Anthony Seibold

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant keep on looking at people who are riding on the accomplishments of others, Seaworld and Baz both are as well as complete myths who talk the talk but fail where it matters.

We need a tried and tested coach with results.

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Seadud. Yeah good one. Insight with the benefit of hindsight. That's 90% of posters here. I don't disagree that we probably need more tactical nous, defensive grit and better trainers (not the hangover dude). But not Seadud.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant keep on looking at people who are riding on the accomplishments of others, Seaworld and Baz both are as well as complete myths who talk the talk but fail where it matters.

We need a tried and tested coach with results.
I’m not saying I agree with him coming to the Dogs but he is a premiership winning coach that sounds accomplished to me

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people, like Baz and Seibold, might be very intelligent thinkers footy wise, but fail to translate it to their coaching.

I don’t doubt that Seibold knows a lot about the game, but it doesn’t automatically make him a good coach.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If baz was responsible for the removal of Averillo from half, and then trying him at centre I think it shows that he is proactive. Fair enough it shouldnt have taken him all preseason, 2 trials and 2 NRL games to realise that, but good move by him.

Lets not forget Hasler would probably have kept Okunbor in the team (he persisted with the likes of Montoya, Holland etc).

This isnt as bad a team as last year, and we do have decent players scattered across the park. Problem will remain a 7 & 9 which we do not have (we actually have nothing close to resembling a 9 and 7, what we have is park footballers in those position). This team would beat last years team easy. But we havent played every team in the comp yet to gauge where we are.

Is barrett accountable that we arent 3-4? I dont know? We need to persist with him until atleast the end of the season to see what teams he picks and if he can get the attack firing. We have a young 5/8 who needs to lead the team. He probably isnt ready for such responsibility but you hope he learns and develops into a better player from this and not go into his shell like Flanno. Fingers crossed after the horror first 2 months we can start to gain confidence again and be in every game like we were in the first 3 weeks.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seibold's like Barrett - players can't seem to understand either of them and neither can make an average player, or a player in average form, better. No point changing like for like. Might as well stick with Baz and hope he improves till we can find a coach that players believe and want to play for eg Fitzgibbon.