Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been too busy to follow it closely but I heard something about it on the news while driving. Apparently a Cabinet Minister allegedly raped a woman (pretty violently) and she kept a diary about it and reported it to several people in office, then eventually she killed herself.

Didn't get the whole story though.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I have been too busy to follow it closely but I heard something about it on the news while driving. Apparently a Cabinet Minister allegedly raped a woman (pretty violently) and she kept a diary about it and reported it to several people in office, then eventually she killed herself.

It’s awful if true. And if it is true, then I hope whoever did it rots in jail.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Remember shows like Fast Forward, Martin Molloy and Full Frontal? They constantly put shit on politicians but it was actually funny.

Thanks for doing my research for me but it’s too one sided for my liking :grinning:
Yes yhey were top shows. All.the comedy shows are sub par these days by comparison.

That guy is pretty sad I know...I just put it up bc it was topical.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes yhey were top shows. All.the comedy shows are sub par these days by comparison.

That guy is pretty sad I know...I just put it up bc it was topical.
Yeah I agree. I think a lot of comedians are scared of what they say with this cancel culture rubbish so it’s easier to just jump on the same bandwagon as everyone else and make Trump jokes etc rather than edgy comedy that’s actually funny and original

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ill let it play out and see what comes of it.
The alegations are bad if true.
Could it be the accusations about Shorten? Says it's historical as well so might be.

I thought it had been investigated by police tho. Might be someone else.

I guess Abbott's accuser will come back too now.

Gees what a workplace and a dodgy bunch that seek to be politicians.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I think a lot of comedians are scared of what they say with this cancel culture rubbish so it’s easier to just jump on the same bandwagon as everyone else and make Trump jokes etc rather than edgy comedy that’s actually funny and original
I just don't think the calibre is there.

There's no new Eric Bana's, Magda, Steve Vizard, Marg Downeys etc coming through.

But I suppose if there's no opportunities except for a 3 minute skit tacked onto the end of a show every week?

Shame... those shows you mentioned were iconic memories of Australian kulcher.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just don't think the calibre is there.

There's no new Eric Bana's, Magda, Steve Vizard, Marg Downeys etc coming through.

But I suppose if there's no opportunities except for a 3 minute skit tacked onto the end of a show every week?

Shame... those shows you mentioned were iconic memories of Australian kulcher.
That’s true. I think reality TV has killed television in general. Such a shame

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

She had spoken to Turnbull too and Penny Wong and he says she has 3 diaries and there are 31 pages in her evidence brief.

Watch the 4 Corners show.

A Minister on there was a very nasty piece of work entitled private school misogynist in his younger days.

Apparently she was a brilliant student and had a great career and a lot of well connected professional women friends and several of them are the ones who are prosecuting the publisizing of her experience with this guy.

Christian Porter and Alan Tudge are the subjects of the 4 Corners program but there is a much heavier empathise on Porter. A woman who was at law school with him and is now a Barrister was very critical of him as unsuitable to serve as an Attorney General.

His second marriage just ended. Accused of public affair with staffer and playing up in a Canberra bar. A journalist took a pic of them but must have been Newscorp cos it got buried.

In November when the show first aired he threatened to sue and twitter went off daring him to do it. Crickets from him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone on Twitter?

Louise Milligan
As a law graduate, reporting on legal matters for 21yrs, always advised by lawyers, I’m well across the law. As are lawyers & law graduate friends of complainant, now in highest echelons of business/the arts/law & both side of politics, who informed & wrote this

Miranda Devine: that Murdoch hack
It’s embarrassing for the ABC that @Milliganreports needs to be schooled by lawyers on Twitter on the basics of due process and the law.

Louise Milligan:
Replying to
@Milliganreports
So perhaps inform yourself of the details before going for the cheap sledge. Many of the complainant’s most ardent supporters are both lawyers and lifelong Liberals who have put their ideology aside because this is not about ideology, after all.

Mike Carlton:
It’s only Maddy Devine. Who just recently had to fork out big time for grossly defaming a 9yr old. She is bottomlessly stupid.

Now the pile on has continued on and on. Lol poor Miranda doesn't appear to be well thought of.

With these women friends of the suicide lady, and Brittany Higgins, so well spoken and credible, I dont see Scomo ignoring this one.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone on Twitter?

