Any Qs for a Board Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
CA can go get fucked if he thinks we don't need to replace Holland and the Morris brothers with decent established first graders.

Since we didn't make a play at the Morris brothers they clearly don't have their heart in playing for us now. Great work CA.... shitcunt.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CA can go get fucked if he thinks we don't need to replace Holland and the Morris brothers with decent established first graders.

Since we didn't make a play at the Morris brothers they clearly don't have their heart in playing for us now. Great work CA.... shitcunt.
morris boys didn't want to be part of a rebuild at this stage of their careers, had no intention of staying at the dogs despite a couple of articles suggesting they were keen for a new contract at belmore. with their age and injury history bulldogs probably have moved in the right direction, hoppa will possibly fill one centre position and may find another young lad stuck in the pecking order elsewhere who is keen for a start. long time between now and next season. fingers crossed

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really hope Pay isn’t given full control of recruitment...Newcastle will struggle to field a reserve grade side.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure about not buying established players.
I'd buy the best 1,6,7,9 possibly 13 in the comp/available and fill the rest accordingly. Having at least thirteen up n comer guns on min wage of our 30.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If all these rumours are true, please ask why we aren't re-signing Martin

Tbh, even if the rumours about Oates are correct, and we somehow sign him as a backrower I would prefer martin

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If all these rumours are true, please ask why we aren't re-signing Martin

Tbh, even if the rumours about Oates are correct, and we somehow sign him as a backrower I would prefer martin
What if we sign Oates for 200k? He’s very desperate to play back row

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so did you get to ask any of these questions?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard it this Morning from a current first grader that Martin was asked to look elsewhere a month or so back. Whether or not things have changed with that situation I'm not sure. Hopefully his recent form and the release of other first graders has changed management's mind. I'd be extremely disappointed if we do not retain him
Development has been my consistent area of concern. It is obvious the lower grade coaches just cant cut it.
I cannot really think of any player they have improved.
I would go hard for Michael Potter to be the development coach.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Which ones are actually available going into next year? If we can't realistically win the comp next year it probably makes sense to save a bit of cap space so we can make a play for high quality players the next year

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder how much of a hand CA had in signing Cogger and Meaney.

Can't say I'm delighted to hear all that (you can't build a side around youth without experience alongside them), but hey, what can you do.

Sounds like CA is getting involved in everyones business, and I bet he's paying himself for the luxury. That'll only last so long before people get the shits.

Everyone else out shopping at Myers/David Jones, meanwhile we are hitting up The Reject Shop.
I think Cogger was the old board yeah? Meaney was definitely the new admin.

What do you mean paying himself? As a board member a stipend of course but I can't see him collecting much more $$$

I've always liked Anderson, he's not everyone's cup of tea granted, but he's a ruthless guy, in business it's important to be cut throat, whilst at the same time being measured and considered.

Unfortunately, we're in a position whe we have to take some gambles, Cogger/Meaney are definitely low-risk gambles compared to Dib's gamble on Woods & Foran...

Time will be the best litmus test of how his approach has gone.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think Cogger was the old board yeah? Meaney was definitely the new admin.
Right you are there. Cogger was Pay under Dib & Co. Meaney was Pay under Andersons & Co.

What do you mean paying himself? As a board member a stipend of course but I can't see him collecting much more $$$
I may be wrong, but I don't believe Directors get paid. However if you create a position for yourself within the club as a staff member, then you can get paid whatever you like.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting info. The problem is the Chris Anderson way of doing business was good in the past but things don't work that way anymore.

I'm not expecting instant success but another 10 years for a premiership also isn't realistic.

Also there's no way in hell players are going to stick around for unders after they've made a name for themselves and other clubs are offering big money, careers in NRL are very limited.

I just hope we're not talking about another wasted 5 years down the track.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Right you are there. Cogger was Pay under Dib & Co. Meaney was Pay under Andersons & Co.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Directors get paid. However if you create a position for yourself within the club as a staff member, then you can get paid whatever you like.
It doesn't work like that, a Director can't just create a position for themselves.

Increase in headcount always needs sign-off across multiple positions (in professional business at least), that position will have a salary bandwidth and a person is appointed accordingly.

Regardless of his wife being the Chairperson, Andrew Hill still needs to sign-off on that as CEO, no CEO would tolerate not being in-the-loop with that...Castle may be the exception ;)

If we are doing business any other way, we are a. Incompetent or b. Plain stupid or c. Maybe both.

I hope for all our sakes, that his position has gone through the right channels, there were always going to be feathers ruffled, that was the nature of the new board taking over.

Anderson is no dill, he will be setting up strong processes in the background, many of which clearly weren't there before...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t mind the strategy CA is implementing with focus on youth and bargain buy journeyman

He needs to balance the ‘way we used to conduct business with Bullfrog ‘ narrative with the reality of running a footy club today

He also needs to see how Pay fares for next season instead of rushing to re sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.