Official Arthur Laundy is a vital cog in the Bulldogs' wheel

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
In other threads on The Kennel most of us are trusting and having confidence in Gus to hire the right coach, manage the salary cap, buy the right players (and get rid of the duds), control the media, re-sign Burton and basically bring the Dogs back to where we belong. So if he wants Laundy on board, I’m all in with it.
They are just fragile because they were wrong. When Laundy made his comments about Baz, they were adamant Gus wouldn’t stand for it. They lack realism. A major sponsor is never easy to replace when a team is fighting back from the bottom. And Laundy brings more to the table than your average major sponsor.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rather than being rude and resorting to ad hominem attacks, why don’t you try to explain to me again how I was wrong about Elliott?
Cmon bro, Elliot's talent wasn't worth the trouble, he can go be mediocre somewhere else. No club would of kept him on our circumstances. The Lichaa incident, the Mad Monday incident and the toilet incident. By themselves are nothing bit collectively is a poor look for the club. Not to mention I am sure there are many issues that never made the news that the club are aware of.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cmon bro, Elliot's talent wasn't worth the trouble, he can go be mediocre somewhere else. No club would of kept him on our circumstances. The Lichaa incident, the Mad Monday incident and the toilet incident. By themselves are nothing bit collectively is a poor look for the club. Not to mention I am sure there are many issues that never made the news that the club are aware of.
So now you’re convicting him of incidents we aren’t even aware of?

We’ll never agree about this, mate. Elliott is not playing mediocre footy. Since broking down the starting lock position he is averaging over 130m and 30 tackles a game. He is busting tackles, making good post contact metres and has even shown his versatility by filling in at hooker. That’s not mediocre, by any stretch of the imagination.

He wasn’t let go of because of his behaviour, IMO. Clubs have protected players over incidents that were much worse. He was let go because Gus didn’t think he was worth what we were paying him. Proof that as shrewd as he is. Gus sometimes gets things wrong too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rather than being rude and resorting to ad hominem attacks, why don’t you try to explain to me again how I was wrong about Elliott?
You've been attacking everyone all thread for "keeping their head in the sand" and just said that you're never wrong because you decided that you're not wrong.. That's really objective and balanced of you..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was let go because Gus didn’t think he was worth what we were paying him. Proof that as shrewd as he is. Gus sometimes gets things wrong too.
Gus was 100000% right

Elliot is not worth more than 300k

You can harp on as much as you want about elliot doing good at raiders, that's because he's only ever been able to make metres when it's a forward pack that's already on the front foot. Given how big raiders forward pack is, it's not surprise elliot is playing his usual game off quick play the balls from another forward who's already done the heavy lifting

What we were paying elliot, we needed him to do that for us, and he can't, he gets dominated in level pegging.

Gus was 10000% spot on in sending him packing.

TPJ, Max King, ava, RFM even hetherington provided far superior performances for us than what elliot did

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You've been attacking everyone all thread for "keeping their head in the sand" and just said that you're never wrong because you decided that you're not wrong.. That's really objective and balanced of you..
Lol when people continually refuse to accept facts or realities which are staring them in the face, telling them they have their heads buried in the sand isn’t exactly unreasonable.

You call me delusional, but the reality is, I’ve been right more often than wrong when it has come to my controversial stances and statements.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol when people continually refuse to accept facts or realities which are staring them in the face, telling them they have their heads buried in the sand isn’t exactly unreasonable.

You call me delusional, but the reality is, I’ve been right more often than wrong when it has come to my controversial stances and statements.
Definitely QANTAS.. Definitely QANTAS.. I'm an excellent driver...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Gus was 100000% right

Elliot is not worth more than 300k

You can harp on as much as you want about elliot doing good at raiders, that's because he's only ever been able to make metres when it's a forward pack that's already on the front foot. Given how big raiders forward pack is, it's not surprise elliot is playing his usual game off quick play the balls from another forward who's already done the heavy lifting

What we were paying elliot, we needed him to do that for us, and he can't, he gets dominated in level pegging.

Gus was 10000% spot on in sending him packing.

TPJ, Max King, ava, RFM even hetherington provided far superior performances for us than what elliot did
He has been consistently among the raiders best 2-3 forwards all year (or at least since he started being named at lock.)

He didn’t underachieve here because he can’t compete on level pegging. He underachieved because he was consistently played out of position, was battling personal problems and was often guilty of overplaying his hand because the team was hopeless and somebody had to try to make something happen. But even here, he always showed glimpses of what he was capable of. He is a 500k player any day of the week and may well be worth even more in the future.

If he wasn’t bloody good, he wouldn’t be starting at lock in that forward pack. Doing the hard yards so players like Horsburgh can take advantage later in the game. Calling him a coat tail rider when he is constantly out performing and producing better stats than most other players in the pack is just dopey, mate. He is consistently among the top 2 SuperCoach earners in his team. And he starts and helps set the tone. Also, I think you’ll find his post tge bell speeds are actually pretty quick compared to some of his fellow forwards.

