Article (The Aust) : Underage footy sex preying alleged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So they have conflicting stories. That can only mean one thing.

He is automatically telling the truth and she is automatically lying;)
Aha and there's the point. We dont know who is lying and who isnt, but the whole time you have insinuated hers is the correct story, its what you have based all your arguments around.

Im inclined to believe his story, to me it fits in with her actions alot better.

Since we are believing different sides of the story we are at a stalemate, so not much point debating this any further.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting away from the sex side of it all, just watching johns' body language and what not in that interview, he'd ought to watch himself. he strikes me as the type to top himself...

smpd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have found this thread entirely fascinating. I have found the range of views and depth of analysis around causes, fault, and retribution much stronger than most media handling of these sorts of issues.

Without reference to the particular case at hand, it seems that in the age where the role models of "sex and the city" and "two and a half men" are teaching morals then any such outcome can be expected. Far from the time of "Damned Whores and Gods Police", perhaps the responsibility, now, is on men in general to take the moral leadership in these matters.

Regardless of what is legal, consensual, or otherwise behind closed doors, is the message that I infer from this thread that this behaviour is out of step with general expectation?

Personally, I think it was all a very long time ago and people should move on.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
getting away from the sex side of it all, just watching johns' body language and what not in that interview, he'd ought to watch himself. he strikes me as the type to top himself...
If she does not shoot him first :p

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Aha and there's the point. We dont know who is lying and who isnt, but the whole time you have insinuated hers is the correct story, its what you have based all your arguments around.

Im inclined to believe his story, to me it fits in with her actions alot better.

Since we are believing different sides of the story we are at a stalemate, so not much point debating this any further.
So if we have two conflicting stories and don't know who to believe what evidence do we look at?

1) We know that she consented to the first 2 players. Undisputed.

2) We know that up to 10 other players appeared unannounced after proceeding began. This included climbing through bathroom windows (An unlikely entry point if invited). Undisputed.

3) We know that a naked 19 year old confronted by up to 12 large footballers either in the process of sexual contact or masturbating is a dramatically different power and coersively intimidating and even threatening situation than simply 2 persons who you have already given consent to.

4) Overall consent is disputed and this was the nature of the complaint to the police. On one side we have a single 19 year old girl on the other we have a close knit sporting team including officials.

5) We know that the girl was extremely traumatised by the events. Undisputed by both sides and confirmed by the police at the time of the complaint, a later diagnosis of PTS and at least 3 clinically verified suicide attempts.

6) We know that the police have nothing further to investigate unless someone comes out and changes their story. Physical evidence of rape is virtually identical to the evidence of consensual sex if the act was not in itself physically violent.

7) We know that Matthew Johns apologised to the girl immediately after the incident. Undisputed.

I believe that point 7 is the key point for determining the probability of truth. His actions are far more consistent with the knowledge that something had just occurred which had gotten way out of hand.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry but DJ1's arguements are the clearest i have heard on the matter.

I would love to see what you would all be saying if you didnt all see Matty Johns a couple of times every week on t.v in a suit.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sorry but DJ1's arguements are the clearest i have heard on the matter.

I would love to see what you would all be saying if you didnt all see Matty Johns a couple of times every week on t.v in a suit.
I would love to see your opinion on the fact that she only picked on the player who has a public profile still.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I'm so disillusioned !

I'm gonna enjoy the game tomorrow and come back to this with a fresh head on and re-evaluate.
WOW CK, maybe in future you'll see that sometimes people who make claims about popular football players aren't always so innocent and honest? Not having a go at you mate but I just knew from the very start that she couldn't of been telling the truth otherwise she would of said it 7 years earlier, she got found out from her friends for the slut she was all I can say to her is SUCK ****.

Poor Matt, lost his job, career and everything and had his reputation dragged through the mud honestly, I feel VERY sorry for him, all because of some ***** who wouldn't even say who she was.

Her friend would know the truth more than any doctor she saw years later.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if we have two conflicting stories and don't know who to believe what evidence do we look at?

1) We know that she consented to the first 2 players. Undisputed.

2) We know that up to 10 other players appeared unannounced after proceeding began. This included climbing through bathroom windows (An unlikely entry point if invited). Undisputed.

3) We know that a naked 19 year old confronted by up to 12 large footballers either in the process of sexual contact or masturbating is a dramatically different power and coersively intimidating and even threatening situation than simply 2 persons who you have already given consent to.

4) Overall consent is disputed and this was the nature of the complaint to the police. On one side we have a single 19 year old girl on the other we have a close knit sporting team including officials.

5) We know that the girl was extremely traumatised by the events. Undisputed by both sides and confirmed by the police at the time of the complaint, a later diagnosis of PTS and at least 3 clinically verified suicide attempts.

6) We know that the police have nothing further to investigate unless someone comes out and changes their story. Physical evidence of rape is virtually identical to the evidence of consensual sex if the act was not in itself physically violent.

7) We know that Matthew Johns apologised to the girl immediately after the incident. Undisputed.

I believe that point 7 is the key point for determining the probability of truth. His actions are far more consistent with the knowledge that something had just occurred which had gotten way out of hand.
1) Yes

2) So she says.

3) True. However if you are uncomfortable in that situation you leave. I know if im scared of something, i dam well run from it. The fact she stayed says alot.

4) If she is claiming there was no overall consent then wouldnt that be rape? She never claimed they raped her. Doesnt make sense to me.

5) BS on her being traumatised. The only reason Matty Johns is saying it is becasue he has been publically pressured. He says sorry, but she was a willing participant etc etc, thats not a real sorry because he feels his only crimes were stupidity and infedelity.

6) Once again she isnt claiming rape. You really need to get that rape thing out of your head, its starting to worry me.

7) See point 5

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm going to post in here what I posted in the other thread upon this latest "revelation" /development.

One person's word against anothers.

Who says this lady is right with what she is saying? Who says the girl at the centre of the "event" is right with what she is saying?

I think too many people react too much to what someone comes out and says in the media on both sides of the argument.

I don't particularly care either way, I think the way this has all been handled and perpetuated is a disgrace and I think the sweeping speculations and judgements that are made by the public based on quotes from one or two individuals are laughable.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly right.. which is why morals play no part in the judicial system.

Now people are also saying that Mathew Johns should have been aware of the girls mental state. So they expect him to be a mind reader as well ...
in a court of law that wouldnt hold water as you are unable to make a statement as to what someone may be thinking for the simple fact that you wouldnt know and cant be expected to. The only indicators he could use were her actions and words, neither of which led him or anyone else to believe she was experiencing any trauma.

yeah i have to agree....

you cannot say her silence was her not consenting...

and as for tracy's question..."werent u thinking she could be someones sister" or whatever...

anyone thats having relations with a girl....is that what you think of?

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
coming up on the 9 news they are revealing the players involved

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The owner of the hotel the girl worked at has now backed up what the other co worker has said.

He has also said that the girl in question was also bragging about how she shagged 2 rugby players in the toilet the night before the Cronulla incident.

Hell, the girls own family knew nothing about it until channel 9 contacted them.

Dirty lying slut, and all you that blindly believed every word the ***** said and got on your high horse should be ashamed of yourself. A familys life is now in tatters because of grotty sensationlist journalism.

At least I know who the media driven sheep on here are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.