Any Qs for a Board Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do they have any plans to hold the previous management to account for this disaster?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. When are they moving on Foran, Eastwood, Tualau, Fualalo, Frawley, Elliott, Tolman, Lichaa, Holland & Montoya
2. Who is our recruitment scout for juniors
3. Can we have a clearer idea, as fans, of when we will be back in the market for marquee buys
4. are they planning on discounting merchandise to keep loyal fans through this period as a sweetener?

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How’s Kieran Forans medical forms for his retirement coming along?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know he probably won't tell you, but ask him exactly how deep in shit we are and if they are after big names for 2019-20.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. When are they moving on Foran, Eastwood, Tualau, Fualalo, Frawley, Elliott, Tolman, Lichaa, Holland & Montoya
3. Can we have a clearer idea, as fans, of when we will be back in the market for marquee buys
4. are they planning on discounting merchandise to keep loyal fans through this period as a sweetener?
I'd like to see more encouragement and quality coaching of Tualau. He showed a lot of promise last year and played well. He makes good runs at times but isn't focussed atm. Be a shame to let him go without developing him to play consistent footy.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the hold up in re signing Lewis and Martin??? Let him know the Kennel will go into total meltdown mode if these two are not re signed ASAP.
I heard it this Morning from a current first grader that Martin was asked to look elsewhere a month or so back. Whether or not things have changed with that situation I'm not sure. Hopefully his recent form and the release of other first graders has changed management's mind. I'd be extremely disappointed if we do not retain him

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1 What is the clubs biggest weakness and how will this be rectified for 2019?
2 How are things progressing with junior development?
I can answer your second question now. Junior development has done a 180 in the past 12 months with McDonnell and his team recruiting a lot of good young players including kids from Keebra Park who are currently playing in our junior grades. His view is the kids are the best group he has ever had at that age. Given he has recruited everyone at the Tigers from Farah to Teddy that's a pretty strong rap. Just need to wait a couple of years for them to mature enough to make their mark.

I think this week and/or next there are 40 x 15 year olds training and playing at Belmore as part of a local development initiative so we are on the up. Just need to be patient.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
McDonnell recruits the juniors and if you had been at the game on the weekend you could've bought the current jersey for about $75.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to a function on Friday dinner there will be a current board member there.. Have been to functions before and had a chance to chat to Bellamy and other NRL players..

Will see if I can sneek in some Qs probably about our cap and any signings on the horizon...

Any other Qs from u guys will try to sneak it in..
Yes my question,would be is it solely the salary cap or,is it true some on the current board,wanted as big a clean out of the overpayed and underperforming players moved on,which has now happened

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is ‘Are we clearing the decks to have a ‘war chest’ for 2020?’

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nero fiddled while Rome burned.
A complete historical inaccuracy but a great saying.
Our club is losing half a generation of young supporters now.
Unless I'm missing something it seems like we have already turned our toes up for next season.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got heaps of info will post in more detail later... everything said wasnt in private or confidence and mostly had people around me when we were chatting or within earshot so happy to share..

Il do a quick summary of the jist of all the info I gathered throughout the night..

1) no big name signing for next year.. club isnt looking for them either... we still looking at players for next year he said bargain buys, but no big names, dont want to over commit to anyone yet..

2) we are well under cap.. any cap ununsed will be front loaded..

3) cap space cleared up to give Pay the chance to build his own team.. with Mbye & Woods on our books we werent "over" cap but we had little wriggle room.. he used short term pain analogy a few times

4) Pay wanted Morris to stay but CA looking at longterm.. doesnt want anyone on books that might not have future here 2020 beyond.. short term pain analogy used again

5) Pay will do review at years end.. will hit market next year for areas he want to address.. 2019 & 2020 will be main years of recruitment.. he rekons 2020 more.. said club thinks we will be in best position of all clubs with our cap in 2020 to make moves for anyone

6) CA is incharge at our club... has a wide role gets involved in alot from office side to footy club.. can be an angry man lol - i wont share a certain story.. he has all board numbers so has control.. board has disagreed on a few things but all doing there best

7) Said previous board impatient for success signing good player to longterm big deals.. and they maxed our cap out completely every year.. Current board will be patient.. CA wants it done differently.. doesnt believe in signing superstars or big name players.. prefers to find next big thing, or good value or underrated players.. or players before they become stars.. i mentioned Roosters specifically then & he said we wont be recruiting like Roosters..

