Article (The Aust) : Underage footy sex preying alleged

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But why should they come forward, Luke? So the media have another excuse to drag this out for another 2 weeks? It is unfair on Johns but we need this topic to die down ASAP.

It's getting repetative and his wife doesn't need constant reminders of one of the most painful parts of her life.

That's all I care about in this whole situation. His wife and kids. EVERYONE else can get fuct as far as I'm concerned.

'gaz' phillips

Waterboy
Reaction score
girl particpates willingly and then regrets it cause she didnt get wat she wanted out of it, so creates a sob story 7 years later !!!!! to become a victim. END OF STORY..

group sex: illegall? no, only issue out of this story is he cheated on his wife, which to me is extremely scummy but doesnt warrant media attention except in the gossip section

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No offence - I whole-heartedly support DJ and anyone who is thinking along those lines. The beliefs you promote equally amazes me (cant speak for DJ) !

We're just products of different environments, experiences and educations.

Very touchy issue - Very difficult to find common ground when both sets of opinions are so strong !
Very true.

Spot

Waterboy
Reaction score
The other thing that bothers me about this is that the girl actually lodged a complaint at the time and the police deemed it necessary to investigate the matter. Now I may be drawing a long bow here but I can imagine that the sharks players would all come out and say it was consensual and the police in that case would have told the girl that it was her word against theirs and that she stood very little chance of a conviction.

Now in this case I can understand how the girl would have felt let down by the system and become suicidal. It also makes sense why Johns apologised to her after the event. I note that he claimed in his interview that it was consensual throughout and at this stage must take his word for it but somehow things just don't add up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other thing that bothers me about this is that the girl actually lodged a complaint at the time and the police deemed it necessary to investigate the matter. Now I may be drawing a long bow here but I can imagine that the sharks players would all come out and say it was consensual and the police in that case would have told the girl that it was her word against theirs and that she stood very little chance of a conviction.

Now in this case I can understand how the girl would have felt let down by the system and become suicidal. It also makes sense why Johns apologised to her after the event. I note that he claimed in his interview that it was consensual throughout and at this stage must take his word for it but somehow things just don't add up.
You guys are implying so much.

One simple question:

Does she now, all of these years later say she was raped? Does she say she didn't consent?

No?

Then if she doesn't say as much seven years later when she is so irate, upset and emotional at all involved now then how could it be the case? Why would she not say it was rape or an attack now if it was?

She gives an exposay, tell all interview and she just left that minor detail of rape and assault out?

Why do you guys just not want to believe the established stated facts confirmed by all parties?

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Police base an entire investigation on her word v his? Come on - police are not that incompetent.

A lot more goes into the investigation of Rape - esp something that is reported so soon after the event.

Had she reported it years later, then yes it becomes her word v his.

Johns was found innocent along with the other players - as well as the woman in question never stating it was not consensual - so why are you all making them out to be ******s.

You have no idea why johns apologised after nor do you have any idea why she decided to tell her story seven years later. You (well not you in particular but those on her sayign so) like us as you claim are making assumptions.

What they did - yes was disgusting, but it was not illegal. Whatever they enjoy of a sexual nature is no ones business but their own.

Matthew Johns is nothing but a pure scapegoat so the NRL look like they are doing something about this. He and his teammates were investigated 7 years ago and nothing was done to punish them - so why is he being crucified now? The only person Matthew Johns should be answering to is his wife for cheating on her.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
But why should they come forward, Luke? So the media have another excuse to drag this out for another 2 weeks? It is unfair on Johns but we need this topic to die down ASAP.

It's getting repetative and his wife doesn't need constant reminders of one of the most painful parts of her life.

That's all I care about in this whole situation. His wife and kids. EVERYONE else can get fuct as far as I'm concerned.

because imo you don't let another one man take the entire wrap for something that you participated in as well, its showing that even though you may have done wrong you are willing to show some character and not let someone take all the heat especially in a situation where you either are or were friends at the time, i was brought up with old school values in relation to mateship and as far as i'm concerned these men/boys have done more wrong by letting matty take the wrap then gangbanging that girl in nz.

Spot

Waterboy
Reaction score

One simple question:

Does she now, all of these years later say she was raped? Does she say she didn't consent?

No?

Then if she doesn't say as much seven years later when she is so irate, upset and emotional at all involved now then how could it be the case? Why would she not say it was rape or an attack now if it was?

She gives an exposay, tell all interview and she just left that minor detail of rape and assault out?

Why do you guys just not want to believe the established stated facts confirmed by all parties?
Totally valid points and I don't have ready answers. I don't know what the original complaint was but my point is that it never had much chance of succeeding with a whole club against her.

Spot

Waterboy
Reaction score
Police base an entire investigation on her word v his? Come on - police are not that incompetent.

A lot more goes into the investigation of Rape - esp something that is reported so soon after the event.

Had she reported it years later, then yes it becomes her word v his.

Johns was found innocent along with the other players - as well as the woman in question never stating it was not consensual - so why are you all making them out to be ******s.

You have no idea why johns apologised after nor do you have any idea why she decided to tell her story seven years later. You (well not you in particular but those on her sayign so) like us as you claim are making assumptions.

What they did - yes was disgusting, but it was not illegal. Whatever they enjoy of a sexual nature is no ones business but their own.

