News Asiata gone ?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXTRACT

NRL anti-vaxxers: 15 players put their 2022 season at risk

Some football clubs, who survive from the financial coffers of their leagues club or affiliated clubs, like the Panthers, Sharks and Bulldogs, are preparing to mandate vaccination on their own accord.

The boards of each club believe it would be negligible to ask patrons to show a vaccination passport to enter their leagues club, yet their star footballers without a vaccination are free to train and play, in some cases, directly across the road.

In simple terms, it’s a case of, get the jab or get the sack, for those three clubs.

Such is the case, Canterbury recruit John Asiata has already told Bulldogs officials to plan without him in 2022.

The Dogs, given their delicate salary cap juggle, haven’t needed to be told twice by Asiata to wait – already shifting the forward’s $180,000 contract on their spreadsheet into another column for another player.

Alternatively, it gives reason why English prop-forward Luke Thompson, widely-known as an anti-vaxxer, is understood to have received his first jab – de-risking his $725,000 contract.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seems like it…
Disappointing considering he’s only on 180k , wonder who they’ll go after now… surely a number 9.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Shame as he was a good value signing. Although he was also a risk due to his recent run of neck injuries. I would promote someone like Kurtis Morrin who appears to be a Victor Radley type player or leave the spot open in case of injuries.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Shame as he was a good value signing. Although he was also a risk due to his recent run of neck injuries. I would promote someone like Kurtis Morrin who appears to be a Victor Radley type player or leave the spot open in case of injuries.
Yeh I think he would of added something nice to our attack so it is a shame

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say it will.be one of the train and trial players that impress in preseason.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crazy to think Asiata is on 180.. I would of thought minimum at most due to his history with injuries

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame he’s gone,but he’s done what suits John Asiata best of luck to him.