Any Qs for a Board Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Whilst our recruiters are largely pissing about, other clubs are snapping up talent easily.

Souths snared a young up and coming back.
Panthers snared both McGrady brothers.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst our recruiters are largely pissing about, other clubs are snapping up talent easily.

Souths snared a young up and coming back.
Panthers snared both McGrady brothers.
Meanwhile back in belmore........nothin is doin

You would think they would give the supporters some good news to lift their spirits..
Instead more doom and gloom...now they say martin will be a victim of the salary cap...give us all a break ...seriously

Make some fukin positive anouncements already and i aint talking about planting more trees or free memberships to refugees...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
People need to settle down. The recruiters are not sitting on their hands and doing nothing.
Be prepared for a few signings in the not to distant future.
2019 and 2020 are not so the distant future.

It's like the board are spinning the tyres but not actually going anywhere.

What's the bet they sign some more flogs that nobody wants and parade them around like superstars of the future.

In the space of time we've made 0 decent signings other clubs are already throwing money around with multiple signings (juniors too) so either:
a) We are not good at recruiting.
b) It's BS we have made some signings.
c) We haven't started making signings yet.

Has anyone bothered to pick up the phone at BulldogsHQ and called Jangala Bennet's parents?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not a simplistic view because i'm not saying you just sign kids and have a complete roster of juniors. Im saying you should always focus on your youth development so when holes in your roster pop up your first option is a young kid at the club than can be promoted on a lower wage and your not required to rush off to the market to recruit.

Look at Penrith, they lost Wallace and instead of hitting the market and potentially being forced to pay overs, they have 2 good young kids at the club in Katoa and Egan that can fill the role at a lower wage. If they lose Cleary they then have young Luai and May that can step up, if they lose Edwards they then have Aekins and so on.

Obviously you don't stack the the team with kids as the replacements will never always be as good or better than who they are replacing, they also lack the experience you mentioned. But if you have these good kids constantly coming through then this gives you more freedom with your roster management.
I can’t think of a better side in recent times that has managed their youth/systems better than the Panthers

I can’t think of a worst side that’s mismanaged / neglected their youth like us

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can’t think of a better side in recent times that has managed their youth/systems better than the Panthers

Yh true, they look set to be in the top 4 for years to come.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why aren't we resigning Martin? NOW

I know it's not as if we are busy making a charge for this year's semis...getting merchandising right and promoting our games....get on with it and make some signings

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

What, no way. It's not like we had first crack at latrell Mitchell, Connor Watson and Cameron Munster as teenagers........oh wait we did and that fat fuck Cleal rejected them.
Our junior system was completely ignored by Des and Cleal. That is the biggest reason we are in the fucked position we are in.
I hate to agree with Marley but the juniors are the first thing a club should ALWAYS be concentrating on. No good signing superstars and ignoring juniors because good juniors need to fill positions in your top 30 while they are cheap. That is how you manage the salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.