The club wants to avoid big money longterm deals said this several times.. players will have to prove themselves first before club commits longterm..

who we sign will depend on what areas Pay wants to strengthen.. the club wants to let Pay build his own team.. Pay will do complete review of team at seasons end

8) Lots of Bullfrog talk... He rarely signed established stars, got them usually before they became huge names.. club wants to do business like before.. only sign players that want to come here & improve their careers.. club will be offering minimal TPAs dont want players coming here just for big $$$..

9) I asked him what should I tell my friends.. he said they need to be patient.. inexperienced roster, if pay decided he wants to persist with them it will take time..

10) I asked about 2019 .. he said club expects us to be competitive - I said what about spoon.. he said we expect to be competing for finals..

11) Pay as coach - club happy with him.. he has good relationship with CA.. he will be re-signed sooner than you think

Out now will add more detail.. jotted points on mobile after every convo so didnt miss a thing

Last edited:

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Got heaps of info will post in more detail later... everything said wasnt in private or confidence and mostly had people around me when we were chatting or within earshot so happy to share..

Il do a quick summary of the jist of all the info I gathered throughout the night..

1) no big name signing for next year.. club isnt looking for them either... we still looking at players for next year he said bargain buys, but no big names, dont want to over commit to anyone yet..

3) cap space cleared up to give Pay the chance to build his own team.. with Mbye & Woods on our books we werent "over" cap but we had little wriggle room.. he used short term pain analogy a few times

4) Pay wanted Morris to stay but CA looking at longterm.. doesnt want anyone on books that might not have future here 2020 beyond

5) Pay will do review at years end.. will hit market next year for areas he want to address.. 2019 & 2020 will be main years of recruitment.. he rekons 2020 more.. said club thinks we will be in best position of all clubs with our cap in 2020 to make moves for anyone

6) CA is incharge at our club... has a wide role gets involved in alot from office side to footy club.. can be an angry man lol - i wont share a certain story.. he has all board numbers so has control.. board has disagreed on a few things but all doing there best

7) Said previous board impatient for success signing good player to longterm big deals.. and they maxed our cap out completely every year.. Current board will be patient.. CA wants it done differently.. doesnt believe in signing superstars or big name players.. prefers to find next big thing, or good value or underrated players.. or players before they become stars.. i mentioned Roosters specifically then & he said we wont be recruiting like Roosters..

The club wants to avoid big money longterm deals said this several times.. players will have to prove themselves first before club commits longterm..

who we sign will depend on what areas Pay wants to strengthen.. the club wants to let Pay build his own team.. Pay will do complete review of team at seasons end

8) Lots of Bullfrog talk... He rarely signed established stars, got them usually before they became huge names.. club wants to do business like before.. only sign players that want to come here & improve their careers.. club will be offering minimal TPAs dont want players coming here just for big $$$..

9) I asked him what should I tell my friends.. he said they need to be patient.. inexperienced roster, if pay decided he wants to persist with them it will take time..

10) I asked about 2019 .. he said club expects us to be competitive - I said what about spoon.. he said we expect to be competing for finals..

11) Pay as coach - club happy with him.. he has good relationship with CA.. he will be re-signed sooner than you think

Out now will add more detail..
Thanks for the info , any news regarding Lewis and Martin be re-signed ?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the info , any news regarding Lewis and Martin be re-signed ?
I asked some specific player Qs but got no answers back about most of them re contracts.. will post later..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

4) Pay wanted Morris to stay but CA looking at longterm.. doesnt want anyone on books that might not have future here 2020 beyond.. short term pain analogy used again

Out now will add more detail.. jotted points on mobile after every convo so didnt miss a thing
Thanks for the info! There are definitely some positives there. Hopefully we can recruit some gun players over the next few years.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Cheers for the info. mate, was told the same about Anderson also, I like the fact he is willing to be patient and invest in young guys and bring them through...that was the way we always did business.

Plus, Anderson is a hard prick....I like that also.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Womans Premiership. If you looked at our club site you'd be hard believing that we actually have a womans side.
You do, it's called the men's side. :tongueclosed:

Runs away fast.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how much of a hand CA had in signing Cogger and Meaney.

Can't say I'm delighted to hear all that (you can't build a side around youth without experience alongside them), but hey, what can you do.

Sounds like CA is getting involved in everyones business, and I bet he's paying himself for the luxury. That'll only last so long before people get the shits.

Everyone else out shopping at Myers/David Jones, meanwhile we are hitting up The Reject Shop.

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Going to a function on Friday dinner there will be a current board member there.. Have been to functions before and had a chance to chat to Bellamy and other NRL players..

Will see if I can sneek in some Qs probably about our cap and any signings on the horizon...

Any other Qs from u guys will try to sneak it in..
Yes how much of our cap is being given to other clubs what is the figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.