News Asiata gone ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing is not every building site checks for vaccinations. He won’t be allowed on the big government building sites and the tier 1 job sites but getting onto Duplex sites and smaller residential sites he will have no issues.

plus it’s easy to get a fake vaccination passport nobody looks into it. Point is many loop holes in the real world..

anyway this proves he is a goose I want him sacked immediately encouraging this crap is annoying.
When his co workers inevitably find out he’s unvaxed a lot of them won’t work with him. It’s a big risk trying a fake vaccination certificate, gaol time is very possible.

He‘s a high profile unvaxer so pretty unlikely that he won’t get recognised and the media will then crucify whoever he is working for.

Always a Bulldog

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dissenting Dog gone
This column broke the news two weeks ago about John Asiata’s stance on vaccination and explained his reluctance to get a COVID-19 jab. There has been a lot of speculation about Asiata’s status since then. We can reveal the Dogs sent him a letter of termination about a week ago because he told them he would not get vaccinated.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So, does that mean we've got spots in the 30 for Kikau and Mahoney now?
Official NRL.com list shows 31, so when Tui Katoa & John Asiata are gone it will leave one vacant spot.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The Canterbury Bulldogs have reportedly issued John Asiata a letter of termination due to his refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccination.

Despite recently signing a one-year deal with Canterbury, Asiata's playing future has remained in doubt with the Bulldogs taking on its own mandate for all players.

Nine's Danny Weidler wrote in the Sydney Morning Herald today that the club last week issued the 28-year-old with a letter of termination over his refusal to get vaccinated.

As it stands, the AFL is the only major sporting organisation in the country to enforce a COVID-19 mandate on players and staff.

While the NRL hasn't gone down that path, it is expected that state border restrictions as well as travelling to New Zealand will cause headaches for unvaccinated players.

Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warburton reiterated last week that the club wasn't interested in allowing any players without the jab.

"We won't have someone in our squad that can't fulfil their contractual obligations," Warburton told the SMH. "And if they can't fulfil that, then they won't be there next year."

Asiata to date has played 138 NRL games between the Cowboys and Broncos since making his debut in 2014.

NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said earlier this month that the NRL playing group was more than 95 per cent vaccinated heading into next season.

"The clubs have done a terrific job," Abdo said.

"We're at well over 95 per cent vaccination rate now across the playing group, which is terrific. Some clubs are at 100 per cent.

"Whilst we haven't mandated vaccinations, we have been incredibly strong in educating and facilitating as many players as possible getting vaccinated, and the players and clubs have responded."

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
will be a lot more than just him that will be gone, NRL have set the rules, they now have to be followed
can see this getting very messy when it comes to a big star that doesn't want the vax

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe you thought that your comment was in any way ambiguous or needed explination to anyone with the ability to read it.
If Thompson was to be forced out by the club along with Asiata over something so ridiculous. I would disagree strongly with the clubs attitude and stance. I couldn't support any organisation, whose principles I strongly disagree with. It's called integrity. It had nothing to do with Thompson the player in particular.
But thanks for being magnanimous enough to let me leave if I wanted to.
I dont blame any club for wanting to cut players for not vexing. And its nothing to do my or their opinions about vaccinations.

It basically is ALL about Victoria, Qld and NZ saying they wont let unvaxed players play. So paying big dollars for a player who can't travel isn't constructive use of the salary cap.

Thats why the nrl haven't mandated vaccinations. Coz they know the states and nz wont let unvaxed players play anyway. And they know clubs are unlikely to keep players on who can't play half their matches. So they can sit back and not be part of the argument