Official Arthur Laundy is a vital cog in the Bulldogs' wheel

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I got no dramas either bro. I just call bullshit on Laundy as heavily involved in the club. I think his talk through the media is a bad look and comparisons to Politis are laughable. I'm sure we start moving up the ladder we will have sponsors lining up. If Laundy continues awesome, if not so be it.
The truth is probably somewhere in between the media who say he’s a ‘vital cog’ and some fans who say he brings nothing and to get a new major sponsor. I’ve personally never understood any comparison to Politis and I doubt the club sees it that way - Politis is Chair of the Chooks, Laundy is not for the Dogs.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From James Hooper, Fox Sports dot com dot ay you....link to full article below

Canterbury boss Phil Gould has broken bread with the powerful Laundy family, the Bulldogs major sponsor.

The Laundy’s were initially unimpressed when they were left out of the loop about Trent Barrett being moved on from the club.

Gould has since had a sit down with the family patriarch Arthur Laundy and the relationship is back to being extremely strong.

Hotel baron Laundy was the architect who initially got Gus back into the fold at Belmore with a view to fixing the club’s ongoing poor results.

The Laundy’s are now currently in negotiations about extending their tenure as the major sponsor at Canterbury-Bankstown.

The next challenge for the Bulldogs will be working out a way to try and retain NSW State of Origin centre Matt Burton beyond next year.

The Laundy’s played a major role in bringing Burton to Belmore with Arthur travelling to his hometown of Dubbo to meet his parents.

Burton’s management has told the Bulldogs he will not be taking up the option in his contract for a third season at Canterbury-Bankstown in 2024 until he knows who the club’s new coach is going to be.

A few important takeaways from this, la familiars:

1. Gus and the current board definitely want the Laundys around and see them as a key part of the club's future
2. The Laundys remain committed to the club and appear to be on the verge of inking a new deal
3. Arthur Laundy was one of the architects involved in bringing Gus to the club
4. The Laundys played a key role in convincing Burton to choose our club and will hopefully play a key role in him choosing to extend his stay

Many of you like to say Laundy is "just a sponsor" and should just shut up and give us his money. The reality is, he is much more than just a sponsor. He is a very shrewd businessman who played a vital role in landing the best footy brain in the business as our GM of football, as well as recruiting our best player. He has also pumped a shitload of money into this club. So next time, before you label him as a bargain bin Politis, take a moment to reflect on what he has already done for the club, and where the club might be without him. I'd say at very least, Gus would not be our GM. If Gus was not our GM, we probably wouldn't have recruited Kikau or Reed. We may or may not have ended up landing Burton without Uncle Arthur's help, but without the three aforementioned names, we'd be much less likely to retain him.

Arthur Laundy is paying US to make our club better. If he wants to sound off in the media from time to time, it's a very small price to pay.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/402141f570d81033631aa5fb2be33a31
So what does this mean for C.U.B? Mentioned as a new sponsor on another thread.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Arthur Laundy is a vital cog in the Bulldogs' wheel”

And Montoya and Okunbor were great losses to our team.

Woods would’ve become a club legend if he stayed. LOL!

Amazing what a few good wins can do.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So what does this mean for C.U.B? Mentioned as a new sponsor on another thread.
I doubt they are specifically connected as it would be too restricting on the Dogs ability to get the most out of either deal (dollars and/or product) - BUT - if Laundy happens to have a deal with CUB/Asahi for his pubs too, then there may be some synergies for all parties.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I remember when Mitsubishi Electric, NTG, JayCar and even KIA sponsored our club, their key stakeholders had ZERO impact on how our club was run. So why is Arthur having input?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I remember when Mitsubishi Electric, NTG, JayCar and even KIA sponsored our club, their key stakeholders had ZERO impact on how our club was run. So why is Arthur having input?
Size/complexity and ownership of the sponsor.
Arthur is more similar to Gary Johnstone of Jaycar who was known to lean in. The likes of KIA and Mitsubishi Electric are large corporations whose senior executives are either overseas and/or have $1m in the ashtray, whereas the dollars matter a lot more to the little local guy and hence they’ll express their views.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He made that decision before he was even at the club, because by all accounts, Laundy played a major role in convincing Gus to take on the job, too.