Louise Milligan
As a law graduate, reporting on legal matters for 21yrs, always advised by lawyers, I’m well across the law. As are lawyers & law graduate friends of complainant, now in highest echelons of business/the arts/law & both side of politics, who informed & wrote this

Miranda Devine: that Murdoch hack
It’s embarrassing for the ABC that @Milliganreports needs to be schooled by lawyers on Twitter on the basics of due process and the law.

Louise Milligan:
Replying to
@Milliganreports
So perhaps inform yourself of the details before going for the cheap sledge. Many of the complainant’s most ardent supporters are both lawyers and lifelong Liberals who have put their ideology aside because this is not about ideology, after all.

Mike Carlton:
It’s only Maddy Devine. Who just recently had to fork out big time for grossly defaming a 9yr old. She is bottomlessly stupid.

Now the pile on has continued on and on. Lol poor Miranda doesn't appear to be well though of.

With these women friends of the suicide lady, and Brittany Higgins, so well spoken and credible, I dont see Scomo ignoring this one.
Nothing to do with my opinion of whether these allegations are credible or not, but Louise Milligan is relatively flawed given her enormous fails with George Pell.

Although I’m not surprised she has such a big ego given the awards she received for her pieces on George Pell which ended up being patently false. But she still has the awards anyway.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Scomo's going to have another crack. How good are vaccines?

Scott Morrison Gets Vaccinated Again In Desperate Attempt To Shift Media Attention

Wearing a Wallabies guernsey, a Matildas scarf and a VB hat, Prime Minister Scott Morrison was this morning vaccinated against COVID-19 for the second time in a week, in a frantic attempt to shift the media’s attention away from the growing list of sexual assault allegations in his party.

Singing Waltzing Matilda while eating a meat pie with sauce, the PM posed for cameras, making sure they had the right shot, before changing into an Australian one day international cricket kit for a second take.

Asked about the accusations of rape within his party, Mr Morrison said it was great to get vaccinated and asked how great was Australia.

“The most important thing that everyone needs to focus on right now – in fact the only thing they need to focus on – is the Prime Minister leading by example and getting vaccinated. This really is the only story,” he said, swapping out his VB hat for a Cronulla Sharks version.

Photos of the vaccination are expected to lead all major news networks today.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She had spoken to Turnbull too and Penny Wong and he says she has 3 diaries and there are 31 pages in her evidence brief.

Watch the 4 Corners show.

A Minister on there was a very nasty piece of work entitled private school misogynist in his younger days.

Apparently she was a brilliant student and had a great career and a lot of well connected professional women friends and several of them are the ones who are prosecuting the publisizing of her experience with this guy.

Christian Porter and Alan Tudge are the subjects of the 4 Corners program but there is a much heavier empathise on Porter. A woman who was at law school with him and is now a Barrister was very critical of him as unsuitable to serve as an Attorney General.

His second marriage just ended. Accused of public affair with staffer and playing up in a Canberra bar. A journalist took a pic of them but must have been Newscorp cos it got buried.

In November when the show first aired he threatened to sue and twitter went off daring him to do it. Crickets from him.
The Liberals have just attempted a "look over there" attempt by bringing up Bill Shorten's allegations of rape that were investigated by Victoria Police (in 2014) and all charges dropped.

All charges dropped could very well mean that there wasn't enough evidence to convict but it could also mean it never happened.

However to bring this up now is a shameless, disgusting attempt at "both sides"-ing this and trying to deflect attention.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Liberals have just attempted a "look over there" attempt by bringing up Bill Shorten's allegations of rape that were investigated by Victoria Police (in 2014) and all charges dropped.

All charges dropped could very well mean that there wasn't enough evidence to convict but it could also mean it never happened.

However to bring this up now is a shameless, disgusting attempt at "both sides"-ing this and trying to deflect attention.
I know you disagree with what I always say, but seriously both sides are hypocritical fuckwits. They can excuse their side and condemn the other side for the same shit, just to keep the sheep occupied so they stay divided and not look at the more important issues.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Well yeah but anyone who is named has the right to a defence.

If his investigation was ligit (and not some Trumped up internal investigation by corrupt lacky Phil Gartjens from Scomo's own Dept) then let everybody who is under suspicion of sexual/bullying assault be investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.