Opinion Anyone else watching Harper and thinking wtf

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are Manly fans still psyched about “Stealing” Morgan Harper from the Dogs, or have they finally taken their heads out of their asses and realised why he couldn’t cut it in the worst side of the past decade’s starting centre rotation? Bloke hasn’t learned how to tackle in a lifetime of footy and he held Sifa’s pocket during the walk into the halftime sheds. Good thing Dessie Hasler the mad scientist is persisting with him and fucking young Koula’s development.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure Tony carrol. Greg Inglis, Justin olam etc would disagree .......
Oh when are Carrol and Inglis returning?
Olam is solid but I still think talakai edges him in strength. The dude in a cannon ball

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had an absolute shocker last night. Letting him go was the best decision at the time.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look i dont think harper is that bad, talakai is just at another level and when he gets around you and steps you he is hard to stop, even the veteran dane gagai had trouble marking talakai

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have never liked Harper, he is pretty typical of a lot of modern day players. He is all mouth and being a smart arse when things are going well but the minute they are faced with any sort of pressure or adversity they shit the bed and post it in. Having to forget the NRL and go and chase rubbish bins to make some money has given Talaki some perspective and humility and turned him into a great footy player. Watching him decimate harper last night was some of the most satisfying football I have watched in a long time. I hope he gets a shot at origin football, he really does deserve it.
Yeah Harper really got on my nerves last year mouthing off like he was king shit. He is only in the Manly team cause they have millions tied up in Tommy turbo, Jake and DCE and have to have cheap alternatives like Parker and himself as centres. Happy he got shown up last night

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
am I the only one with the "what if?" when it comes to Toby Sexton?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had also just come back from covid with losing like 5kgs and wasn’t ready to play. He was crook as hell with covid and should have had another week off.
He was also a miserable piece of shit that looks better in opposition colors. I have pleasure in seeing him get dominated by opposing centres knowing we cut him loose and he is now Manly’s problem.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ha ha - he helped get manly to top 4 last year - where did we end up?
After Talakai bumped him he was replaced by a rookie and now is last on the pecking order even at Manly who have injuries all over the park. Thanks for coming buddy. Go kiss the Harper posters on your bedroom wall.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Yep, can’t ever fucking believe we let him walk. Was there when I watched him win the NSW Cup final against Newtown and thought, man I hope we keep this kid. What a colossal fuckup to lose him.
Yeah I was also at that game.

Harper got that intercept and ran about 40 metres - scored in the southern corner in front of the grand stand.

Won the game for us - and the NSW Cup competition!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Harper goes well with manly, scored a couple and has got more size about him since was here, doesn’t look like a little lost bit anymore. not a bad player really..!! Better than most we have in 22.!