You can't buy the type of corporate connections Laundy brings, bro. And the fact he's willing to actually pay to provide them is some kind of deal sweetener. That's why Gus and the board see his support as so important and are willing to make him happy. It doesn't mean they will make compromises for him that shouldn't be made (and they haven't). If they just keep him a bit more in the loop when it comes to future decisions, there won't be an issue.
So you think it was all Laundys idea to bring Gould back to the club? Warburton and the board probably didnt even know who Gould is i suppose? Come on mate, you read an article and suddenly its all due to Laundy? A more like scenario is that Laundy had nothing to do with it, and the board appointed him. But sure, you believe the media, thats fine.
Laundy is a club sponsor, he doesnt sit on the board, he doesnt head our recruitment team, he is just a sponsor. And this is how it should be!
Im happy to have him on board though. His connections are invaluable. But this line that he is responsible for bring Gould back to the club is ficticious!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if he can be, being a major sponsor of the club..... but he will be a very handy link in attracting other third party sponsors from the corporate world, for sure.
Mate Haven't you heard of brown paper bags .....

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Arthur will be a 3rd party sponsor of Matt Burton
I think that’s what we’ll do to resign Burton at a reasonable price. Pay a portion of his contract through 3rd party.

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's hope he stays and can siphon some poker machine money into salary cap free player payment money . . . I only ever drink or gamble at Laundy owned establishments as should you !!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Hooper talks out of his ass but not when it suits your agenda or argument?

It's clear this was a puff piece that Laundy was no doubt behind getting printed. To call him the architect of getting Gus etc is rubbish.

The more likely story is that Gus, Khoury etc sat down with him and told him to stop whinging in the media over and over again otherwise you won't be the sponsor anymore.
Bloody oath mate, Hooper's story has holes in it...Total BS.
1. The persistence of John Khoury the board and the hefty contract are the reason Gus is here, definitely not the Laundys who were brought in by their friends the Andersons, in return Laundy Jnr would become the CEO.
2. Burton was nearly lost to Cronulla for as little as 20k had it been left for Hill to finalize the deal, it was made possible by the intervention of a very modest sponsor " not the Laundys ", I know the people involved and how it all unfolded, but I won't elaborate.
And people still believe News Lies unLtd...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Hooper talks out of his ass but not when it suits your agenda or argument?

It's clear this was a puff piece that Laundy was no doubt behind getting printed. To call him the architect of getting Gus etc is rubbish.

The more likely story is that Gus, Khoury etc sat down with him and told him to stop whinging in the media over and over again otherwise you won't be the sponsor anymore.
The whole thing is a rehash of what Danny Weidler wrote a week ago too. I saw it at the time and applied some logic and thought it really wasn't worth posting, or discussing.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody oath mate, Hooper's story has holes in it...Total BS.
1. The persistence of John Khoury the board and the hefty contract are the reason Gus is here, definitely not the Laundys who were brought in by their friends the Andersons, in return Laundy Jnr would become the CEO.
2. Burton was nearly lost to Cronulla for as little as 20k had it been left for Hill to finalize the deal, it was made possible by the intervention of a very modest sponsor " not the Laundys ", I know the people involved and how it all unfolded, but I won't elaborate.
And people still believe News Lies unLtd...
As I said, this was nothing more than a puff piece allowed by the dogs to mend laundys bruised ego

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Laundy had to eat shit and had no other choice because the way the team has now turned around it justifies Barrett getting the nice big old boot out of there and he knew the club don’t give a fuck about his money That is why he came back running like a dog .
Came back running like a dog so he could keep giving us money? Damn there are some stupid comments on here.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I just hope if he does sign another deal it's for full freight and not still at this reduced rate. IF we have to put up with his "out of rank" comments then atleast pay the whole sum.
He is paying the whole freight. His reduced deal was for 2020 only.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because the club feels he has more to offer than money.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So you think it was all Laundys idea to bring Gould back to the club? Warburton and the board probably didnt even know who Gould is i suppose? Come on mate, you read an article and suddenly its all due to Laundy? A more like scenario is that Laundy had nothing to do with it, and the board appointed him. But sure, you believe the media, thats fine.
Laundy is a club sponsor, he doesnt sit on the board, he doesnt head our recruitment team, he is just a sponsor. And this is how it should be!
Im happy to have him on board though. His connections are invaluable. But this line that he is responsible for bring Gould back to the club is ficticious!
No of course it wasn’t all his idea. That doesn’t mean he didn’t play a key role in helping to make it happen.

He is clearly not just a sponsor, because he has openly stated he wants to offer more than just sponsorship money and the club doesn’t seem to have a problem with that. But go ahead. keep your head buried on the sand like so many others.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate Haven't you heard of brown paper bags .....
Well yeah, but there’s a difference between approved third party deals snd under the table payments… lol