News Asiata gone ?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another article without direct quotes. So I'll take it as rumour until such time as the club informs us that he's off the roster. It's officially the deadest time of year for NRL journalists. So I assume that any articles without a quote are just space fillers and are questionable.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These guys usually have very few career options and to blow his future in such a way is complete stupidity.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These guys usually have very few career options and to blow his future in such a way is complete stupidity.
I'm actually not crucifying him either same as Caveman, sacrificing a pretty good earn yes but is sticking to his beliefs as in what he thinks is right, also no skin off the clubs nose can be easily replaced but no rush to do so..for us another spot opens up maybe for a train and trial or development guy to kill it over summer and get a contract.
Also assume he has given his family full consideration in the decision, so adios Johnno..

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually not crucifying him either same as Caveman, sacrificing a pretty good earn yes but is sticking to his beliefs in what he thinks is right no skin off the clubs nose easily replaced no rush to do so.
Also assume he has given his family full consideration in the decision, so adios Johnno..
Yes agreed but It will be a decision he will ultimately regret when he is working on some meaningless job to make ends meet and wondering, "what if..."

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes agreed but It will be a decision he will ultimately regret when he is working on some meaningless job to make ends meet and wondering, "what if..."
Possibly but this is why i assume he has given it enough consideration..too bad not sad if he hasn't, may also have a few bob in the kick too from a number of years playing idk.
Some people just don't want to get jabbed atm I don't support it but do understand it and it is their right.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
I'm actually not crucifying him either same as Caveman, sacrificing a pretty good earn yes but is sticking to his beliefs as in what he thinks is right, also no skin off the clubs nose can be easily replaced but no rush to do so..for us another spot opens up maybe for a train and trial or development guy to kill it over summer and get a contract.
Well put.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember a player of Polynesian descent who got in strife for saying (it might have even been Nigel Vagnan, if not I apologize) words to the effect that the islander boys have few real opportunities to make a good living, and Leauge, union and or boxing are the best opportunities for many.
This is what I'm driving at, he could well be throwing a great opportunity away to build a solid future for no good reasion.

Last edited:

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Asiata wouldnt have played even if he was vaccinated

His recently neck surgery takes like 12 months to recover from