyone, please provide the link so I can read up on it).

That action there is a massive difference in political outlook, morality, and ownership of your problems.

Labor has made a quota to get more females into their cabinet. They have a 50-50 quota and with a 50-50 quota, these old "school boy" behaviours do not have breeding cess pit to grow in because there are more powerful women in place to check that behaviour and stop it from happening. That is a step in the right direction. That is a massive difference in policy to the other party. That is an action of following through with ideals.

There are other aspects, for sure, that are hypocritical, but not in this case. This does not mean it may not happen. It's possible that it exists within Labor as well, it's how you act after it's revealed that's the telling factor.

And then you have people like Bernie Sanders, not a hypocritical bone in his body

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well yeah but anyone who is named has the right to a defence.

If his investigation was ligit (and not some Trumped up internal investigation by corrupt lacky Phil Gartjens from Scomo's own Dept) then let everybody who is under suspicion of sexual/bullying assault be investigated.
Victoria Police have already thoroughly investigated Shorten's allegations of rape back in 2014.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Victoria Police have already thoroughly investigated Shorten's allegations of rape back in 2014.
Yes I know but Trump enabled the Libs as well so let it all play out.

Shorten can ask Victoria Police to release their findings and then Shorten can ask for the same to be done for Porter, Craig Kelly's COS, Barnaby, Tudge, Abbott etc etc

Turnbull has a lot more dirt to tell yet as well.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you disagree with what I always say, but seriously both sides are hypocritical fuckwits. They can excuse their side and condemn the other side for the same shit, just to keep the sheep occupied so they stay divided and not look at the more important issues.
I say this all the time and the response is always the same. People see it from their biased perspective. Both sides have major issues that we could list all day but in the end it's always going to be the same. Biased views. That's why I'm happy on my fence.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I say this all the time and the response is always the same. People see it from their biased perspective. Both sides have major issues that we could list all day but in the end it's always going to be the same. Biased views. That's why I'm happy on my fence.
I'm not saying there aren't problems, there are heaps of problems. But to equate them on level footing is not right.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes I agree.

But....you have to offer some answers.

You have to place your trust in someone.

Often it's a case of picking the least corrupt party and the one whose values you most closely align with ...but you can't just throw your hands up and say they are all crooks, even if it is true....one of them is going to run the country whether we think they are all bullshit artists or not.

My main concern is making the governing party accountable no matter who.

A lot of experts in constitutional law, ex judges in the Centre For Public Integrity think this is the most corrupt Govt in Australia's history :(

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro there are some topics in politics where 100% I agree with you. But other topics in politics where it's not the case.

Look the end goal is to get elected, so that you can implement the policies you want. Along the line to that end goal there are deals made, or things said for PR purposes, so yes I completely agree on that. However, there is a purpose to implement policies, sometimes along the line these policies become compromised due to the nature of todays political machine (e.g. donations, etc).

When these allegations were first levelled at Bill Shorten, I don't remember Labor shifting blame onto the Libs (if I'm ignorant/wrong, anyone, please provide the link so I can read up on it).

That action there is a massive difference in political outlook, morality, and ownership of your problems.

Labor has made a quota to get more females into their cabinet. They have a 50-50 quota and with a 50-50 quota, these old "school boy" behaviours do not have breeding cess pit to grow in because there are more powerful women in place to check that behaviour and stop it from happening. That is a step in the right direction. That is a massive difference in policy to the other party. That is an action of following through with ideals.

There are other aspects, for sure, that are hypocritical, but not in this case. This does not mean it may not happen. It's possible that it exists within Labor as well, it's how you act after it's revealed that's the telling factor.

And then you have people like Bernie Sanders, not a hypocritical bone in his body
Well with Bernie, he MAY have the people's best interest at heart which is why TPTB don't let him get into power.

I honestly believe if you are not corrupt or tow the company line, you will never work your way up (Which is why I always say that trump is a swamp monster otherwise he wouldn't of made POTUS).

Also, my opinion is the best person for the job and not the person with the right genitalia for the job. This rings even more true when it comes down to politics.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not saying there aren't problems, there are heaps of problems. But to equate them on level footing is not right.
I should of clarified better, when I say they are both hypocritical and the same corrupt sides, I mean in all aspects of politics, not just this evil rape bullshit.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I should of clarified better, when I say they are both hypocritical and the same corrupt sides, I mean in all aspects of politics, not just this evil rape bullshit.
Bro look at the policies and vision that were put up in the last election. There's a clear difference in outlook

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro look at the policies and vision that were put up in the last election. There's a clear difference in outlook
I just want politicians to keep their fkn word and actually do their job to serve the people and not just themselves and the ones that line their pockets with dirty money.

I know it's too much to ask... I know there never has and never will be a perfect government but FFS I'll take a semi-decent government, it would be a massive improvement then what we have and have had before.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want politicians to keep their fkn word and actually do their job to serve the people and not just themselves and the ones that line their pockets with dirty money.

I know it's too much to ask... I know there never has and never will be a perfect government but FFS I'll take a semi-decent government, it would be a massive improvement then what we have and have had before.
We all do, but that's a fight on two levels.

1. Pick the party which aligns with your views and fight to get them elected
2. The party you chose, is always open to corruption, every single day, so join that party and fight to keep it's integrity

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We all do, but that's a fight on two levels.

1. Pick the party which aligns with your views and fight to get them elected
2. The party you chose, is always open to corruption, every single day, so join that party and fight to keep it's integrity
Kind of reminds me of that female politician who's slogan was "keep the bastards honest" then she joined the bastards. Her name escapes me...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fkn oath! I honestly can't see it happening sadly.
But that's the point of the 50-50 quota, break those structures first and then let it be best person for the job

Kind of reminds me of that female politician who's slogan was "keep the bastards honest" then she joined the bastards. Her name escapes me...
Natasha Stott Despoja I think her name was

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But that's the point of the 50-50 quota, break those structures first and then let it be best person for the job

Natasha Stott Despoja I think her name was
I think it was before NSD.

Give me a sec I'll try to find out.

EDIT it was Cheryl Kernot

Status
Not open for further replies.