Just admit you were wrong. You’ll sleep better once it’s off your chest.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He has been consistently among the raiders best 2-3 forwards all year (or at least since he started being named at lock.)

He didn’t underachieve here because he can’t compete on level pegging. He underachieved because he was consistently played out of position, was battling personal problems and was often guilty of overplaying his hand because the team was hopeless and somebody had to try to make something happen. But even here, he always showed glimpses of what he was capable of. He is a 500k player any day of the week and may well be worth even more in the future.

If he wasn’t bloody good, he wouldn’t be starting at lock in that forward pack. Doing the hard yards so players like Horsburgh can take advantage later in the game. Calling him a coat tail rider when he is constantly out performing and producing better stats than most other players in the pack is just dopey, mate. He is consistently among the top 2 SuperCoach earners in his team. And he starts and helps set the tone. Also, I think you’ll find his post tge bell speeds are actually pretty quick compared to some of his fellow forwards.

Just admit you were wrong. You’ll sleep better once it’s off your chest.
Nope

I have a his whole career at dogs as proof of what I'm saying about his ability

You again have him riding on the coat tails of papalii and tapine

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
From James Hooper, Fox Sports dot com dot ay you....link to full article below

Canterbury boss Phil Gould has broken bread with the powerful Laundy family, the Bulldogs major sponsor.

The Laundy’s were initially unimpressed when they were left out of the loop about Trent Barrett being moved on from the club.

Gould has since had a sit down with the family patriarch Arthur Laundy and the relationship is back to being extremely strong.

Hotel baron Laundy was the architect who initially got Gus back into the fold at Belmore with a view to fixing the club’s ongoing poor results.

The Laundy’s are now currently in negotiations about extending their tenure as the major sponsor at Canterbury-Bankstown.

The next challenge for the Bulldogs will be working out a way to try and retain NSW State of Origin centre Matt Burton beyond next year.

The Laundy’s played a major role in bringing Burton to Belmore with Arthur travelling to his hometown of Dubbo to meet his parents.

Burton’s management has told the Bulldogs he will not be taking up the option in his contract for a third season at Canterbury-Bankstown in 2024 until he knows who the club’s new coach is going to be.

A few important takeaways from this, la familiars:

1. Gus and the current board definitely want the Laundys around and see them as a key part of the club's future
2. The Laundys remain committed to the club and appear to be on the verge of inking a new deal
3. Arthur Laundy was one of the architects involved in bringing Gus to the club
4. The Laundys played a key role in convincing Burton to choose our club and will hopefully play a key role in him choosing to extend his stay

Many of you like to say Laundy is "just a sponsor" and should just shut up and give us his money. The reality is, he is much more than just a sponsor. He is a very shrewd businessman who played a vital role in landing the best footy brain in the business as our GM of football, as well as recruiting our best player. He has also pumped a shitload of money into this club. So next time, before you label him as a bargain bin Politis, take a moment to reflect on what he has already done for the club, and where the club might be without him. I'd say at very least, Gus would not be our GM. If Gus was not our GM, we probably wouldn't have recruited Kikau or Reed. We may or may not have ended up landing Burton without Uncle Arthur's help, but without the three aforementioned names, we'd be much less likely to retain him.

Arthur Laundy is paying US to make our club better. If he wants to sound off in the media from time to time, it's a very small price to pay.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/402141f570d81033631aa5fb2be33a31
Flanagun it continues to amaze me how I completely disagree with everything you say

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So now you’re convicting him of incidents we aren’t even aware of?

We’ll never agree about this, mate. Elliott is not playing mediocre footy. Since broking down the starting lock position he is averaging over 130m and 30 tackles a game. He is busting tackles, making good post contact metres and has even shown his versatility by filling in at hooker. That’s not mediocre, by any stretch of the imagination.

He wasn’t let go of because of his behaviour, IMO. Clubs have protected players over incidents that were much worse. He was let go because Gus didn’t think he was worth what we were paying him. Proof that as shrewd as he is. Gus sometimes gets things wrong too.
not convicting him bro. all footy players have incidents that doesn't make the media.. being young with money etc.

Mediocre probably the wrong word. He is a good first grader - not what we needed. If he is so amazing at the raiders how come they didnt pull out all stops to sign him

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nope

I have a his whole career at dogs as proof of what I'm saying about his ability

You again have him riding on the coat tails of papalii and tapine
So sad to see you refusing to admit when you’re wrong. Lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
not convicting him bro. all footy players have incidents that doesn't make the media.. being young with money etc.

Mediocre probably the wrong word. He is a good first grader - not what we needed. If he is so amazing at the raiders how come they didnt pull out all stops to sign him
They did try to re-sign him. He made it clear he wanted to go to Newcastle to be with his partner. What could they have done about it?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The Laundys extended their sponsorship for another 10 years. Ha! How do you like them apples, hatters?