Matthew Johns is nothing but a pure scapegoat so the NRL look like they are doing something about this. He and his teammates were investigated 7 years ago and nothing was done to punish them - so why is he being crucified now? The only person Matthew Johns should be answering to is his wife for cheating on her.
Call me naive but I don't know what else police would have to go on in this case unless somebody filmed it! She could have a medical but all it would confirm was that she had sex, so yes I'd assume all thaey have to go on was her word against theirs.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Not really.

Then if she doesn't say as much seven years later when she is so irate, upset and emotional at all involved ......
Guilt. Regret. Self-loathing in her own naivety. Confusion.
I do not recall her or anyone using the word "rape" in that interview. Her claims are based on being taken advantage of and pressured.

I do NOT believe established facts confirmed by all parties "from the 40-strong team of indivduals from Cronulla Sharks".

We've heard those all before. From the Broncos in the dunnies. And sadly also from our own club ! It just doesn't wash with me anymore.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
because imo you don't let another one man take the entire wrap for something that you participated in as well, its showing that even though you may have done wrong you are willing to show some character and not let someone take all the heat especially in a situation where you either are or were friends at the time, i was brought up with old school values in relation to mateship and as far as i'm concerned these men/boys have done more wrong by letting matty take the wrap then gangbanging that girl in nz.
While I agree 100% with that, I fear the more men that come forward the more and more and more this will drag out. If all seven men, six remaining, came forward this could go on for another 6 weeks. 1 week for each man.

This alone has been dragged out for almost 2 weeks. I find it highly unfair for Mathhew's wife to re-live all this hell and I feel for his kids who have to go to school and put up with this crap. They shouldn't have to cop all that just so the media can fuel their flavour of the month. I hnestly don't give a rats about Johns or the ganga. I really don't.

Australia needs to get off its high horse and think about who this matter is really effecting. His wife and kids.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
What's done is done, and i'm no angel so i'll refrain from commenting on issues of morality and the like. What I find interesting is that 4 Corners actively pursued this woman to dig up the dirt of many years past. Now we all know what side the ABC leans to, so is it any suprise that this story 'broke' in Budget Week?

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
ke i agree 100% on the wife and kids issue the whole media beat up on the moral argument goes out the window when they are willing to drag a family through this crap

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
ke i agree 100% on the wife and kids issue the whole media beat up on the moral argument goes out the window when they are willing to drag a family through this crap
So are you saying that the moral argument goes out the window whilst the Sharks players are coming through it?

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Call me naive but I don't know what else police would have to go on in this case unless somebody filmed it! She could have a medical but all it would confirm was that she had sex, so yes I'd assume all thaey have to go on was her word against theirs.
So all rape cases based on his v her words - then why bother? A lot more is investigated and if you paid close attention to the bulldogs saga you would know.

Ie. DNA Tests, Signs of Struggle - excessive amounts of hair/skin under nails, vaginal tearing, body fluids, bruising just to name some of the things they check...

Spot

Waterboy
Reaction score
So all rape cases based on his v her words - then why bother? A lot more is investigated and if you paid close attention to the bulldogs saga you would know.

Ie. DNA Tests, Signs of Struggle - excessive amounts of hair/skin under nails, vaginal tearing, body fluids, bruising just to name some of the things they check...
I don't recall saying that this was typical of all rape cases and I didn't even say that this was a rape case. Please understand that whatever her complaint against these men was, it ultimately must have to come down to her word against theirs as most of the other evidence you mention above was a by product of the encounter.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So are you saying that the moral argument goes out the window whilst the Sharks players are coming through it?
Who cares about the other men? Australia needs to get off it's high horse, FFS.

People are so worried about morals and ethics they get so full of themselves and forget about who this is really effecting.

As I said before, his wife and kids don't deserve any of this crap AT ALL. Kids should be kids. Go to school, learn, have fun, experience being a kid. Why should they hear about what their old man did seven years ago?

Don't get me started on his poor wife who is the REAL victim in all this. Not some guy who can't keep it in his pants or some attention seeking ganga.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares about the other men? Australia needs to get off it's high horse, FFS.

People are so worried about morals and ethics they get so full of themselves and forget about who this is really effecting.

As I said before, his wife and kids don't deserve any of this crap AT ALL. Kids should be kids. Go to school, learn, have fun, experience being a kid. Why should they hear about what their old man did seven years ago?

Don't get me started on his poor wife who is the REAL victim in all this. Not some guy who can't keep it in his pants or some attention seeking ganga.
Well said KE.

I swear some of the people on here live in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane in Happy-Land. They have never done anything morally or ethically wrong in their lives and sex is still a dirty word to them.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
She is a glorified slut. They want to talk about cleaning up the league culture yet the spokesperson for it all is a lady who knowingly and willingly seeks players just too hook up with them. She should grow up and stop living in denial and go home and look after her kids.

Then she talks about how she wants to stop the culture and is speaking out about it for that reason. Well then report your rape - because one way to stop it happening again to someone else, would for someone to be charged.

The girls know what the players want - if they stupidly believe they will get more from it, is it the players faults? Not to mention, how many guys do this on a weekly basis at nightclubs? Sweet talk a chick, buy her a few drinks, take her home and never call again after that night. If you are going to get into bed with a guy straight off the bat - can you expect much from it? Really?
Not only a glorified slut but if she is organising other women to sleep with the players is she also a glorified pimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.